• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My latest package from Midway

According to usps the large flat rate box(yeah the really thin flimsy cardboard ones) are good for 75 pounds. I bought 5 bags of shot 25lbs each off ebay. The seller put 2 bags in each flat rate box lulz. The one box with one bag showed up fine and on time. The one box with 2 bags showed up a week later torn to shit with a bag partially hanging out of it. The third box with 2 bags stopped tracking and went into limbo. Usps told me too bad so sad. Luckily the seller was super cool about it and refunded me the purchase price of the 2 bags. If usps says you can put 75 pounds in the box it seems to me its on them to deliver it intact in the box they designed and provide for that load.

EAD029D1-5E56-429B-8A09-5E505EC9F370.jpeg

You too, huh?
Reach out to customer service, they will reimburse you for the value of any losses. I counted my bullets and was short about 7, and let them know that the time I spent counting them and cleaning shipping tape residue off the ones I did receive was worth money to me too. I got a gift card for about $20 and was reimbursed the shipping costs.

Reactions: Absoluterock
View attachment 7621658
You too, huh?
Reach out to customer service, they will reimburse you for the value of any losses. I counted my bullets and was short about 7, and let them know that the time I spent counting them and cleaning shipping tape residue off the ones I did receive was worth money to me too. I got a gift card for about $20 and was reimbursed the shipping costs.
Midway also?

Out of maybe 200 packages I have received from Midway over the years, I have never, ever, ever received one in a USPS mailing box. Always brown box.

i think my favorite fuck you to USPS was putting about 68 pounds of lead ingots into a medium flat rate box

they weren't amused when we had a hand truck and about 15 boxes to ship

View attachment 7621658
You too, huh?
Eurooptics?

Uncle Larry will make it right, I’m sure.
Maybe he needs to crack the whip a little harder in the shipping department.

Now when I buy bullets on here, I request the boxes of bullets be placed in a bag, to hopefully prevent those flyers from sneaking out the bottom, or through the massive hole USPS made.
Nothing like picking up a box with Lapua Scenars falling out of it. 😰

Check the terms and conditions that all the carriers make you agree to before shipping (you know the ones that nobody reads).
I think you'll find their lawyers have made sure it's not going to happen.

Not to mention, you think it's bad now, you piss off your local package delivery driver group and you'll probably wind up having to pick all your packages at a distant hub.
So I guess, according to you, it's best just to let these assholes stick it to me in the trunks? If you don't have the balls to fight this little stuff, then what do you have the balls for?.............other than the obvious. Really great example to set.
No, I'll go ahead and continue the fight by calling local and regional offices and bitchin'. At least I get it off of my chest and can hope they replace the driver with something better.

Reactions: rady
So I guess, according to you, it's best just to let these assholes stick it to me in the trunks? If you don't have the balls to fight this little stuff, then what do you have the balls for?.............other than the obvious. Really great example to set.
No, I'll go ahead and continue the fight by calling local and regional offices and bitchin'. At least I get it off of my chest and can hope they replace the driver with something better.

I'm just pointing out that suing them over the condition of packages delivered, is probably going to not work out how you hope it will, neither will trying to get some LE types involved either.

Your above statement is the best way to go about dealing with it, unless you can get a relationship going with your local delivery driver.

In our case, we get very good package delivery from pretty much all the carriers just by being extra nice and considerate to the delivery drivers.

Reactions: Ravenworks
While it appears I’m the odd man out here, I stay on good terms with all of our delivery drivers-USPS/UPS/FedEx. While we have a bank of PO Boxes, my USPS guy knows when it’s heavy or long, he’ll go out of his way to bring directly to the house. They catch a heap of shit from most people, so treating them right goes a long way to good service.

Reactions: Ravenworks
For the price they charge, they don't care.
Generally as long as they get it there, it's usually on the shipper any issues with it getting destroyed.
They have no incentive to not do the bare minimum effort.
It's the "minimum standard" syndrome... I've noticed that 99/100 times if you set minimum standards your yield is rock-bottom minimum results.

Mike

I have learned that my local post office won't deliver bullets when I order from Midwayusa or Brownells. They always leave me a note saying I have to go to the post office to pick up my package. For that reason, I've started having them shipped to me via UPS.

I almost hate to have bullets shipped. USPS seems to be the worst - see below - but the two big private carriers can be just as bad. My wife watched a [deleted] driver literally drop a case of CCI SV .22 onto our brick front stoop and the case burst open. When my two cases of Lapua-tested Center-X arrived, I was out at the truck with a dolly before the guy was hardly out of his seat.
View attachment 7621096
View attachment 7621097
I'm more impressed you found ELD-M's somewhere..... Been on the hunt for months....

