• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

muzzle brake for 6.5x.284win...

dcnyli

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Looking for some information on a nice muzzle brake to instal on a new build, 26" USMC taper barrel (schneider 1-8 twist, 5P) and would like a brake to knock out some of the recoil(albeit not too heavy from the round, less is more)

Been looking at a Badger FTE so far, but having little knowledge was hoping for some direction….

thanks for reading fellas.
-dcnyli

Last edited:
I've got an APA micro bastard in my 6.5x55 and it works well... Probably be about the same for your x284.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all great feedback fellas, I really like the micro bastard/little jimmy especially seeing how well the fat bastard performed on the 338lapua bench test…

the concept of fast/easy removal is nice too on the some of these in the event I get the chance(free state) to use a suppressor one day.

Ross schuler brake, $45 shipped. He can taper it to you barrel diameter and drill it out to your caliber. I just installed one on my 308 and it reduced recoil by almost half.

Be prepared to get hit with a nice concussion.

Last edited:
I have a 6.5 saum that GAP put together for me and the Badger FTE works great on it, should do the same for
your 6.5 x 284