• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My 7th broken scope.

Re: My 7th broken scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to have a 3.5-15X50 NP-R1 on it. Just don't have the coin. Anyone want a new 6.5-20X50 Vari-X III? </div></div>

I, too, am surprised the Leupold couldn't handle the recoil. My 6.5x20 Vari-x has done quite well with the 7mm Magnum it rides. Same for the Zeiss's. I'll give you $40 for the Leupold when you get it back.....
grin.gif

Kaiser Norton

I have to bring up the scope rings again...you mentioned that there were all but the slightest marks on the tube after removal...I suspect that could be an issue. I've only seen ring marks on one scope of mine, and thats because I used the cheapest rings possible and cranked em down all the way.

As far as the rings go again. I torque them all, & check with feeler gauges that the tops are even. I've had 2 sets of 1 pc lupy rings, & 2 sets of lupy QR ring, & bases along with a set of weavers, but I had scopes break on all of them. The marks on my scopes from the rings are just enough to see with a magnifying glass. You can't see them with out one. The scope rides in the rings like a shaft in bearings. I may buy some badger ordinance rings, & bases for it, but don't need 20 moa bases for a 600 yd rifle.

I am a Burris man... main reason being made in USA. For my hunting scopes i prefer a 40mm or 44mm in 3-9 or 3-12.

I also prefer Burris Signature ZEE rings - your not gonna mark or mar up much less break a tube and you dont need to lap them.

I do completely believe one can get "too" much scope. I however also believe that optics are the single most neglected part of most hunting setups while being the most important part.

Why spend your money on a quality rifle and stick a cheap scope on it?

No offense to any one... but I love running across an $800 Browning A-bolt with a Tasco on top of it. Tickles me.

You can get a very high quality Burris Signature Select or Euro Diamond for much less than S&B and Swarovski or Khales or well go down the list of european manufacturers.

Did I mention that Burris scopes (most models) are made in the good ol USA?

Oh yeah and Burris scopes are made in the USA!