Reactions: OkieMike
I'm more impressed you found ELD-M's somewhere..... Been on the hunt for months....
I wish. That shipment of ELD-Ms arrived in early September 2020. Wish I'd gotten some Berger 140 Hybrids wile I was at it...

Got the new Hornady manual from them and it was shipped in a pouch style envelope only. Corners of the hardcover were crushed and damaged - sloppy packaging and no fault of the shipping company (UPS). I take care of my books and it sucked to have a new book so damaged before I even read it.

Reactions: Holliday
I wish. That shipment of ELD-Ms arrived in early September 2020. Wish I'd gotten some Berger 140 Hybrids wile I was at it...
Gotcha. Yeah, I'm in the same fvcking boat. Two guns that love them, and can't find them. I'm shooting my last 200 at a match this weekend. Been buying up and doing load dev on Bergers, Barnes and Sierra and probably won't look back.

Regarding the OP, I've been more than impressed with Graf's and handling the issue with replacement, and getting the old back to them.
Service from them has been tops.

USPS has been terrible lately it seems. But fed ex and ups will bend you over.

I sent my buddy a 1-6 razor in a geisselle mount last week. 1500 insurance signature required. they left it on his porch no signature. like this. And he reached in and luckily it was there.

I even used that heavy duty. Box tape all over the outside... must of hit it with a fork lift or something

Attachments

• B8872F60-B677-4C9F-AC7F-035C4CCD30B4.jpeg
    B8872F60-B677-4C9F-AC7F-035C4CCD30B4.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 46
Dude. I was just having this conversation with some friends at work. Here’s my Midway fun. Luckily no serious damage to the press

Attachments

• 1FB86FE0-663F-4C16-8866-07A3307FFABD.jpeg
    1FB86FE0-663F-4C16-8866-07A3307FFABD.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 43
i think my favorite fuck you to USPS was putting about 68 pounds of lead ingots into a medium flat rate box

they weren't amused when we had a hand truck and about 15 boxes to ship
I mailed back HD disc brakes and pads in one of the USPS one rate boxes. Used a new small roll of strapping tape on the sucker!. The lady behind the counter just stared at me. F**k me laughing!

I gladly pay extra for UPS or FedEx shipping over USPS every single day of the week.

Is it just me or does the OPs package look like it got wet/damp and then busted open?

My current UPS driver is a shooter and we have had talks and are on friendly terms. It seems to help as he has handled my packages with care.
My old one was a hunter also. He learned to not carry the boxes up the steps until he knew I was home! lol

Reactions: Baron23
Previous years....My UPS guy got so used to delivering heavy boxes full of ammo to me - that he delivered a box intended for my neighbor to me instead. I found it interesting that my “I don’t have guns” neighbor ordered 2k rounds of 7.62x39! Lol

Just dropped off today, bullets spilling out. sigh . . . .

View attachment 7621082
Art, sorry to hear this my friend....did ya even get a chance to ask the postman WTF?
Maybe we invite him to our next Friday practice....we'll let him hold up the targets!
And while I got your attention, WTF happened to our SOTY? Hope you and yours are fat, dumb, healthy, and happy!

The bullets were in a small lightweight cardboard box inside a bigger USPS box with very little packing. I blame this one on Midway. USPS bounced it around a bit, but it was poorly packed. I got some primers fromMidway a couple weeks ago that was packed well enough to survive being run over by a truck; this was at the other end of the spectrum.

I had the same thing happen recently. I called midway…they asked how many were missing and refunded me the value of the missing bullets (including the random/non matching bullets)…out of 500 ended up getting 10% $ back.

Annoying but manageable.

My dad is a photographer that sent prints with USPS' triangle tube designed specifically for paintings, prints, etc... Sent insured with signature required. Buyer was pissed when they went to sign and the box was damaged. USPS said that it is up to the shipper to file a claim, so my dad did. Buyer sent pictures of the box with the USPS driver still present in the picture, the damaged print out of the box, and wrote a formal testimony on my dad's behalf. USPS said it was due to my dad's packing and rejected his claim, even upon appeal.

YOU SIMPLY ROLL THE PRINT UP AND PUT IT IN A TRIANGULAR BOX.

