• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need a cheek riser/rest recommendation.

There are a lot of good recommendations on this thread. I was looking for the same info until I can get my KRG bravo ordered.

I like the Bradley also. The only issue I found is that one of the velcro straps that goes around the bottom of the stock covers one of the sling connection points. Unfortunately that is where it feels the best so......
Remove the sling stud, mount the rest, punch a hole to the Velcro strap and remount the sling stud.

I have the Bradley, a stock pack, a kydex cheek riser and one that I made using the kmw hardware.
The kmw hardware converted one is superior in all ways.
Send it to Joe duco and be done, he is right when he says that most risers push your head to the side, and after a while you will find that annoying

The Triad cheek riser has always been my go-to solution. I bought an extra set of Velcro “risers” and have always been able to get a good eye box view with a little trial and error fitting with the different pieces

Yeah, bit of resurrection of an old thread but I didn't see anything more current (but prob just missed it).

I bought a Rem 5R SS Gen 2 (these nomenclatures...sigh haha) in .308 as a deer gun and the comb (cheek piece but really comb) is 5/8" too low to get my eye centered on the scope and this is with Leupold Mark IV rings which at .84" is the lowest I could find.

Now, I'm an older guy and kind of new to rifles but I was a long time tournament skeet shooter (got too dang old) and nobody is more nuts about gun fit than shotgunners and every one of mine has adjustable combs installed or is a high trap style, parallel, MC stock.

With the Rem, I tried wrap around and strap on pads as none of the stock smiths I know from shotguns would work on composite stocks.

IME, @Terry Cross is absolutely correct that any of these type of add-ons will move your face laterally as well as up and will require head roll to get behind the scope (bad form for a number of reasons, IMO) So, the wrap around kind just didn't work for me.

So, I sent it to Mr Ducos for installation of KMW Loggerhead which will allow me to raise the comb as I wish, move it to the right a bit if needed so as to not have to roll my head AT ALL, and allow for easy removal so I can get a cleaning rod in there.

Its on its way back to me with just a bit of delay which is pretty dang understandable given current circumstances wrt to the virus. Joe was easy to communicate with, was apologetic for the delay (on the other hand, we have been locked down for 8 wks so who cares! haha), and his pricing is very reasonable.

Joe has the hardware but I'm an idiot and bought a set direct from Terry before talking to Joe. Easier, IMO, to just to buy hdwr and service from Joe. I believe it was $250 incl hdwr and in my case $200 for install with customer supplied hdwr.

One last note, I did not at the time realize the size of Terry's business and sent him some email questions...I mean real newbie stuff....and Terry was kind enough to take time out of his schedule to politely and fully respond. That kind of personalized CS goes a long way in my book.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Cross
I would encourage you to remember what some cheek rests will do to your head position.

If it is a "saddle" type cheek rest of any type, the additional width of the shell will push your face laterally even further away from the scope's already small eye box. Only remedy is you tilt your head over even further to get into the scope. No escape from it.

We just finished another 1 week sniper/f.o. class and I can assure you that tilted heads are stressful and hard to sustain.

All the products mentioned are quality and get the job done but most are getting your comb up at the expense of pushing you off to the side even more.

./
This ^^^^^^^^

If you use the saddle type Riser with the replaceable, stackable filler inserts just cut an oblong hole in the filler padding on the side toward your face. I use some of the old ITC cheek rests and they showed how to cut a hole to make a saddle rest cheek piece. Just move that place over to the side and it will minimize the head displacement off to the side of the stock. Takes some trial and error but you will know when you get it correct.
it is not perfect but if you are not allowed to modify your stock or just don’t want to for your own reasons it is a reasonable compromise. If you have to do a lot of trial and error, old Neoprene mouse pads give lots of material to play with. Never thought of koozies. YMMV