• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NC/SC shooters: Clinton House, The Saw Mill and Silas Branch

atepointer

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    Was not able to get dad out to the ELR range here b/f heading back to SC for the summer......so might drive up and see about getting him some pew pew steel time next month. Have done quite a bit of googling and this is all I've come up with for the kind of drive he wants to do.....but am sure I'm missing other places. He's around the Gville area and if any of you guys shoot here I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Looks like Sawmill is private and I get that I really do I'm at a private range and absolutely love it......thanks for any guidance on places to shoot 1k or more.

Really liking what I see at Silas Branch too.

Last edited:
    Reactions: acudaowner
    yea it hard to deny that being at a private range is exponentially nicer than the chaos that can be found on a public ranges , do you have any pics of either place when you went ?

yea it hard to deny that being at a private range is exponentially nicer than the chaos that can be found on a public ranges , do you have any pics of either place when you went ?
    You mean the private range where I shoot? It's called JTAC Ranch in FL and I shoot there every week......sorry no pics but you can find them on the googles search can't recall the website, but thinking it's just jtacranch.com?

**I've not been to either of the places in the title, but read about them on google searches. Hoping someone here might have some info....sent emails to the sawmill and clinton, but not yet heard back.

Last edited:
    Reactions: acudaowner
    Current JTAC shooter, likely going to land in the Columbia, SC area. What are my options for 600-1,000 locally? I saw Palmetto as well.

Looks like a couple of hours drive will get me to PRS matches

if memory serves the saw mill looked to be about an hour southeast of Greenville so probably not too far for ya

Good to hear that JTAC is up and running.

I was in contact with the guy who was running the place (not the owner) about going to work for them after I retired but they weren't open yet.

Ended up moving to Houston instead, but it looked like JTAC was going to be a good facility.

Good to hear that JTAC is up and running.

I was in contact with the guy who was running the place (not the owner) about going to work for them after I retired but they weren't open yet.

Ended up moving to Houston instead, but it looked like JTAC was going to be a good facility.
    We love it and while no place is ever going to make everyone happy.....they are progressing. They are slowly building out the complex....just added nice new fresh hanging target racks with various sized gongs at 800, 1k and 1200. Re-sanded all the berms and moved the mile and 2k steel to better heights. So, when it's wet and no mowing can get done the targets can still be clearly seen even when cattle pasture grows up. Coming up on 18 months since opening.....have not bee in 2 weeks, but Friday it's on!

if memory serves the saw mill looked to be about an hour southeast of Greenville so probably not too far for ya

That is correct on the location it is in Laurens. I shot there a few times when it was SCOTG and liked it a lot Have not been back since the change to "The saw mill" I mean can you even join? to even shoot there?

ETA : looks like they have a few open range days listed on the websight

Last edited:
    If you can make colemans creek that is going to be your best option since you mentioned elr. None of the other ranges mentioned are what I would call elr ranges.

Clinton has one piece of steel at a mile on designated mile days that you need to sign up for. If you are just looking for steel to 1000 then Clinton is a good option with lots of steel to that distance.

Colemans Creek has ukd steel out to a mile.

Reactions: Rog2069
    Looks like Sawmill is private and I get that I really do I'm at a private range and absolutely love it......thanks for any guidance on places to shoot 1k or more.
    The Sawmill is private but they have had public range days for about the last 6 months, posted on their website. Rifle range $100/day (not full day, some period of hours), no reservations.

OP if you are looking for PRS style matches, look at Jarrett Rifles Swamp Shootout may 7th.

Also the Clinton house in Clinton SC has 1k if you are a member, but if you are not the limit you to 300yd range. Along with the sawmill, that’s about it close to Greenville. I live just south of you near Anderson.

You are within a few hours of Frontline Defense, Pigg River, Coleman’s Creek, Cool Acres Sporting Camp, and Deplorable Rifleman’s Club but not a lot of ELR around this part of the country.

I had a great experience at Silas Branch this past Friday (Good Friday). Folks are friendly and efficient. Range is otherworldly. Just go there. 1,000 yards max but over a valley so very nice.

Last edited: