• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a new suppressor cover (not tab gear)

dodgefreak8

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2009
colorado
I'm in need of a new suppressor cover for my sas arbiter. I had a tab gear but it came apart at a seam. I sent it in at the request of tab gears customer service and after 4 months, multiple emails and a phone call I still don't have a cover.. so what other brand is everyone happy with?

Bowers, Griptastic,

I have a griptastic as well. I like it. You don't have to worry about it coming apart or slipping off (assuming you ordered the correct size). The only part I'm not crazy about is the finish is a bit shiny, which is not ideal for hunting applications. I roughed it up with some sand paper, which helped.

The FTW ones from Rifles Only are the best ones that I've used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a griptastic as well. I like it. You don't have to worry about it coming apart or slipping off (assuming you ordered the correct size). The only part I'm not crazy about is the finish is a bit shiny, which is not ideal for hunting applications. I roughed it up with some sand paper, which helped.

That's one of the things I noticed when I looked at them. Kinda tacky looking but if they work good I might get past it lol

Last edited:
I'm in need of a new suppressor cover for my sas arbiter. I had a tab gear but it came apart at a seam. I sent it in at the request of tab gears customer service and after 4 months, multiple emails and a phone call I still don't have a cover.. so what other brand is everyone happy with?

I'm actually shocked by this. I have never had an issue with anything TAB.

Me neither... until this. Initial response to my concerns was great until I sent the item in... now nothing..

Everything will fail eventually. I'm not worried about a seam, I'm worried about the 4 months of nothing.

Tell me you'll send me one or tell me to fuck off, but tell me something and don't make me wait.

There's a guy in the EE that makes covers, may want to check him out as well.

I have a Armageddon and like it, its the only one I have had tho so i cant compair it to anything.

Each tab gear cover I had fit the same model can differently... Special snowflakes.

I had the same problem with the cover blowing apart on the front seam. I replaced it with the armageddon gear cover and have had no problems.

I'm running a Rifles Only HAD, and like it, just have one question for those that are running these: How do you get it tied tight enough to not slowly shift forward? It's for a Harvester on a .284 and .260 bolt guns.. I used clamps to pull the lacing as tight as possible, but am still not having the best of luck..

I'm running a Rifles Only HAD, and like it, just have one question for those that are running these: How do you get it tied tight enough to not slowly shift forward? It's for a Harvester on a .284 and .260 bolt guns.. I used clamps to pull the lacing as tight as possible, but am still not having the best of luck..

You run the last loop of rope behind the can, where the barrel and can meets.

I too got tired of wrapping and re-wrapping the cord as tight as heck and it still would not stay secured on the slippery surface of the suppressors.
I now just use a simple disconnect lanyard. The problem with tying the cord behind the can is that I had to untie it remove the can.
A couple of ways I set it up. I also use some electrical wire shrink wrap to prevent the free ends from fraying.
Problem solved.
Worry about the wind. IMG_2175 copy.jpg
IMG_4886 copy 2.jpg
IMG_3095 copy.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2756 copy.jpg
    DSCN2756 copy.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Another vote for the Bowers, not the prettiest but it works great on my Surefire FA762SS.
DW

I always thought the more standard 'canvas with rope around it' types looked kinda dumb. The Bowers is very streamlined, will not come off under fire, allows you to get a good grip and take the suppressor off when it's still hot, and can be covered with cheap camoform tape to match any conditions.

WP_20141127_001 (2).jpg

I won an Armageddon Gear cover several years ago at the Steel Safari. Fast forward to this June and I'm back at the Steel Safari shooting a Harvester can with the AG cover....the cover has been developing a frayed leading edge for over 8 months- I suspect from the brake feature on the Harvester. I called Armageddon Gear up and explained the situation and looking for some suggestions of how to repair the fray. Within a week, I have a return label and a new cover on the front porch!
Great product with fantastic customer service.

Last edited:
On my 556 can I use a Bowers Griptastic, I like that it stays put, and after a couple mag dumps FA you can grab a hold of it and not burn your hand, my 308 can that I use on my bolt guns I use a old school TAB Gear, I like that I can slide it off and allow the can to cool faster, I find it strange that your issue wasn't taken care of promptly. The Rifles Only cover is a pretty slick combination of the Griptastic and a TAB Gear, inner sleeve to block the Mirage and outter cover to make it Tacticool, the cord is not plano 550 cord but something that is designed not to melt from the heat.

Reactions: Hawkwood