• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Muzzle Brake

ppkny

Private
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2012
Has anyone had any experience with the clamp-on muzzle brakes from Coretac Solutions. Another choice would be to have the barrel threaded for a screw on.

CORETAC SOLUTIONS - Clamp on Muzzle Brake, muzzle brakes

I'm looking to use one on my Savage .260 caliber Model 10/110 Preditor Htr Max1 for the Long Range (1000 meters) game at Ridgway.
I will be shooting a 140 gr Sierra BT Spitzer with 42.5gr of H-8341 sc. 2600 fps approx.

ppkny

For the price they want for the clamp on it should save you $ to have the barrel threaded and purchase a brake to fit.
+ if later you decide to try a silencer your barrel will be ready for it.

I would just get the barrel threaded it is worth the investment. I seems like it would be hard to keep a muzzle break on without threaded it on. I have all my barrels threaded and I am glad I do it.

These guys do nice work, but at $275 - 300, that will cost you. Like the others write, threading your barrel for a screw-on device is not a bad idea if your Savage muzzle is an adequate diameter.