• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Need beta testers for 3D ballistics simulator / calculator

You can turn off dynamic wind. I really need to create a more realistic dynamic wind. Right now it’s just kind of random within limits. While in real life it follows a complex probabilistic model. Right now I cannot use the advanced math libraries I need in order to do it right, until I update my framework. In a future release I will revisit dynamic wind, when I have the time to do the research and stuff.

Jim, the way the wind is now is fine. I actually like the fact that it changes during the scenario. What I am talking about is the chart in the upper right. I would like the chart to display a pre-determined value, not what the actual wind drift is. This forces you to think instead of just read the hold and fire. Without advanced fire control systems in the field I work off a static chart and then have to translate that chart into a hold downrange.

To clarify, when I am setting up the cartridge I would like to be able to tell it to calculate wind drift based on 5mph or 10mph, etc. Then that chart is what is displayed in the top right of the screen.

[MENTION=45290]dieselgeek[/MENTION]
I fixed that for beta 6.0

[MENTION=14648]LoneWolfUSMC[/MENTION]
I could do that right now the chart also adjusts for bore angle although that does not have much effect at low bore angles. I was thinking for doing a down / uphill shooting map in the future.

I just sent out Beta 6.0 took longer then I thought it would.

Change log
1: Fixed selection sliders at high resolutions
2: Dynamic wind off by default
3: Exit and main menu and return buttons added
4: Used same conversion factor to fix rounding errors in wind speed dialog box
5: Added to readme a targets section
6: High angle map added
7: Fixed custom reticle disappearing
9: Remove dynamic targets from sand box
10: Holding shift down cause scope to adjust in 1.0 mil or 2.5 MOA increments.
11: hide bullet and stylized trace option
12: target options exposure / speed / time between targets / speed of moving targets dialog boxes
13: Max shot dialog box
14: Moved spawn dialog to upper half of scope and changed ordering so it no longer blocked by GUI
15: Changed color of hostage target from green to neon pink
16: Changed wind dial graphics. Now behaves like a weather vane / wind flag.
17: Static ballistics chart option
18: Change wind direction timer dialog box
19: Minimum zeroing range is now one yard.
20: Targets now spawn rotated based on starting scope rotation.
21: Everything now works at high angles.
22: Allowed moving targets to move up steeper slopes.
23: Wind behaves more realistically.
24: Debug log active