• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My GAP & Custom Contender

MrLebowski

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2010
Monee, Illinois
Well up until now I'd just been drooling over everyone elses GAP rifles, all the time wanting one of my own.
Well the opertunity arose so I jumped on it a few weeks ago.
So last weekend it came in so I went and picked up my first GAP.
It's a bit of an oddball but I like it that way, I'm all about having unique things.

Chambered in .300WSM
Single shot Dakota T-76 action & trigger tuned very light by GAP
26" Mike Rock 5R 1-10 twist with badger thruster brake
McMillan, Mchale stock with Tac-Ops stock pack
Mil/Mil 3.2x17 TPAL w/ Badger rings

I haven't gotten out to shoot it or even start on load development yet but that will come soon enough.

Well here's a few cell phone pics, that's the only camera I have right now so these really don't due it justice.

photobucket-2554-1324666751273.jpg

photobucket-706-1324666612106.jpg

photobucket-2244-1324666533583.jpg

photobucket-640-1324666663817.jpg

photobucket-4257-1324666252422.jpg

Something interesting about this rifle is it was lent to Jeff Hoffman at Blackhills to develop their .300WSM load.
This rifle was one of the few personal rifles that George let go awhile back and I decided I needed it in my safe.

I'm looking forward to getting it out in the next few weeks, I'll post up some pics when I do, if I can remember to take any.

Re: My new GAP

I knew some one was gonna ask about it, but I didn't expect it in the first post.

It's a TC Contender with a nice set of laminated furnature on it and the barrel is a 12" Bullberry in .41 Mag.

I wanted a hunting pistol and I was inbetween the Contender and a 6" S&W in .357, well I ended up with the Contender.

I got a really good deal on it, plus I figured I can always change out the barrel to another caliber if I want.

The wood on it is just awsome looking but the grip was made for someone with smaller hands & longer fingers than mine.
I can shoot it just fine but with the barrel being that long & heavy you can't hold on target for very long.
I'm thinking about sending the barrel out and having it fluted to cut some weight off to make it a bit easier to hold for longer periods of time.

Also here's a pic of just the Contender
photobucket-3745-1324669303450.jpg

I'm more of a Tac gun guy but I really like that rifle, I bet that thing is super accurate.

Thanks guys.

Ya I saw the TC and I instantly fell in love with the furniture on it.

Only thing is I wish I had longer fingers.