• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Breaks what are you using and what is you barrel contour?

I prefer to go way overboard- with a A419 sidewinder 6 mm appeture on my 6 dasher.

I've tried em all. The sidewinder is my favorite.

Wow, I didnt know about this one. How would you compare the recoil reduction between the area 419 and this one? How about the back blast between the two?
Recoil reduction is about the same. Back blast is greater with the Area 419.

Reactions: Gil P.
The OP is a snowflake. Your muzzle brake breaks and he referring to your dick.

Teludyne Tech Magnum brake. Recoil reduction is superb, looks bad ass, dont stand beside or close to the business end. She throws some gasses worse than taco bell.

No brakes. No good reason except that most of the guns were purchased before my defection with extreme prejudice from NY State. My approach to recoil modification is to shoot chamberings with a reasonable degree of recoil to begin with, and to shoot lighter bullets in rifles that are not intended for usage at extended distances.

All of my AR and target gun barrel contours are either Bull or HBAR, except for the lightweight one, which is slim with an A2 Hider and is one of the two purchased since the move to Arizona. The 7.62x39 Scout and .223 MVP Predator are lightweight/medium fluted bull with basic hunter barrel crowns.

I shoot .223 up to .30-06. The Axis II .30-06 hunter has the most recoil. As time permits, I'll be developing a dedicated Nosler 125gr Ballistic Tip reduced recoil load for it. I have scads of them left over from the defunct 30BR project. They will also eventually go into a load for the 7.62x39 Scout (it has a 308 bore).

BTW, I haven't been a kid for at least 50 years, and the last part of that 'being a kid' was as a Draftee Marine in Quang Tri Province. Got out on Feb 22, 1968, turned 22 that following May 22. First serious rifle I had was a Deuce Rem 722, too. Cleaned the target with it in the first Carlos.

Greg

Last edited: