• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Son's Beanland .223 Done!!

Cigarcop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2009
Pottstown, Pa
Beanland Built .223 throated for the 75 A-Max, Trued up remmy, SB Release, Rock 8 Twist SS 5R, finished at 20", Pinned Lug, Badger DBM, Straight Bolt Handle, McMillan A-2

Kids spoiled but I love him... what can I say!!

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Re: My Son's Beanland .223 Done!!

Very Nice Rifle.

Are you still looking to adopt?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4ester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you still looking to adopt?
grin.gif
</div></div>

You're too late, I've already got my paperwork for adoption in for approval, his wife just wants to make sure I'm house broken before signing off!
smile.gif

Looks good my friend, I'll have to keep my kid from seeing this, he doesn't need any ideas.

Very nice, I would be interested in a full range report. I am very curious on the velocity.

Keith, smart move giving him a .223 and a sweet one at that.

but what if he out shoots us at 600 yds. with it?

Ron

Damn, nice rifle for anyone!

I can't wait until my son is old enough that I can use him as a scapegoaat for my gun buying addiction. "But, honey, its for him! Doesn't he deserve it? He did get an B in Gym this semester!"

I like the look of the 20 inch barrel on with that stock.

That thing turned out awesome! Gives me some great ideas too!

What is the OAL of the 75 AMAX to the lands? Mines throated for 2.485 to the lands. Just curious how yours was chambered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the OAL of the 75 AMAX to the lands? Mines throated for 2.485 to the lands. Just curious how yours was chambered. </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words boys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You're too late, I've already got my paperwork for adoption in for approval, his wife just wants to make sure I'm house broken before signing off!
smile.gif

Looks good my friend, I'll have to keep my kid from seeing this, he doesn't need any ideas. </div></div>

Jason you are next in line, HOWEVER...no indoor plumbing around these parts, so look beyond the rifle, its a long walk in the middle of the night!!

Wow. You are an awesome Dad.

I feel shitty for buying my 6 year old a Buckmark, a CZ Scout .22 topped off with Leupold's Rimfire EFR, and a CZ Ultra Lux. And to add to this, I'm selling my .243 once I receive it from GAP.

That is a very awesome rifle. I wish my parents would get me a rifle period..

But congrats on the new rifle.

Wow, that's an extremely sharp looking rig!
cool.gif

I have my first custom (7mm-08 light weight hunting rig) being built by Beanland over the next several months as parts trickle in to him. I can't wait to see his work....so far I've heard nothing but great.

Very nice set up! I'm thinking of building a very similar set up to myself!

In the middle of piecing together a similar build, I think I will be using the 80gr JLK though. Looks great, love the 20" to 22" .223 builds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the OAL of the 75 AMAX to the lands? Mines throated for 2.485 to the lands. Just curious how yours was chambered.</div></div> I am getting a 223 built by Small Action Cutoms at the moment and plan on running AMAX's. How much bullet is still left in the casing at 2.5 COAL? I run my AR's at 2.260 so 2.5 is out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the OAL of the 75 AMAX to the lands? Mines throated for 2.485 to the lands. Just curious how yours was chambered.</div></div> I am getting a 223 built by Small Action Cutoms at the moment and plan on running AMAX's. How much bullet is still left in the casing at 2.5 COAL? I run my AR's at 2.260 so 2.5 is out there. </div></div> 2.500 is base to ogive at the lands, plenty of bullet left in the neck....AR completely different story.

Very nice and should get many years of use out of it. My son is almost a year old and im looking forward to the day he gets to drop the hammer!!!

Thats a heck of a nice looking rig - congrats to your son!!
Jon sure builds nice rifles - he has my 7mm-08 right now which should be done in about 2 weeks - can't wait!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xmark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My son turns 3 in a couple weeks. Hmmm.... </div></div>

He started when he was 5 with a little Rossi .22,.... not this for his first!!!

I wish my dad loved me.....
frown.gif

HAHAH, just kiddin, I have awesome parents. They are letting my buy the 308 that I've been wanting for over year, so I'm a happy camper.
laugh.gif

You have got to stop posting all these sweet rifles Jon is building for you. If everybody knows, he won't have time to build my rifles anymore!

Thats a sweet looking rig. Congrats to your son. I'd ask for a range report, but I already know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the OAL of the 75 AMAX to the lands? Mines throated for 2.485 to the lands. Just curious how yours was chambered.</div></div> I am getting a 223 built by Small Action Cutoms at the moment and plan on running AMAX's. How much bullet is still left in the casing at 2.5 COAL? I run my AR's at 2.260 so 2.5 is out there. </div></div> 2.500 is base to ogive at the lands, plenty of bullet left in the neck....AR completely different story.</div></div> thanks - this is the first time I am reloading a 223 bolt rifle so this helps.