• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Need help deciding which spuhr mount to get

david8989

The Tactical Texan
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2011
Bowie, TX
Okay, I've got a new 4.5-27x56 Razor II on pre-order and I wanted to go ahead and have a mount ready for it when it gets here. Here's my issue, The new razors lose about 3 mils of total elevation over the Gen 1's (which is what I have now). I would like to get that elevation back, externally. Ideally I want 30 MOA of external cant. But the cheaper option would be to get a 20 MOA Spuhr mount to go with the 20 MOA base I already have to give me 40 MOA total. Will I be able to get this to zero at 100 and still not have any distortion when looking through the glass? Or my other and more expensive option would be to buy a 0 MOA rail and 30 MOA Spuhr mount. Which option would perform better?

Man, I thought our ELR guys would be chiming in quick on this one. Nobody has any experience with this?

Savage 12LRP in .260 Rem. I know for max effective range I don't need that much elevation but I do semi-regularly take it from 1500 to a mile and play around. With my DA normally 0-1K I need quite a bit of elevation not to have to hold over

The lowest spuhr is still going to be high on that. I'd get a 30-40moa base if that's what you want and a set of the spuhr rings that are 1.0" tall.