• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My first Savage tackdriver

browningboy84

Minuteman
May 7, 2009
Georgia
I bought this Savage earlier this year and did some work on it, and painted it up after I got a good scope on it.

Savage model 12 BVSS in 300WSM
Warne one piece base
Leupold rings
Leupold Vari-XIII 4.5-14X50AO
Paint job by a buddy of mine(free for me)
Winchester bipod

000_0011.jpg

000_0012.jpg

000_0013.jpg

000_0014.jpg

Have not sighted in it yet since I got the new scope (bought it here on the Hide), but I will be sighting it in in 2 weeks. It is a work in progress, but it is my first tackdriver. I had it shooting 1/2" groups at 100 yards with a cheap scope, but shitty past 100 yards.Anyway, I cant wait to tweak a handload for it. I already have some data on the gun, but I am gonna do some more load development for it.

Re: My first Savage tackdriver

IMO it's a great first stick. The savages are verry easy to upgrade when the time comes.

What are your thoughts on the winchester bipod?

Re: My first Savage tackdriver

Have not really shot the gun yet, but it seems to be an ok entry level bipod. It seems to be fairly sturdy, and the legs fully extended dont wobble. I will post more info when I shoot it. I am scheduled to go shoot with a buddy of mine who is a LEO sniper on our regional SWAT team. ( I am a EMT-P, and am currently waiting on a slot to open up so I can be a medic for them).