• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Day at the Range and a Question About Bullets Destroying Meat

There is a huge disinformation campaign out there against these type of rifles and not enough coming from the other side. If it were me I would be prepared to answer such questions and even give demonstrations if necessary, be prepared to show scientific reports, etc in a calm and logical way. A lot of people don’t want to engage morons but you have to understand they have been deliberately misinformed and are the victims of brainwashing. I don’t think ignoring them is the answer. I engage people like that online all the time and have never lost an argument.

Attachments

• Arise dead thread.png
    Arise dead thread.png
    461 KB · Views: 19
... a guy wearing a Vietnam Veteran hat and his wife shooting a Glock to the right.

... this cuck and his cow acted so morally superior that I felt they weren’t worth the cost of the cartridges.
Did it not occur to them they might be shooting ammunition designed Para bellum (for war), issued throughout the Nazi Reich, to kill countless Jews and allied soldiers?

Why did they need to have a pistol built for war? Worse yet, maybe hollow point bullets designed for inhumane crippling and painful killing -- far worse than damaging meat you might eat?

Reactions: 6.5SH and Redmanss
Did it not occur to them they might be shooting ammunition designed Para bellum (for war), issued throughout the Nazi Reich, to kill countless Jews and allied soldiers?

Why did they need to have a pistol built for war? Worse yet, maybe hollow point bullets designed for inhumane crippling and painful killing -- far worse than damaging meat you might eat?

For the war on crime.

• Haha
Reactions: sinister
There is a huge disinformation campaign out there against these type of rifles and not enough coming from the other side. If it were me I would be prepared to answer such questions and even give demonstrations if necessary, be prepared to show scientific reports, etc in a calm and logical way. A lot of people don’t want to engage morons but you have to understand they have been deliberately misinformed and are the victims of brainwashing. I don’t think ignoring them is the answer. I engage people like that online all the time and have never lost an argument.
I think you are talking about yersef in 3rd person. That's the only way I can comprehend yer entire statement.
Here today.....gone tomorrow........🤣

Nobody in the world has ever lost an argument on the internet. Now when someone is in punching, kicking, and biting range....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Holy fuck, even spam bots are pompous KAC fanboys. Never lost an argument on the internet? What a fucking laugh…

Fuck off.
How does that work even. I don't remember the join up process, but did you not have to reply to an email or something.

Wonder what the board policy is on this type of thing. I bet it would be a full time job blocking this stuff.

Would setting up some software to combat this hit the site for major $$.

This time I actually looked at the user info, one post joined today. I feel proud of my self for not falling for this one.

Wonder if he found a rifle in the trash as well.

Briefly about the ultimate power of the semi auto. Theoretically speaking between a bolt action and a semi with equal barrel lengths shooting the same RDS. The MV of the semi will be slightly less making it.............less powerful. Wahwahwah 1/2mv^2. However the cube of the boob is still directly proportional to the mass of the ass.

Briefly about the ultimate power of the semi auto. Theoretically speaking between a bolt action and a semi with equal barrel lengths shooting the same RDS. The MV of the semi will be slightly less making it.............less powerful. Wahwahwah 1/2mv^2. However the cube of the boob is still directly proportional to the mass of the ass.
Idk, between breast augmentation/reduction and Brazilian butt lifts, that ratio can be a hot mess.

Actually regarding the threads origin....

Isn't the exact purpose of bullets to destroy meat in the first place ?
You don't shoot something you want to heal yanno.....

Why thank you fellow gun enthusiast.

• Haha
Reactions: Aftermath
I should pull a few different cartridges together, put them in one of those “ammo wallets” and toss it into my range bag. Maybe a 30-06, 308 win, 30-30, 270win (redundant with 30-06), perhaps a 45 cal muzzle loader projectile, and 223 rem. When this stupid comes up, pull out the wallet for some show and tell.
What if I use a 44 caliber bullet in my 50 caliber muzzleloader?

