Hunting & Fishing  need input from hog hunters!

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL
hello, 2 friends and I are graduating from GA Southern University this May. We all enjoy hunting and have just recently got into coyote hunting.. we have looked into doing a guided hog hunting trip as a graduation present to ourselves.. its a night hunt that uses ar-10's with thermal imaging scopes.. judging by the info, the chances of a multiple kills seems likely.. however its $600 a person. is it worth it? its sounds like a blast, but $600 a person is alot for a graduating student with a lot of debt haha..any advice??

sniper 1

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
South Carolina
Re: need input from hog hunters!

you need to go to HOGSWAT.com. It's $500 per person with everything included. Hal is a great guide and really knows his stuff. I have been out with him a few times. It is money well spent.

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL

thanks for the post.. it sounds like it would be an awesome experience.. i have watched several videos of hog hunts from helicopters.. thats a got to be a hell of a time.

tansinator

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN

Jager Pro in south Ga is awesome. I went two years ago and I am going back in a month. A little pricey, but when you see the equipment these guys use you will understand why. Outfit is a class act. Contact Rod and ask him what they have available.

Eddie

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jager Pro in south Ga is awesome. I went two years ago and I am going back in a month. A little pricey, but when you see the equipment these guys use you will understand why. Outfit is a class act. Contact Rod and ask him what they have available.

Eddie </div></div>

thats the company I was refeering to but couldnt remember the name..thanks.. I did hear that the equipment, especially the optics were incredible. but like you said, its pricey. but in your opinion, its worth it? at least once to try it..

Cserv

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
wherever I may roam...

Sounds like you're paying to rent some cool equipment and kill some pigs. Sounds fun, but not really what I would call "hunting". Fun all the same though, if it's in the budget for celebrating. Have a blast.
Eric

tansinator

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 07zx6r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jager Pro in south Ga is awesome. I went two years ago and I am going back in a month. A little pricey, but when you see the equipment these guys use you will understand why. Outfit is a class act. Contact Rod and ask him what they have available.

Eddie </div></div>

thats the company I was refeering to but couldnt remember the name..thanks.. I did hear that the equipment, especially the optics were incredible. but like you said, its pricey. but in your opinion, its worth it? at least once to try it..</div></div>

I am going back in four weeks! That ought to tell you something.

It's not something I'd do every year, but when nothing else is in season it fills a void to kill shit. Just don't go when there is a full moon close. Hunting is not as good.

I hope this helps ya,

Eddie

tansinator

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN

By the way, one of the guides is a helluva shooter. He shot for the AMU for twenty years. I went to high school with him and did not even know he was a quide until I showed up to hunt. If you end up hunting with Lance, he could talk shooting with you during any down time and probably learn ya a thing or two. The other guide is Chris, he knows his stuff as well. That is who I hunted with. Good luck with your decision!

Eddie

Southbreeze

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2011
Vancleave, MS

I'm planning a trip with Rod and JagerPro as well. It is wholesale pig destruction (ie nuisance animal control.) I've bought some gear from Rod & company and I'm looking forward to the thermal weapons sights, helping the farmers out and bringing home a truckload of bacon!

Don't bypass Rod for a couple bucks. Hope y'all kill a truckload and have a blast.

Cheers,
Breeze

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL

thanks everyone, you'll did an awful job of talking me out of this. know i have to do it! haha

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you came here looking for people to talk you off out of spending money going hunting and playing cool toys? ! ?

ha
go have fun! </div></div>

haha i guess you're right. maybe i should have asked for advice on the PETA forum.