• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nearly half way into the year, what scopes are you waiting on to come out or purchase?

What scope(s) are you buying this year? Feel free to post it if not listed

• Zero Compromise 5-27

• Zero Compromise 4-20

• Kahles 5-25

• Kahles 3-18

• Minox ZP5 5-25

• Tangent Theta 5-25 with rumored new reticle

• Nightforce 7-35

• Nightforce ATACR 1-8

• Nightforce NX8

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
ZCO420 MPTC2 reticle, Tier-One 36mm rings!
063B74EF-BF90-4C8C-9C22-B497967DD3A5.jpeg
29653A3A-A8FE-4B52-8C2B-C66AF88111DA.jpeg

I am kinda surprised the polling numbers are not higher for the K318 and K525. I really think the K525 is going to be the scope to beat this year.

The K318 has that “pop” that Kahles is known for in the K624, but the glass is noticably better. CA is handled extremely well. The K525 will be even better due to the size and objective.

Reactions: CSTactical
I've been looking forward to the new Steiner M7xi without the IFS an hope they release it on time. Also been taking a hard look at the 4-20x ZCO as a second option.
Same boat as bandit, waiting for more on the ZC420 but also anxious to see how good the new Steiner M7Xi 4-28x56 with MSR2 reticle will be.

I am kinda surprised the polling numbers are not higher for the K318 and K525. I really think the K525 is going to be the scope to beat this year.

The K318 has that “pop” that Kahles is known for in the K624, but the glass is noticably better. CA is handled extremely well. The K525 will be even better due to the size and objective.
With the ZCO ZC527 5-27x56 coming and the Steiner M7Xi 4-28x56 also coming out I think some are waiting to see how well these scopes perform with a little more magnification. The ZCO has "zero compromise" claims with rumors that it may rival Tangent Theta in optical/mechanical quality but with a price that is more reasonable. If Steiner can improve upon optical quality but keep the price reasonable then the M7Xi may turn a few heads as well. I don't think it's a matter of the K525i not being an amazing scope, I think it's more a factor of the competition that is also set to arrive later this year. The K318i fills a niche that few other scopes fill, but the 5-25 market is pretty full right now with lots of fine products that come in at or below the price of the K525i, the one thing the K525i has going for it is that it is one of the shortest and lightest 5-25x56 scopes so that will be a benefit to some; I too am anxious to see how Kahles has improved upon the optical formula with this new design.

I want a less than $500 scope that holds zero like a SWFA but with a modern simple Mil tree reticle. Fixed 10-12 or variable with GOOD BRIGHT GLASS. What you suggest? Turrets can even be kinda mushy cuz I’m gunna use holds 99% of the time.

Take a look at primary arms.

Reactions: Bender
Debating getting a mark 5... wanted to do mile high deal but they are out of the tmr

Going to go on a fix in 6.5. So wanted light weight with locking turrets. If I don’t do the mark 5 it will prolly be an amg

I think Baader is going to release a new binoviewer, that will be nice for my spotting scope.

New scope purchases this year so far:

Steiner 1-4x P4xi (already gone)
NightForce 1-8x ATACR
Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x CCH

That's pretty much it.

Bushnell LRTS is on my wish list. Just don't have any money right now.
A great crossover scope for the 1 rifle man I think.

ZCO is where my money is goIng but with no updates and the anticipated release month disappearing and no answers from them on updates, my money maybe going to another company at this rate

Reactions: PusherX11
ZCO is where my money is goIng but with no updates and the anticipated release month disappearing and no answers from them on updates, my money maybe going to another company at this rate

Patience :) They are working hard trying to get a finished product out the door, if they receive 1/20th the inquiries that we have on them via phone and email they'd need a receptionist 24 hours a day haha

It’s getting harder and harder everyday not to pick up one of the 318i in the px and with all the s&b at great prices I just want any info.

Patience :) They are working hard trying to get a finished product out the door, if they receive 1/20th the inquiries that we have on them via phone and email they'd need a receptionist 24 hours a day haha
This brings up a question - why do so many companies in the firearms industry fail to meet deadines that they imposed on themselves? If you know what you're doing, it shouldn't be hard to achieve a goal that you were able to set yourself, right?

The funny thing is when people get criticized for questioning companies that didn't meet their own goals. Not saying anything about you guys at all - I see a lot of this in the PVA threads and I kind of laugh at the guys defending the companies like this. I'm in engineering and we deal with vendors for parts all the time. The ones that know what they're doing hit their dates and the ones who don't know what they're doing generally have schedule problems because they don't understand what it takes to do a job. So when I see schedule issues, it absolutely makes me worry about the quality of a product.

This brings up a question - why do so many companies in the firearms industry fail to meet deadines that they imposed on themselves? If you know what you're doing, it shouldn't be hard to achieve a goal that you were able to set yourself, right?

The funny thing is when people get criticized for questioning companies that didn't meet their own goals. Not saying anything about you guys at all - I see a lot of this in the PVA threads and I kind of laugh at the guys defending the companies like this. I'm in engineering and we deal with vendors for parts all the time. The ones that know what they're doing hit their dates and the ones who don't know what they're doing generally have schedule problems because they don't understand what it takes to do a job. So when I see schedule issues, it absolutely makes me worry about the quality of a product.

