My new Rock River LAR-8

TeufelHund

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
Not exactly the nicest rifle I have seen around here but I just got it this week and wanted to share.

It is sitting with its little brother another Midlength AR I just put an Eotech on.

RRA LAR-8 16" mid length. It has a Nikon Monarch 2-8X32 on it.
I do not think I will ever get a chance to shoot it beyond 200m so this should be a decent setup for me.

Eventually it will get a DD Lite Quad Rail if they ever come off backorder from Daniels or Rock River. I am not holding my breath either way.

I am in negotiations with my wife to convince her that I need a 7.62mm can for it!
wink.gif

IMG_0903.jpg

jv101

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2009
Medina,Ohio
Re: My new Rock River LAR-8

Looks good!!!

The LAR-8 Varmint A4 looks very nice also! maybe i can convice my father to get that haha!

TeufelHund

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO

I have only seen pictures of the Varmint version. I am told this rifle was part of an order my dealer placed 2 years ago!

I also do not think RRA is even producing the Varmint or Standard version yet due to the demand for 5.56 variants.

TeufelHund

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO

It does use FAL mags. I have 13 of them including the one that came with it. Of those half will freely insert and drop free of the mag well. I will work on those later.

Suposedly RRA will someday make 20, 25, 30 round mags for it but I am not holding my breath. That dyke Pelosi and jagoff president will most likely ban this type of stuff long before then.

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA

You should show pics of the Ambi bolt release and Ambi mag release. They're pretty slick.

TeufelHund

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks. It was pure dumb luck find. Had I walked in 5 minutes later I would have missed it.

The skinny tapered handguard looks odd to me so I will either switch to a fat one in the short term and eventually to a free float quad rail.

TeufelHund

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO

I changed some things on it. These things are never really done.
I put the OEM grip back on. It actually feels better than the MIAD for some reason and looks better to me. I added some FATTY handgaurds. I also like the way they look and feel better than the OEM skinny ones. These will have to suffice until I order a Troy or DD rail for it.
IMG_1081.jpg

A view of the ambi mag release and FAL type bolt release
IMG_1084.jpg

My lab was less than impressed with the changes. She was to busy relaxing after her nap to be bothered. I wish I had her life.
IMG_1078.jpg

DustyJacket

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2009
KCMO
www.dustyjacket.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeufelHund</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.......
I also do not think RRA is even producing the Varmint or Standard version yet due to the demand for 5.56 variants. </div></div>

There is one on the wall at my dealer's. Original person who ordered it (no down payment) is AWOL.
Backup #1 has been called twice but not returned a call.

I am backup #2.
smile.gif

EDIT 5/2/2009:

'tis mine:
rra_lar8.jpg