• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Need a How to for bedding DBM

DrewinTejas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
McKinney, Tx
I am needing to bed my CDI DBM for my manners t2. The inlet has some slop and would like to bed it to fill the gaps and fill the gaps around the pillars on the bottom. I did some searching but did not find a How to.

Thanks

Re: Need a How to for bedding DBM

Anyone got something on this? The action is already bedded just need some tips or pics on how to bed the DBM. Cdi did a sloppy job on the inlet but I can't complain as they did it fast and cheap.

Start over. The gun should be milled down correctly fitted and bedded in the correct manner. Everything should be down at the same time.

Starting over would be pretty pricey if not completely necessary. Without being able to see what exactly the inlet job looks like or how the bottom metal fits, its hard to give many suggestions. Bedding your bottom metal is not necessary unless its too deep into the stock and not sitting flush. Again a picture of how it looks would help out a lot.

I can get a picture when my stock gets back from Manners. The bedding on the action is just fine and fits light a glove. The bottom metal locks up tight it is just a gap around the outside edge. The rifle shoots fine I just want to fill the gap just for visual reasons.

Okay I understand now what you're saying/describing. I'm not sure if a bedding material would be the best way to go in this case though. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're essentially just trying to replace the material that was inletted out to give the bottom a more snug fit around the outside right? Something more putty-like or mold-able I'm thinking would be better since the purpose is solely cosmetic (being that you say it still shoots fine). This would be a lot easier to fit the gap and also sanded down to the perfect fit. A little bit of Bondo could do the trick.

As long as you DBM is in contact with your pillars at the correct height you should be fine to just fill in the void area and give it more surface underneath as a contact point.
Can't see where this would be an issue. I've have done this before when a stock was previously inteled to another foot print.