• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision N-Vision HALO-XRF

jda2631

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
Mississippi
I know these were just announced, but have any made their way to reviewers hands yet? I am very curious about these. I haven't seen the rangefinder discussed much anywhere, but I am going to assume there is no ballistic correction? Just straight up LRF? Any idea if there will be a remote/fob that can be mounted to handguard to trigger LRF, I would assume there is?

Reactions: stefan73
Funny, I'm interested in the remote fob too, even if cabled.

No data is out on the XRF other than what N-Vision has on their site. Does not appear to have ballistic calculator; LRF only.

This unit will be ideal for people looking to power all devices in one packaged deal with two 18650 batteries. It enables you to keep as few accessories on your rifle as possible, pulling the weight back towards the rear of the gun thus helping with balance. The XRF downside is weight, but considering the features, that's not a stiff penalty.

No remote controller for Halo-XRF and no ballistic calculator. Just a straight-up LRF. We may think about the ballistic calculator later but it's not in the immediate development plans. The good news is that the software is now user-upgradable :)

No remote controller for Halo-XRF and no ballistic calculator. Just a straight-up LRF. We may think about the ballistic calculator later but it's not in the immediate development plans. The good news is that the software is now user-upgradable :)
Does that mean at a later date you could upgrade the scope with a ballistic calculator?

No remote so you have to trigger the LRF by pushing a button on the scope?

I think its a great idea and it not like while hunting at night that you’ll be taking many shots past 300 yards, so the only dope you might have issues with are subsonics. That being said i would love to run subs at night, have a ballistic calc right in the scope would be amazing if it was easily accessible.

i still would buy one of these had i not recently bought a LR and bout to buy a nox. I feel the nox will allow me to judge distance better, as i am shooting a flat shooting .223 load, although i missed a coyote the other night cause i mis judged his size and distance(i suck). Least i dropped his buddy!

Correct. It's a button that is closest to the eyepiece. If you run the LRF in the continuous scanning mode it should not be too much of a burden.

So there is a mode to just leave the LRF in continuous scan mode the entire time the optic is on, and it will just display the current distance in the display?? That is awesome! How bad does that effect battery life?

Also, if that is the case..... take my money!!

So there is a mode to just leave the LRF in continuous scan mode the entire time the optic is on, and it will just display the current distance in the display?? That is awesome! How bad does that effect battery life?

Also, if that is the case..... take my money!!
You are correct. You can have a continuous scan on for a while. The LRF does draw a bit of power, but it is not terrible. Turn it off when you don't need it, and you will hardly notice it. Or have a spare set of batteries, and you'll certainly make it through the night with all bells and whistles going on nonstop.

Correct. It's a button that is closest to the eyepiece. If you run the LRF in the continuous scanning mode it should not be too much of a burden.
Continuous scanning is almost/maybe better than a remote trigger. Sounds like an awesome optic.

I would like to see one with a 5x base magnification. To enable better/safer long-range I.D.s

Reactions: COTTON_00
I would like to see one with a 5x base magnification. To enable better/safer long-range I.D.s
I agree I have a reap 60 and like the 4.5 native zoom a 5 or 5.5 with the mil based ret the halo has coupled with the lrf would be tits. Field of view would narrow but sure would make those 600 yard shots easier I cant wait for mine to show up in march

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike3913
Does the screen display where the rangefinder is pinging if you’ve rezeroed the reticle for your weapon, or does it somehow maintain alignment with the shifting zero?

Reactions: calib
Does the screen display where the rangefinder is pinging if you’ve rezeroed the reticle for your weapon, or does it somehow maintain alignment with the shifting zero?
There is a separate LRF reticle (box) that is showing where the LRF is pinging. It is not locked to the aiming reticle.

Hi ILya, I remember our conversation at the Shot Show last year very well. Still thinking about it. The platform to do some cool things is ready. Bandwidth is a problem at the moment :)

Hi ILya, I remember our conversation at the Shot Show last year very well. Still thinking about it. The platform to do some cool things is ready. Bandwidth is a problem at the moment :)

We should revisit this a little closer to the summer. I have a trip planned to your neck of the woods, so I'll come visit.

ILya

It may take quite a bit of bugging. I kind of think skinned :). But I'll think about it. No promises one way or another.
A more outside the box idea than ballistics integration.... but allowing a user configurable reticle option...

If it's possible to load different reticle configs from an app for example

The ability to set up our own drops based on our preferred magnification level and reticle preferences might make it a win for lots of folks and be simpler than a true on board ballistics solver

Then we could load the reticle that matches our situation / circumstances for the night and carry on as normal

Last edited:
Does anyone know the release date of the Halo XRF's. I have one on preorder and I'm getting antsy!

Had the non lrf model on order since late January...n-visions Instagram isn’t helping

Attachments

• 5F02A823-3889-46CB-8FFC-162CB5DE922F.png
    5F02A823-3889-46CB-8FFC-162CB5DE922F.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 154