• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need 10/22 stock recomendation

660grizzlyguy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Got a McMillan thumbhole on my Volquartsen 10/22, but there is so much cast-off in the butt, that it's not suitable when the stage calls for weak shoulder shooting. I've used the Boyds Tacticool (sounds mall ninja doesn't it) and it's stiff enough to take a tight sling and not put pressure on the side of the barrel, and is fairly light for a laminated stock. The only other composite stock I have used is the Hogue, and that is not up to a tight sling. any thing else out there for NRL22 type shooting?

For 10/22 based systems, As Bill Meek said, the Victor Titan is pretty rigid, Magpul X-22 is also a good choice. PMACA and KIDD both make a similar low cost aluminum chassis and Mcrees and Accurate rifle systems make some nice chassis systems higher up in the price scale. Between the victor, PMACA and magpul I use the PMACA most often with the magpul coming in second, and the victor in third. All with a sling or bipod, I typically use the Magpul RLS sling with their fixed D-ring so the sling doesn't wrap back on itself in the ring.

PMACA is a super solid chassis. I set one up as a lightweight using the lightest AR components along with a KIDD receiver and their ultralight barrel. NF unimount and NXS 2.5-10x42 are the heaviest part of it and it shoots dimes at 100yds. Sling pressure or bipod loading doesn't affect it. The Titan, for a conventional stock would be my other choice.

Victor Titan the best stock for the 10/22
I have a complete Kidd Supergrade and I’m using the rear tang hold down and it’s great.

Attachments

• 984176D2-3FD8-419A-863D-8191075797A6.jpeg
    984176D2-3FD8-419A-863D-8191075797A6.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 128
Are they making them for a 10/22?

Probably not. My reading comprehension isn't so good. :geek: Just assumed a barreled action Vudoo when I saw Volquartsen.

I also, would suggest the Magpul Hunter. I have my TacSol in the Backpacker and really like it.

IMG_0344.jpeg
IMG_0012.jpeg

Can anyone confirm that the Titan will stand up to a tight sling, they don't advertise an embedded aluminum piece in the forend to stiffen it up like most of the aftermarket centerfire stocks. Looks similar to the Boyds, if it's stiff I'm gonna have to try one.

No flex problem at all with my Victor Titan using a Short Action Precision positional sling or loading the bipod hard:

I own a few different 10/22 setups (including a Kidd chassis) and prefer the Titan over them all. The only things I wish it had was a fully adjustable cheek rest similar to the one on my Ruger 10/22 competition and was pre-drilled for the Kidd Supergrade rifles (which would give me an excuse to buy one).

Reactions: RandomWAguy
I built a custom 10/22 in a Magpul Hunter stock and like it, but would not recommend it for what you are asking for - the stock is highly adjustable with their comb and length of pull inserts, but it feels very plastic and light weight compared to my 457 in a tacticool stock.

I would go with the Titan that was recommended above - it feels much more rigid and would hold up to a tight sling.

Im using the same set up as @billmeek and got my rifleman patch from appleseed as well as using it in my local nrl22 matches with no issues. I cant comment on the hard bipod loading as I have added the arca rail so have extra rigidity when using my bipod.