We're also talking a Global Market where influences that we as Americans don't think of yet want a finish product right now. There's times where one minor part can slow down the entire production line, now imagine a major part like the reticle for instance which slowed production of the Vortex AMG and changed one of their suppliers to a German Company (Not a knock on them at all, just an example of what has happened). These scopes are precision instruments with probably a small number of vendors to choose and there can be times when specific grade glass or even steel can become scarce, accidents during transit, suppliers have strikes, natural disasters, customs is slow, an unexpected Military contract etc...

We're also talking a Global Market where influences that we as Americans don't think of yet want a finish product right now. There's times where one minor part can slow down the entire production line, now imagine a major part like the reticle for instance which slowed production of the Vortex AMG and changed one of their suppliers to a German Company (Not a knock on them at all, just an example of what has happened). These scopes are precision instruments with probably a small number of vendors to choose and there can be times when specific grade glass or even steel can become scarce, accidents during transit, suppliers have strikes, natural disasters, customs is slow, an unexpected Military contract etc...
I get that unexpected events happen. But those happen in other industries too, and good vendors still pretty much manage to hit their dates. I work in an industry with all of the restrictions you listed above - limited number of suppliers, multiple-component assemblies with parts from different areas of the world, military contracts, etc., and I still haven't seen anything quite like the firearms industry.

And I'm not saying it's the industry as a whole - it seems like there are companies within the industry that do just fine most of the time. But when they don't, we just excuse it for no reason and criticize those who ask companies to live up to what they said, and that's kind of where you lose me on the vendor accountability train.

But that's JMHO, and as always, it's worth what you paid for it.

I am on a budget with a new baby and saving for a new house so the Primary Arms 3-18 is about as good as it gets for me this year. Should be a nice fit for my new 6.5g build

Cool thread, fun seeing the other wish lists on this forum.

For me it’s new product wishes:

A 1-6 or 1-7 version of the Steiner P4xi for 3gun (sorry, 4x on the top just isn’t enough for me at 400+ yds). I could also go for a Burris RT6 with a daylight bright illuminated reticle.

A 4-20 or 5-25 version of the Leupold VX5HD with the impact 29 moa or tmoa or tactical milling reticle (you know, so I never have to spin the dials, ha). Best glass for the money available today if you’re not a heavy turret twister; I want more top end than 15x.

Hope something like these are available in the near future because I’d buy either/both in a heartbeat!

Reactions: Sainte70
@stilesg57 , the VX5HD is SFP, so Leupold will never put a tree reticle in it like the Impact 29 MOA tree. Maybe you're thinking of the Mark5HD? But the Mark5HD already comes in 5-25 and 3.6-18. The Mark5HD has MIL tree reticle options like CCH and various Horus, but they don't mix MIL/MOA in new Mark-series scopes anymore, so you'll never get Impact 29 in a Mark-series scope. If you want a MOA FFP scope, the only Leupold option is the VX3i LRP line. I've used a VX3i LRP FFP 4.5-14X50 Impact-60 MOA scope, thought it was a great value scope.

@stilesg57 , the VX5HD is SFP, so Leupold will never put a tree reticle in it like the Impact 29 MOA tree. Maybe you're thinking of the Mark5HD? But the Mark5HD already comes in 5-25 and 3.6-18. The Mark5HD has MIL tree reticle options like CCH and various Horus, but they don't mix MIL/MOA in new Mark-series scopes anymore, so you'll never get Impact 29 in a Mark-series scope. If you want a MOA FFP scope, the only Leupold option is the VX3i LRP line. I've used a VX3i LRP FFP 4.5-14X50 Impact-60 MOA scope, thought it was a great value scope.

They already put the impact 29 in the vx-5hd... The highest magnification is just 3-15, he was asking for a higher magnification.

Reactions: SageRatSafaris
I’m trying to spend money but nobody is coming to the party.
I just want a nightforce 2.5-10x24 or x42 with a mil based Xmas tree reticle. Leupold nearly saved the day with the 2-12x42 and the impact 45 reticle but it’s moa based.

I’m trying to spend money but nobody is coming to the party.
I just want a nightforce 2.5-10x24 or x42 with a mil based Xmas tree reticle. Leupold nearly saved the day with the 2-12x42 and the impact 45 reticle but it’s moa based.

First you gotta wish that they make those scopes ffp then you gotta wish for that tree ret. at Nightforce pace you should be good by 2025

First you gotta wish that they make those scopes ffp then you gotta wish for that tree ret. at Nightforce pace you should be good by 2025

I’d rather SFP so really all they gotta to is throw in some wind holds and we’re good. While they are at it they can make the four bars around the POA less distracting too.

I know many of you are looking for the Minox ZP5 with the MR4 reticle, give me a call to pre-order if you want one :)

36726610_2119181821457653_2771193992656715776_n.jpg
While I'm looking forward to the ZCO, Kahles and Steiner M7Xi scopes coming in to see what the latest and greatest has to offer, the Minox ZP5 5-25 represents the best glass for the money right now, couple that with one of the best Christmas tree reticles in the MR4 and well, if I were in the market I would not hesitate to grab one of these.

Reactions: CSTactical