• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Near dog attack on my daughter

Re: Near dog attack on my daughter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangerouspower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed. You can also talk to neighbors to learn if they are having the same issues with these dogs. You may be able to build a case with their help. I am sure that they would want the problem resolved as well. </div></div>

Neighbors have same problems. One scared my neighbor into her house soon after animal control left. I'm going to talk to them about calling in so they have multiple reports on file. I've started taking photos whenever I see the dogs off their property -- which is daily.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I perceive a threat", as it was termed to me, my patience is over.

I had a situation of the same sort.

My wife and at the time 2 year old, where heading to the store. Well the dog my next door neighbor had was tied to a 1"x1" deck railing.

Well the dog decided to come on over a high rate of speed. Lucky me my wife got in the Jeep with the kid and called me on her cell phone.

When I got home, I have my family locked up in the back of a Jeep and this dog sitting on "his" porch.

so I locked up the Ar-15, called the dog over and shot it 7 times.

It was DOA on shot 2, but what the hell.

Cops came over, and all that. With the porch jacked up, my wife not to happy, kid still crying, and all that. The situation worked out for me.

The guy that owned that dog is locked up now for beating on his wife in the same house.

fun, fun.

John

good times boyette...

i had my wife calling me franticaly on the cell phone saying she was locked in her car in the driveway surrounded by two dogs that wont let her out..first in my head i was like.. start the car and drive away woman,, but my grunt side got the better of me.. so i grabbed the shotty and headed out.. as i exit the house being prepared for a pack of mangy mutts dead set on eating my wife,,, i was greeted by two very playfull, well groomed, happy dogs.. they were about 70 -80 lb range, but just the friendleist pups.. so they come up to me immediatly rolling to theirs sides in front of me being completly submissive, i see they have more tags on their collars than a rap star has necklaces.. i tell my wife to come out of the car..and i look down the street and see a truck driving slowly with a woman looking franticly side to side.. so i step out in the road, shotgun still in hand... (love texas) and wave her down.. she couldnt apoligise enough and i finaly had to kick her out to get her to leave..
sorry had to throw a positive encounter in there.. although had one of those suckers showed some teeth or tried to stand some ground they would have been eating some slugs...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a situation of the same sort.

My wife and at the time 2 year old, where heading to the store. Well the dog my next door neighbor had was tied to a 1"x1" deck railing.

Well the dog decided to come on over a high rate of speed. Lucky me my wife got in the Jeep with the kid and called me on her cell phone.

When I got home, I have my family locked up in the back of a Jeep and this dog sitting on "his" porch.

Cops came over, and all that. With the porch jacked up, my wife not to happy, kid still crying, and all that. The situation worked out for me.

The guy that owned that dog is locked up now for beating on his wife in the same house.

fun, fun.

John </div></div>

While I don't disagree with your management, I would have kept this private in a pm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a situation of the same sort.

fun, fun.

John </div></div>

In CA, that kinda stuff would make it to the evening news, on every channel...

From here on out I would call animal control everytime the offending animals take a breathe and let it be known to said neighbor it is you. In just there being a chance of having kids attacked is enough for me to be proactice.

If that doesn't work smack the crap out of the neighbor, again a proactive measure.

Just my .02 from another parent

How does a fish get caught? They open their mouth! Dont know anything, never saw anything!

It is possible to train your dog not to eat anything fed to it by another person outside of your pack. This will keep the neighbors or someone wanting to break in from killing your pooch. You should get started with this right away.

You can shoot the dog. You might not get arrested for it. You can hide your dog in your house all day in fear of retribution. While the offending animal may be gone, your butt may potentially be in a sling. Not the way I would do it. Or have done it. This would be my last resort.

Or you could learn how to break its back or its neck. It really isn't that hard, and is actually safer for you than grabbing it by the throat. Just grab the back legs as you pull it away from attacking your dog, rotate it ever so slightly and wack it into something hard, like a tree.

No one seeks revenge on the guy who killed their dog with his bare hands. He cannot go to jail, or be sued. Your problems with them will cease. I guarantee it.

For those that suggest shooting and tormenting the animal. My adopted GSD has a .177 pellet in her back which is slowly been ejecting itself. Was there when I got her. Thanks tough guys. Be glad you didn't brag about torturing those dogs to me in person....

Last summer one night I decided to take a walk around the block and stop at the playgrown at the end of our street (decent neighborhood 200k and up ) with my 2 year old daughter, so my wife decides to tag along with our 3 month baby boy , I put the girl on her little barbie car so I can push her, and my wife is carrying the baby on her arms, since is dark and Houston is not the safest city no matter where you live , I get my .45 inside my waistband on a holster (I have a ccw permit), and get my little surefire flashligh so if a car is comming when we are crossing the street I can shine it at the floor so they can see us better; As soon as we start walking I get a funny feeling, and ten seconds later I see the pot head that lives with her mom at the end of the street playing with his rottweiler without a leash, 1 second later the dog sees me and starts running towards us barking and the idiot (owner) doesn't do anything about it, so when he gets about 20 feet I flash him on the face and he stops running since I'm sure he is blinded for a second, but keeps barking and coming towards us; At this time the mf pothead is still in front of his house about 40 yards away just watching so I yelled at him to come get his dog , his response ... he's cool.. WTF? the dog is trying to circle around so he can get away from the light on his eyes but he still was abot 10 feet away by then, he is still barking so I pull my gun and point it towards the dog , that gets the idiot finally moving to get his dog, and all he said was , oh he's cool dude.

I'm glad that I didn't have to shoot the dog but it pisses me off that this idiot has this 100+ pounds dog without a leash.

