• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need Help Identifying An Odd Looking Scope Mount

dmentzer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2007
PA
Heavy cast iron. Standard Redfield system for rings. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what it goes to. Thanks for any help.
o68.JPG

o69.JPG

o70.JPG

o71.JPG

o72.JPG

o73.JPG

o74.JPG

Re: Need Help Identifying An Odd Looking Scope Mount

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">I think</span></span> I've seen one of those a longgggggg time ago mounted on a lever gun. The hook in the front goes under the ramp sight base.

I'd give a shout to John Spangler at www.oldguns.net , he's forgotten more than most of us will ever learn about gun stuff. Tell him Doc from VA Beach sent you.

Cheers,

Doc

Thanks Doc. I contacted John and he knew right away what it is. It is the mounting bar used to hold an infrared sniper scope on a M1 or M2 Carbine. He also told me to say "hi" to you also. Thanks again for you help.

I KNEW I had seen one before but I couldn't remember what it was on other than a short receivered rifle. Glad John could help you. If anyone knew for sure it was him.

Cheers,

Doc