• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My new Savage 110FCP-K 300 WinMag.. PICTURES

Hippslsvtec18

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2009
Well I just finished putting together my savage project.. Im new to this site but i've also about 2 years ago starting shooting, heres the specs and some pictures from a recent outting with me and a couple buddies, let me know what you think!!
This set up was shooting 1/2" moa at 100 yrds pretty much putting rounds through previous rounds.. still havnt gotten it out to long range yet, but I cant wait and I'll keep you updated

Savage 110 FCP-K
accu-stock
accu-trigger
24" heavy barrel/flutted/muzzlebreak
Bushnell elite 4200 6x24x40 Mil-dot (with sun shade)
Burris tactical 1" rings/picatinny mount rings
Warne tactical 20moa picatinny base
Rock Mount bipod
shooting hornaday ammunition

[img:left]
4607.jpg
[/img]
4609.jpg

4606.jpg

4608.jpg

4610.jpg

Re: My new Savage 110FCP-K 300 WinMag.. PICTURES

Pretty good looking rifle. Hopefully it will shoot very well for you. But the 300 win mag ammo gets a little costly unless you reload.

Savages are just shooters out of the box, at least everyone that I have encountered. Glad to see you got that muzzle brake on yours. A 300WM in that light of a set up could deliver some punishing recoil after a while if you don't have something to calm it down.

Nice view in the background there.

Very nice!I have its middle brother, the .308. I love it so much I ordered the little brother .223. My .308 is easily a sub-MOA shooter. I have a couple three round groups that are 1/2 MOA, actually about .460", also with Hornady match ammo. These are A LOT of gun for the money! I am mostly just a paper and steel killer so I really don't need the 300winmag, but I also don't really need beer but I drink it anyway
wink.gif

Question. The factory Savage Muzzle Brake used to be capable of being twisted to turn it on and off. Does the 10 FCP-K have this capability?

Greg

Just out of curiosity the white house right above the blue ammo box. DO you know what the yardage is on that. I honestly can't say that I know what 1000 yards looks like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question. The factory Savage Muzzle Brake used to be capable of being twisted to turn it on and off. Does the 10 FCP-K have this capability?

Greg </div></div>

That is a negative. It's an always on configuration unless you unscrew it and take it off.

I think some Browning bolt guns have that on/off brake installed still.
smile.gif

Nice rifle. I just bought one but dont have glass on it yet.
2011-06-03095031.jpg

2011-05-31224948.jpg

I have the Long Range Hunter in 300 WinMag. It is a SHOOTER for real. I have shot 713ish (per Leica LRF) and hit 6" plates 100% of the time. Mine happens to like 180 Hornady SST on H-1000 powder just shy of the lands. (sorry, not going to give specifics on my load, but they cruise around 2970 fps in 50* weather)

Enjoy, and reload. Find a few articles by JRob (He is pretty much THE guy on reloading 300 WinMag).

If you are pounding paper, stick with lighter (180 gr) bullets for a little less punishment. If you are pounding fur (lol!), pick up 208 A-Max.