What if I use a 44 caliber bullet in my 50 caliber muzzleloader?
You do you. The point is to illustrate the difference between common hunting cartridges (or bullets) and the “ultra lethal meat destroying 223…”

You do you. The point is to illustrate the difference between common hunting cartridges (or bullets) and the “ultra lethal meat destroying 223…”
You go to a range where this subject comes up often enough that you are going to put together a show and tell diarama.
Nice

On Sunday I took my Knights SR-25 to the range to practice. There was an open lane between a guy shooting a 30-30 to the left and a guy wearing a Vietnam Veteran hat and his wife shooting a Glock to the right. As I was taking my rifle out of the case I heard her say “Jesus” in a condescending way but I ignored it. I took my first shot and heard some comment about the noise from Mr. & Mrs. Glock. Lucky for them I use a brass catcher or they would have really been pissed about the flying brass since the Knights has twin ejectors. I fired about 5 more rounds over the next 5 minutes when the range went cold.

At that point, Mr. Glock then asked me why I felt compelled to own an AR-15, in a self-righteous manner. I didn’t even bother trying to explain to him that this was an SR-25, I knew it wouldn’t have mattered. They saw big black scary looking so it had to be an AR-15. I respectfully stated “I just enjoy shooting a semi-automatic platform.” That was it. He stated that too many people have these “assault rifles”. I stated “uh-huh”, thinking to myself, yeah my SR weighs about 18 pounds, it’s a real “assault rifle”. He stated a handgun is better for home defense and if you hunt with an AR-15 you will destroy the meat. I stated “With regards to home defense, what is comfortable for me may not be comfortable for someone else and people should use what is best for them.” “With regards to destroying the meat, it doesn’t matter if the bullet comes out of a semi-automatic or a bolt action, the damage will be the same, it is about the cartridge.” At that point it got stupid. He then stated “No, the AR-15 bullets are more powerful and cause more damage than the civilian bullets.” I then stated “There is no such thing as an AR-15 bullet, there is a .223 Remington and 5.56x45 mm NATO cartridge which are the cartridges used in most AR-15 platforms, the same that are used in bolt action rifles.” He then stated that he had read something somewhere and “I” was misinformed. At that point I just wanted to get away from the situation because I didn’t go to the range for this crap so I stated “Okay, well I want to get back to shooting when the range goes hot so have a good day.” The whole time “she” had this look of disgust towards me on her fat face. They packed up and left. I packed up and left 15 minutes later, disgusted with the ignorance of people and regretting that I allowed others to do this to me.

I had briefly thought about offering them the opportunity to shoot my Knights but this cuck and his cow acted so morally superior that I felt they weren’t worth the cost of the cartridges. The more I think about it, the more pissed I get. I imagine they will take their Glock and put it back in their nightstand and feel safe knowing it is there, regardless of the fact that they have had no significant training nor practiced any situation drills at home. I tend to wonder if he even was a Vietnam veteran. If he was then he forget his oath to “defend the Constitution” or didn’t take it seriously. I did. Sorry and thanks for letting me rant. You hear about these people but you don’t meet them. I was up half the night thinking “I should have said this or that”.

I use my SR as a very expensive paper punch. I have never have been hunting so I am ignorant about the effect of a bullet on meat. I have seen a bunch of ballistic gel tests but do not know if they compare because of the lack of bone. When I was in the Air Force, we were taught that the 5.56 mm bullet was designed to tumble. So the question. In a hunting scenario, is a 5.56 mm bullet more destructive to the meat than say a .308 Winchester? I would think not.

Edit: Added line for paragraphs

A 9mm AR shuts these people up effectively.

You go to a range where this subject comes up often enough that you are going to put together a show and tell diarama.
Nice
Not anymore, really. Finally joined a private club. But, even there I think the Fudd is pretty strong. I already have all of the listed ammo. Grabbing one of each and throwing them in a bag is pretty minimal effort.

Idk what it is, but at a public range I must put off a strong “come talk to me vibe.” It’s weird that they persist over me yelling “I can’t hear you, I’m wearing ear protection.”

Beyond that, I don’t hide that I hunt and shoot (though I don’t broadcast it either), but many of my friends are not hunters or shooters. If I can diffuse a potential argument with; “See this? This is a 30-06 cartridge, and your grandpa put deer on the ground with it every year. Never was there any concern about it destroying the animal. This, on the other hand is the 5.56 cartridge that the media would have you believe will set off Oppenheimer’s atmospheric chain reaction and end the world”; that’s a win in my book.