• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Nascar Driver Tony Stewart ran over and killed 20-year-old sprint car

jake6547

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2011
MD
So im curious to see what you guys think the outcome from this will be. My opinion is Tony is done, you can clearly hear his car throttle up right before he hit the kid while under caution. Was his intentions to actually hit Kevin, I doubt it. But knowing his past and temper issues, im guessing he meant to kick the car sideways and throw some dirt up on Him or just shoot past him. I keep hearing that it was the kids fault for getting out or the car, yes is was dumb to get out But thats a page right out of Tony's books himself. I think he could have easily avoided Kevin by maybe hitting the brakes not the gas?? Im sure other videos will surface that will add some clarity to the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwHtuWmn2s

So im curious to see what you guys think the outcome from this will be. My opinion is Tony is done, you can clearly hear his car throttle up right before he hit the kid while under caution. Was his intentions to actually hit Kevin, I doubt it. But knowing his past and temper issues, im guessing he meant to kick the car sideways and throw some dirt up on Him or just shoot past him. I keep hearing that it was the kids fault for getting out or the car, yes is was dumb to get out But thats a page right out of Tony's books himself. I think he could have easily avoided Kevin by maybe hitting the brakes not the gas?? Im sure other videos will surface that will add some clarity to the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwHtuWmn2s

There is a video on whotube comparing the trajectories of Tony's car and the previous car that missed Kevin. Tony was clearly heading "up", towards the wreck even before his rear broke out. That track in itself would require a convincing explanation during a yellow flag lap. If anyone knew what the yellow was for, it was Tony and if there is a known obstacle on the track, you are not going to head for it - unless you are looking for trouble.

On top of this, his car suddenly over steered, which sealed the fate of Ward who clearly tried to evade at the last second. Nobody is going to accept from a driver with that much experience the excuse that BOTH excursions and subsequent contacts (one that spun Ward's car out, the other that killed Ward) were accidental.

Unless there are some other videos that can evidence that he avoided the collision or could not possibly see Ward I would assume that his goose is cooked. Even if he emerges unscathed from the investigation of the DA, his previous demeanor and actions will be devastating in a civil court. "If Ward had stayed in the car..." is not going to cut it for Tony Shortfuse.

The take home lesson for anyone should be that ROAD RAGE KILLS. Whether you are a pedestrian, biker, or driver, do not target anyone or anything just because your ego just got bruised. Be a man, let it go, and get home safely. There are enough accidental accidents.

Last edited:
There is a video on whotube comparing the trajectories of Tony's car and the previous car that missed Kevin. Tony was clearly heading "up", towards the wreck even before his rear broke out. That track in itself would require a convincing explanation during a yellow flag lap. If anyone knew what the yellow was for, it was Tony and if there is a know obstacle on the track, you are not going to head for it - unless you are looking for trouble.

On top of this, his car suddenly over steered, which sealed the fate of Ward who clearly tried to evade at the last second. Nobody is going to accept from a driver with that much experience the excuse that BOTH excursions and subsequent contacts (one that spun Ward's car out, the other that killed Ward) were accidental.

Unless there are some other videos that can evidence that he avoided the collision or could not possibly see Ward I would assume that his goose is cooked. Even if he emerges unscathed from the investigation of the DA, his previous demeanor and actions will be devastating in a civil court. "If Ward had stayed in the car..." is not going to cut it for Tony Shortfuse.

The take home lesson for anyone should be that ROAD RAGE KILLS.

I'm gonna guess you race sprint cars? No? Then you probably shouldn't comment on them.

I'm gonna guess you race sprint cars? No? Then you probably shouldn't comment on them.

If you disagree with my take, could you please at least attempt using logic reasoning to arrive at a different conclusion instead of questioning my right to an opinion.

As I mentioned in my post, my take is based on scant facts and certain assumptions and I am more than willing to reconsider my position in light of other evidence.

Which statement do you disagree with and why?

If you disagree with my take, could you please at least attempt using logic reasoning to arrive at a different conclusion instead of questioning my right to an opinion.

As I mentioned in my post, my take is based on scant facts and certain assumptions and I am more than willing to reconsider my position in light of other evidence.

Which statement do you disagree with and why?

Well the moment I read fish tailed I knew you were speaking out of your ass.

There is a video on whotube comparing the trajectories of Tony's car and the previous car that missed Kevin. Tony was clearly heading "up", towards the wreck even before his rear broke out. That track in itself would require a convincing explanation during a yellow flag lap. If anyone knew what the yellow was for, it was Tony and if there is a known obstacle on the track, you are not going to head for it - unless you are looking for trouble.

The take home lesson for anyone should be that ROAD RAGE KILLS. Whether you are a pedestrian, biker, or driver, do not target anyone or anything just because your ego just got bruised. Be a man, let it go, and get home safely. There are enough accidental accidents.

I realize that the notion behind "Nobody is going to accept from a driver with that much experience the excuse that BOTH excursions and subsequent contacts (one that spun Ward's car out, the other that killed Ward) were accidental." should have been better expressed with "I would not be surprised if only few will accept from a driver with that much experience..."

I was speculating about people's opinion and one thing is certain - these opinions will differ. Sorry for using absolutes.

Where exactly did I use the term "fish tailed"? And even if I had used a term that might be improper in your opinion, maybe it was done with the explicit intent to stay in laymen terms for the benefit of the entire audience.

You are displaying exactly the same attitude against opponents that led to the unfortunate accident. Unless you calm down and show some respect for other people, this race is over for me. The tenor of the next lap is on you.

KW made poor choice.
In the bear pit thread your use of "The idiot" in referring to him is disturbing.
Frankly, it is a childish dehumanization of KW and a something that people with sociopath tendencies do.

