• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

multi calibers or just one. what do you guys do?

squirrel_slayer

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2009
casa grande, az
I've been bitten by the barrel bug recently with a current project. a savage switch barrel. I started out planning on building a nice .260 rig out of it and holding on to the orgional .308 parts so I could convert it for hunting season. now I find myself buying and wanting to buy more barrels. as it stands I have a .308 sporter, .260 28" varmint contour, and a 27" .338 edge. i've yet to shoot the .260 or .338 due to not having appropriate powders. (may try some reloader 17 for the .260) i've got my eye on a .223ai and short .308 lite varmint contour but thinking I might just be over complicating things. the cost of the barrels would buy another keg of powder and a decent amount of bullets. are you guys running one chambering year round or change it up from time to time. the .338 is more of a novelty that will only be shot a few times a year(at $1 a round I don't see my self shooting it much).