Now the worst part, next Sunday I'm taking the girl to the swiming pool , I open the garage door and there is the same idiot passing in front of my house with the same dog without a leash, so I put my baby inside the car when this MF comes walking to my and tells me " If you ever threaten my dog again I'll shoot you I have a gun too" so I told him put that mf dog on a leash so you don't have to worry about it, and he said " I'm 23 years old I can do whatever I want to do and if you do something to my dog I'll kill you , so I told him let me call the police so you can tell them that, and he was like : call whoever you want I'm 23 years old I have a gun too so I told him I'm 32 years old , so I can woop you ass if I want to , but I'm just calling the cops instead, so the mf just waks away and his dog goes to the next house over to take a crap but the owner who happens to be a retired sheriff tells him to get his dog and get the f#^k out of his property and he replies " don't tell me what to do I'm 23 so I can do whatever I want to, and walks away.

So the ex-sheriff heard everything and also told me to call the cops which I did since he threatened me, the sheriff shows 2 hours later fills out a report and gave me a case number and tells me to call in about 5 days to check on the case, and before he leaves he tells me I'd shoot the dog if I was you, the part I hated is that my wife stayed at the house with the babies by herself all day, the good thing is that it gave my an excuse to teacher how to use the gun, since she didn't care about it before the incident.

Bachelor Jack,

Sounds like good information to know...shoot me a PM, I'd love to find out more.

Thanks

i agree that if you can dispatch an animal without a weapon you are much less likely to pay for it legaly or otherwise. imho stangling is the best method for animals w/o sharp claws .
that said if the animal really is a threat to people it needs to disapear, no fuss , just disapear .

Since this got pulled back up, here's an update....

Animal Control is as useless as can be. To this day they've never done anything. A few months after all this went down the trash neighbor's even trashier boyfriend showed back up and the dogs started getting tied up most of the time. Well during the time they'd been running free on my property one of them was apparently in heat and my dog bred it. He came over while I was in Montana on a hunt and talked to my father-in-law, who tried to get him to talk to my wife but the a$$hole refused to talk to "just a woman".

I was hoping he'd come back and knock on my door, as I kept a mini tape recorder handy so he could hang himself. Apparently he was waiting to ambush me though and caught me at my mailbox a month later, complaining that I was never home. I cooly replied that I was home every night, all he had to do was ring the doorbell.

He went into it about having to deal with the puppies, and I explained 1) he'd never seen my dog on his property but I had seen the female on mine, so it was his fault she got bred, and 2) he needed to explain to me why I should give a damn about him dealing with puppies when they didn't care about their dogs coming after my daughter.

What followed was predictable, he called me a rotten liar so I told him he was lying and his dog probably never had puppies (just to see how well he could take what he dished out). He went into a typical white trash four-letter rampage, including that he'd shoot my dog if he ever saw it and said earlier that day he'd seen it running free, pointing to the field next to my house. I pointed out that I OWNED the field he'd just pointed to, and my dog was controlled in it by our invisible fence.

I informed him that someone about 5 miles from us had just gotten jail time for shooting someone's dog in revenge and he'd be cellmates with him if he ever touched my dog. I had a few more vague threats I would have liked to have left him to think about but I ended it there.

So now we have to fool with putting the invisible fence collar on the dog every single day as he'll figure it out eventually if we don't (too smart and old to train him right to it). So we're the victims and still paying for it.

The only bright spot is that the neighbor next to them who always feels sorry for the dogs (who are not properly cared for) threw them some chicken bones at Christmas. The oldest one, not one of the ones who came after my daughter but the one who later came over and attacked my dog, got one stuck in his gut and bled to death internally. Not that I take pleasure in a dog suffering but it was it rotten health due to not being cared for and at least it happened in a way that I did not get blamed for it and it's one less threat to my family.

I made wings for the Pro Bowl. I could send you the leftovers...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made wings for the Pro Bowl. I could send you the leftovers... </div></div>

Believe me I've thought about it....I'll wait until I feel like wasting money on IR video surveillance feeding into my computer to start a war with them. People like that always do something stupid eventually. All I need to do is get them on tape running their mouth making threats and I can cause them some real trouble. The lady tried to run over a state cop about 10 years ago.

Damn I hate phukrs like that, you shoulda capped em both, but you allready know that, I wouldn't give up on animal control or the police, any time an infraction is seen call it in asap, sooner or later the LEO is gonna get fed up with those folks..till then brother don't hang yourself.

I like most dogs better than I like most people. I live in a rural area and have animals and have had to shoot a few dogs that were messing mith my animals (killing goats and stuff). It's not something I enjoy. We get a fair number of "drop offs". If they aren't being immediately aggressive and haven't attacked any of my animals I try to just catch them and find out if they belong to someone. My wife found a home for one of the dogs that we found on our property and the lady says he's the greatest dog she's ever had. That one was staring down the barrel of my 12 gauge when he decided to sit and wag his tail.

If they are acting in any way aggressive to me or my family or my animals I will not hesitate to shoot if it's safe to do so. I know which animals belong to my neighbors and they are not a problem. I also have pretty good neighbors for the most part but I didn't always and I know the fear of starting a war with someone who lives right next to you. It's a fine line to have to tread and what seems like the right thing to do isn't always what's practical or what you'd like to do.

Good luck with your situation and keep everyone safe.

Now, I do not condone animal cruelty by any means. Its unfair to the pets when their owners do not provide proper care or husbandry for their animal friends. Its very irresponsible when the owners leave things like Chunky bars out where dogs could get into them. They have a very delicate digestive system and certain things are very toxic if not fatal when ingested.
chunky_small.jpg

freakin lousy runamuck dogs. Had a pit lunge at me once luckily my lab was there or I might have looked like a guy you see in pit-bull attack E-mails. Believe it or not my yellow lab took that bitch to the cleaners.