Where exactly did I use the term "fish tailed"? And even if I had used a term that might be improper in your opinion, maybe it was done with the explicit intent to stay in laymen terms for the benefit of the entire audience.

You are displaying exactly the same attitude against opponents that led to the unfortunate accident. Unless you calm down and show some respect for other people, this race is over for me. The tenor of the next lap is on you.

? I'm pretty calm right now, and when I posted that as well.

My attitude towards this whole thing is that this idiot is the worst frogger player on the planet.

He almost got hit once before and he still closes down on the track.

Now, could Stewart have tried to do something equally as idiotic as revving the engine? Probably that guy has a temper, I don't think he did though.

Just watching the video again, kid almost gets hit at :30 seconds and :33 seconds he was almost hit by #45 the car also would have blocked him from Tony's view for a fraction of an instance, by the time the camera pans back to the idiot we see him trying to move and Tony is already trying to turn away from him.

Tony wasn't the highest car on the track on the caution.

Given the small amount of time he had to react to the guy stepping in front of his vehicle after he was almost hit for the second time, it's more probable that either tony hit the throttle to try and miss him, or hut the wrong pedal while trying to slow down.

In the end the lesson is, don't be an idiot, don't leave your race car, and certainly don't step in front of a car. You will die.

Driver should have stayed in the car. Nothing will come of the incident other than stricter rules about getting out of a wrecked car.

Has anybody seen any videos from a different perspective?

KW made poor choice.
In the bear pit thread your use of "The idiot" in referring to him is disturbing.
Frankly, it is a childish dehumanization of KW and a something that people with sociopath tendencies do.

Possibly, though it probably has more to do with my low tolerance towards idiots, due to various circumstances and tragedies I've been through in my life due to idiots.

I must express my own idiocy here as you did not say fish tailed.

I just realized there was the same thread started in the bear pit, sorry for the double thread fellas.

roll cage and safety gear doesn't work out of the car.
RIP KW, sorry you are going through all that TS.
cheers.

I think there needs to be criminal charges. Not because Tony needs to go to jail, because he needs to be exonerated. This cloud will hang over his head forever, unless some sophisticated forensics is applied to determine EXACTLY what killed Ward. If Tony orders this forensics done, his involvement will be seen as tainting the results, and people will think he's picking on a poor dead boy.

So the only way this gets done right is if he's charged and people who don't give a hoot in a holler about NASCAR scrutinize the evidence.

Because I think this lady's got a point:

TONY STEWART NEVER HIT KEVIN WARD Jr

Not because of the "ghosty" images, but because of the way the car behaves at the same instant that Ward vanishes from view. The car veers right, just for a few frames, just like you'd expect it to if you suddenly dropped 150#s of ballast onto the right side of the chassis. Then Tony catches it and gets it pointed back to the left, but not before Ward is swept off the car by something, probably his own right rear wheel.

I'm not a Stewart fan and I'm not a NASCAR fan. I think Ward was killed by two successive very foolish decisions, (both his own), but not by Stewart's car running over him. And I think it's an injustice to make him live with this pall hanging over him, when no one is talking about what really happened.

I think there needs to be criminal charges. Not because Tony needs to go to jail, because he needs to be exonerated. This cloud will hang over his head forever, unless some sophisticated forensics is applied to determine EXACTLY what killed Ward. If Tony orders this forensics done, his involvement will be seen as tainting the results, and people will think he's picking on a poor dead boy.

So the only way this gets done right is if he's charged and people who don't give a hoot in a holler about NASCAR scrutinize the evidence.

Because I think this lady's got a point:

TONY STEWART NEVER HIT KEVIN WARD Jr

Not because of the "ghosty" images, but because of the way the car behaves at the same instant that Ward vanishes from view. The car veers right, just for a few frames, just like you'd expect it to if you suddenly dropped 150#s of ballast onto the right side of the chassis. Then Tony catches it and gets it pointed back to the left, but not before Ward is swept off the car by something, probably his own right rear wheel.

I'm not a Stewart fan and I'm not a NASCAR fan. I think Ward was killed by two successive very foolish decisions, (both his own), but not by Stewart's car running over him. And I think it's an injustice to make him live with this pall hanging over him, when no one is talking about what really happened.

Exoneration through a successful defense against a criminal charge would not preclude a successful claim by the Ward family for wrongful death of their son.The standards of proof are less in a civil action and a portion of fault can be made against Tony. For which millions could be made payable.The Brown & Goldman's family's successful action against OJ Simpson is a good example.

Never assume that a trail, a jury, a judge, determines what really happened.Think of the courts as a Kabuki theater where actors present stories and its up to the audience to interpret the dramatization of fact.

Ideally Tony and the Ward family could just move on and learn from the unfortunate circumstances of this accident.

The US has absolutely moronic civil liability laws. Nothing on earth would deprive the Ward family of their "right" to file civil suit, so claiming the criminal suit couldn't prevent it is a bit of a "straw man."

But evidence admitted into record in a criminal prosecution -- and to criminal court standards -- proving that Ward jumping onto Stewart's car (and I'm not saying it definitely would, I'm just speculating) was the proximate cause of Ward's death would jerk the rug out from under any claims of "shared responsibility" and put the oneness entirely on the late Mr Ward.

The lax standards of civil court wouldn't (or shouldn't) matter because Stewart's attorney would file for a summary dismissal. He'd show the judge the evidence from the civil case, proving that Ward showing his ass was what caused Stewart to run him into his own car (and again, I'm presuming). The only reason a judge wouldn't dismiss it is if he were from the Ward's home district and was running for re-election.

The US has absolutely moronic civil liability laws. .

Agree. Its too Bad Tony didn't make the chase but having two teams in is certainly a successful season for the organization.

Perhaps Tony can get the feel on these cars by the end of the season. Harvick certainly does.