• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a new bag, can't find what I am looking for

Rprecision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2011
Progressive Hell, CO
So I have a Maratac XL EOD bag that I have used for some time as my "Precision rifle" bag. I keep rear bags, >100 .308, Data Book, gloves, hat, a few small tools, alternate bi pod, Etc. I like having one bag to supplement all the other crap I carry which can be easily grabbed and contain all the small stuff that's handy. Its easy to throw over a shoulder and head out. Problem is, after using it for a while, shooting off it, dragging it around, its starting to break down. It's time for something new.

Its 14 X 11 X 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRjl0B-lTmo

I want a pack with good organization and easier to tote around. I think a small backpack is probably in order I just don't know where it start. I do know this, if I but something big I am going to fill it up, that just my nature.

What do you guys use for a small daypack ?

Last edited:
Check out Mystery Ranch. If they dont have something to fit your needs, well sir, you are just too damn picky.

London Bridge would be my next stop.

I bought a London Bridge 3 day pack on sale from them for somewhere about $50. Made in USA and it is the perfect size to make me bring only the essentials and leave all the junk at home where it belongs. LBT offers sales quite often I am finding out. Get on their mailing list.

Last edited:
How about something from Eberlestock? It'll carry all of that plus your rifle. Their products are sturdy. I love my Phantom.

I went with the 5.11 rush 12. I like it so far

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have a Gunslinger2 by Eberlestock, there has been a minor complaint on the rifle carry part which has not happened to me at all. It's very comfy and provides plenty of space I carry in mine--- rifle (DTA SRS A-1), 200 rounds 6.5 CM, Data Book, Rangefiner, Binocs, Weapon grease, cleaning supplies (rag, bore snake etc), Water source, First Aid kit, Optics cleaning kit, T handle with attachment, multi tool kit, flashlight with extra batt, eletronic device with shooting app and data, ear pro, pistol mags, rear bag, TAB shooting mat, and TAB SAC, MRE, spareone phone, solar charger, you get my point and I still have plenty of room to spare btw. I also own Mystery Ranch pack no complaints on it either.

I had a couple Eberlestock packs and sold them to finance a Mystery Ranch. Absolutely no complaints about the Eberlestocks. The Mystery Ranch just worked better for my purposes. If I could have kept one it would have been the Low Drag. I used it for a coyote calling bag. It would be great for a range bag I would think. It was light and comfortable with the rifle in the scabbard and with the scabbard folded up. It held just enough gear without being too big. I might grab another, one of these days.

I use a 5.11 rush 12. It seems to hold the things I need...ear and eye pro, data book, bag, ammo, etc.

It did not look like you use a shooting mat from the picture, but if you do and want to keep it in the backpack...the size of the mat will heavily effect the size of the pack.

Last edited:
For a small range bag, match bag, I have a 5.11 rush moab, and also an eberlestock x3 lodrag. Neither really big enough to overpack to much but big enough to take what I need.

BozFour, thanks for laying out an abridged list of what you take along. It's always helpful to see what others carry with'em, & on occasion get some ideas on how to organize & equip my kit.

Elberstock worth it for sure smaller size i run an Oakley has worn like iron. They have also survived security forces at my pesky day job and they could break an anvil with a feather

While there are lots of good suggestions of quality kit above, if you are looking for a quality bag that is similar capacity and shape of what you have now with a good organization layout, I would look at the Emdom USA fatty wide load.