• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Need help wireless internet.

Bryan W M

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
East KS
So the fiancée wants me to get wireless internet. Problem I know nothing about it.
I've been here 5 years and just use my phone hell is was a year ago I hooked up a TV.
She wants it for school going for her BSN after she passes state boards for her RN.
Anyway what do I need to know?
She wants to watch movies and TV shows. Plus study.
I'm not close to anything besides 2 small towns so I'm not very hopeful, plus metal roof.
Please help.

Zip code is 66413 if that helps.

Do you already have a decent speed hard wired internet?

Www.speedtest.net will let you check your speed

If you are not gaming, all you need is a basic Wi-Fi router with ports if you use wired devices like a pc, DVD player or smart tv

Plug internet cable into the in plug port
Plug other items into the 4 other ports

Once you have plugged a Confuser into the router, you can run the disk or go to the instruction book to type in the IP address to set up the new Wi-Fi router.

Set up a router admin password and write it down
Set up a network name
Set up a network password
Write both down

Hit save and you are done

Reactions: Infidel01
I have to use satellite for internet. Exede (Viasat) has added an unlimited plan to their service not cheap $150. They do reserve the right to slow you down after 100GB during heavy traffic times.

VOIP works without any problems.

The plan I originally signed up for, several years ago, was 10gb for $70. It was good for just internet browsing. Had to be careful with Youtube videos they killed the data supply. I just found out they had a new plan of 25gb for $75. Only difference was free data was between 3am and 6am instead of 12am and 6am. I'm in bed during those hours anyhow so it made no difference.