Moral of the story: none of the shipping companies actually give a shit about us. It is all on the shipper to pack shit correctly, and raise hell when they let you down.

Got the new Hornady manual from them and it was shipped in a pouch style envelope only. Corners of the hardcover were crushed and damaged - sloppy packaging and no fault of the shipping company (UPS). I take care of my books and it sucked to have a new book so damaged before I even read it.
This is one of my pet peeves when buying books. They always use those damn envelopes.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
USPS has serious problems. They found the 3+ million lost 2020 ballots 3-weeks ago between Harrisburg and Philadelphia PA sorting facilities and don’t know what the fuck to do with them.

midways free shipping/cheap shipping is UPS mail innovations.....last leg is USPS. For <$1.00 more UPS delivers the whole route. ON TIME with accurate and informative tracking

it takes USPS 2-3 weeks to deliver 2-day priority flat rate usps shipments from reloads-n-more from NH to PA. Sit in Harrisburg for 2-weeks or longer before going the last 20-miles

Some time back, ordered 1,000 9mm 124 FMJs and 1,000 357 125 FMJs. Y'all already know where this is going. Box arrived. The crappy little boxes inside split open because they were just thrown in the bigger box. I had 2,000 bullets roaming around inside the bigger box. Luckily, the profile was different so it was easy to separate them....just very time consuming!

Called Midway. They said "Yeah, that kinda sucks. Sorry." No discount. No partial refund. No credit on next purchase. Nothing.

SO, yeah, done with Midway.

Just dropped off today, bullets spilling out. sigh . .Yep, been there, done that!

It's a damned shame when your expensive bullets have tire tracks on them.

Screw the "blame it all on UPS" spiel.

I blame it on both. MW KNOWS the bullets are heavy, KNOWS UPS is a box-wrecker..........so no excuses for either.

I very carefully documented my loss in several pictures, and Midway replaced the loss to the T, without the extras I suggested for my troubles.

What can you do?

I havent had a problem with anything arriving from Midway, but I live fairly close.....but some of the packaging lately has been kinda funky........I believe Midway is suffering from the same difficulties as many businesses these days......good help is hard to find".....

Everybody demands "free shipping".
Nobody wants to actually pay for solid secure packaging and good shipping.
Nobody seems able to pay enough to have people with the correct level of intelligence or experience for packing stuff.

Heavy objects loose inside flimsy packaging...

But in the end, everybody will bitch but still prefer the cheapest / freest crap packaging and shipping and just either deal with it or demand somebody send them more, because when it comes down to it, most folks just care about cheap.
I've paid $50 for shipping and got the same thing...

I havent had a problem with anything arriving from Midway, but I live fairly close.....but some of the packaging lately has been kinda funky........I believe Midway is suffering from the same difficulties as many businesses these days......good help is hard to find".....
Thanks for reminding me of the world we live in.

I'm fussing about one bad shipment. I'm forgetting ALL the great service and shipments I've gotten from Midway. A good company!

We will ALL be glad when Covid and Biden are past us.

I've bought many bullets from Midway and they were ALWAYS in a secondary package, never loose in a single box; surprising!

I have had the same problem with Midway. They just throw all of the items in a box carelessly without proper packaging. I have dies all over the place outside of the plastic boxes. This has happened more than once.
Now........since dies are contained in their plastic storage box.......with a celephane (?) wrap.........THIS is saying something. Think THIS one goes to UPS, not to Midway........

Can you imagine the future???

1) Workers not going to work, living on the dole, so shippers MORE shorthanded and harried.......

2) Material costs for packaging, AND gas prices escalating under the Jerk Biden, so MORE corners to be cut..........

3) With Covid and "cultural laziness" MORE AND MORE people than ever shopping online, so immense increases in shipping.......

4) DITTO, DITTO, DITTO..............................

I know a guy that works for UPS. been there 8 years and he makes 35 bucks a hour with 15 hours of overtime a week. So I don't really give a shit about how heavy the packages are. Do your fucking job and deliver my package without crushing it flat, then punting it to my front door from the road

I bought a box of 500 .264 bullets, in factory sealed box, from a member here...who I won't name as he's a nice guy and perhaps packing boxes is not his forte...and he shipped them via USPS. He packed some brown paper in the USPS flat rate box but it really is insufficient. If shipping anything at all heavy/dense, internal packing needs to be strong and a take up all available space. If the inner box is allowed to ricochet around in there, failure is inevitable.

In this case, I have the bullets in hand so all is well, but it was a close call.

1621031955927.png