• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new OBR!!!!

Re: My new OBR!!!!

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">President</span> Governor Rick Perry at the LaRue range, probably shooting Mikee Booshay's test target.
137115077.jpg

From Tonight's Top Gun show, the OBR gets props at 0:48.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTs7JFm7GTQ&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTs7JFm7GTQ&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

It sure beats those politicians who claim they are shooters just because they held a shotgun once when they were 13.

And that test target might be quite a collector's item if Perry throws his hat in the ring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: line-through">President</span> Governor Rick Perry at the LaRue range, probably shooting Mikee Booshay's test target. </div></div>

President Perry sounds really good to me!!

Well the first time I took mine out to shoot it a buddy of mine had his surefire suppressor. When we put that thing on I thought I was shooting sub sonics out of it for a second, whatever they did to that gas system is awesome! My buddys rifle is a Noveske 16" 308 without the switchblock, but it makes me wonder if the switchblock would give the same effect? LaRue did an awesome job on this rifle, and mine shoots just as well as TBurkes and the others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: line-through">President</span> Governor Rick Perry at the LaRue range, probably shooting Mikee Booshay's test target.
137115077.jpg

From Tonight's Top Gun show, the OBR gets props at 0:48.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTs7JFm7GTQ&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTs7JFm7GTQ&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>
I don't think I have to say I am not at all a LaRue fan by any means but that is pretty neat to see Perry shooting at their range. The OBR is a nice weapon system from what I have seen and holding the rifle and shooting a magazine down range wasn't bad. Shot some tight groups.
Last night it was painful to watch the people shoot on top shot and a few didn't even make sure the gun was loaded before picking targets. Great publicity for LaRue thats for sure.

I got the notice today that my 20" OBR is on its way. WOOT!! Only about 2 weeks late (8 weeks overall since the order was placed).

To make it even sweeter, yesterday I got the call that my GAP Crusader is also on its way. Double Woot!

It may take a year for my bank book to recover and I'll have to put off the new pickup, but I finally got a couple of the kind of guns I'd been wanting for years. I'll have to poor-boy the scopes for a while, but what I have on hand will be fine for load development.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the notice today that my 20" OBR is on its way. WOOT!! Only about 2 weeks late (8 weeks overall since the order was placed).

To make it even sweeter, yesterday I got the call that my GAP Crusader is also on its way. Double Woot!

It may take a year for my bank book to recover and I'll have to put off the new pickup, but I finally got a couple of the kind of guns I'd been wanting for years. I'll have to poor-boy the scopes for a while, but what I have on hand will be fine for load development. </div></div>

I hate you!!!!!
grin.gif

Just got my HDMR for my 18" OBR today. I hope mine shoots as well as those referenced here.

Hit the range today and she's proving to be a consistant shooter.

Cold bore shot followed up by a 3-shot group. I know it looks like a 2 shot group, but trust me it's three.

CBS-3shot.jpg

I cleaned her up and shot a CCB and then I fired two fouling shots. Now she will be ready for a CBS the next time I take her out.

CCB-2foulshots.jpg

Thats a very nice rig . I just registered and read this post with intrest as I will be buying an 18 inch OBR in the very near future . The decision has been made ,but I was wondering is there a way to get the OBR at a snipers hide member price ? Also what $1000.00 scope would be best ? I want a Nightforce ,but presant finances prohibit it . Sorry if I jacked the post .

LaRue isn't known for working well with other dealers so I doubt there would be any kind of price break. As long as people are standing in line to pay list price, I can't see him making special deals.

On the scope, check out the Optics section here. I've never tried one, but the Vortex scopes are drawing a lot of attention lately for offering the most options for the buck.

lol Ok....there is NO SNIPERHIDES MEMBER PRICE!.

Its a joke as late last year there was war between the Hide and Larue.

We are currently at peace time....please don't disturb that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LaRue isn't known for working well with other dealers so I doubt there would be any kind of price break. As long as people are standing in line to pay list price, I can't see him making special deals.

On the scope, check out the Optics section here. I've never tried one, but the Vortex scopes are drawing a lot of attention lately for offering the most options for the buck.

</div></div>

Mark does, however, take good care of the Texas Rangers and its SWAT division. I worked an operation with them recently, and their OBRs are just outstanding quality. I drooled over their OBRs for an entire week. The Rangers hinted that Mark provides them with a generous discount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LaRue isn't known for working well with other dealers so I doubt there would be any kind of price break. As long as people are standing in line to pay list price, I can't see him making special deals.

</div></div>

Mark does, however, take good care of the Texas Rangers and its SWAT division. I worked an operation with them recently, and their OBRs are just outstanding quality. I drooled over their OBRs for an entire week. The Rangers hinted that Mark provides them with a generous discount. </div></div>

Yes, there is a discount for LE and the military.

I didn't want to assume but if your rifle is new, it should have the latest revision BCG and the EXTRAXN chamber mod. In any event, that is one dirty rifle.
grin.gif

Mine was from early 2010. Mark was nice enough to build me an AWB compliant model for CT. The pics are from the day I got it. It's had 4250 rounds of 168 and 175 FGMM through it. My test target was in the .3s. Not Rick Perry signed though.
laugh.gif

Enjoy your rifles everyone. They are pretty special.

LTOSR001.jpg

LTOSR003.jpg

LTOSR005.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: conndcj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't want to assume but if your rifle is new, it should have the latest revision BCG and the EXTRAXN chamber mod. In any event, that is one dirty rifle.
grin.gif

Mine was from early 2010. Mark was nice enough to build me an AWB compliant model for CT. The pics are from the day I got it. It's had 4250 rounds of 168 and 175 FGMM through it. My test target was in the .3s. Not Rick Perry signed though.
laugh.gif

Enjoy your rifles everyone. They are pretty special.

LTOSR001.jpg

LTOSR003.jpg

LTOSR005.jpg

</div></div>

Steroids anyone?
smile.gif