• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need a quality range bag

gunfreak101

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
Alabama,
I am looking for a good quality hopefully U.S. made range bag my current one has died and I am tired of all the China made crap.

I have one from Academy sporting goods, which appears to be identical in design and quality as the MidwayUSA bag. Which one did you have that fell apart, if you don't mind me asking?

No offense but i want somthing of high quality I try not to buy anything from acrapemy sports. They picked me off onetime over some bad ammo.

I use Eagles Escape and Evasion bag. Natchez sells it for about $60 I think. Ive had it 4 years or so carrying it 2-3 times a week and it has not failed. Downside I think it was made in the Dominican Republic.

I sewed another bag on one side and added a second handle using material from the overly long shoulder strap. It is pefect for my needs.

I use a Nike gymbag and it doesnt matter where it was made cuz nothing is made in the usa anymore.

^^^This. The Tactical Tailor competition shooters bag is great. It's larger than most and very sturdy. If you wait for one of their sales you can sometimes find them a bit cheaper.

Ditto on the Academy bag. Its exactly the same as the Midway. My buddy bought the midway, me academy; when compared only difference was the logo. Tough bag, lots of pockets and compartments.

I have a shooters connection bag and it works great.

Yes definitely +1 on the Tactical Tailor bag. I use one for all my long rifle gear and that thing has to weigh 60lbs when I am carrying ammo.

Got the tactical tailor bag in yesterday and I am going to have to send it back because my benchrest will not fit. I need something a little wider.

Check out WRB WRB Online , LaRue sells them also. Several sizes available and made right here in Texas. I have 2 , 15" and 18". Great range bags and very well made.

I have a american shooters edge bag, dunno if it is a natural born 'merican or a damn immigrant. American Shooters Edge Range Bag - Soldier Systems I do know this, I have managed to cram more shit in that thing then I would ever need in a day at the range. That's the problem, I weighed the thing one day at Publix, and it tipped the scale at a whopping 82 pounds. I had paper targets, shooting bags, stapler, staples, 2 rolls of tape, most every form of driver tool, sight tools, spare set of iron sights, couple of knives, 3 or 4 sets of ear protection, data book, otis kit, boresnakes, a piece of a cleaning rod, cans of oil and clp, mags for 4 different guns, about 600 rds 45acp ammo, 22lr ammo, towels, eyeglasses, deck of playing cards, first aid kit, pens and sharpies, can of white spraypaint, an old zippo lighter and a half drank bottle of snapple (fuck-I don't even like kiwi).

While I will admit the bag is as sturdy as I have ever carried (and I carry alot of bags) I personally would not recommend this bag. The thing is a hazard to your personal safety as I believe I may have sustained an injury carrying it. I am currently looking for something smaller.

Maxpedition and 5.11 are both imported.

And given how small the premium is to buy one that's manufactured here vs. an import that costs north of $100 simply because of the brand name, you might as well support the people making them here. I'm personally still using a midway bag that I bought when I started getting into shooting, just because it hasn't worn out yet and I hate throwing away functional stuff. But if you don't want imported, check out TT, or poke around Triad's site.