• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need recommendations on tight Fighting .750 gas blocks

URGILOVERR

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2023
USA
Alright, I have a few DD barrels and their journals mesure .74945-.74960 which is well within the Colt TDP spec and both of my BCM gas blocks are able to slide on very smoothly with no resestince (not sloppy) and I can spin them freely, I’m not bashing BCM I’ll keep both blocks as a spare especially after them inspecting my first gas block and then sending a few extra pins with my second I love the company, but I would rather have a gas block that has a tight interface from the start. Can somebody recommend a tight fitting gas block? preferably phosphated but any coating is fine.

Think there is a bit of luck involved there unless ordering stuff dimensioned specifically for an interference fit. I had to hone a BCM gas block to fit a recent WOA barrel purchase. My prior WOA barrel and BCM block easily went together by hand. I had bought some spare blocks as they were on sale, all measure ~0.7505

Think there is a bit of luck involved there unless ordering stuff dimensioned specifically for an interference fit. I had to hone a BCM gas block to fit a recent WOA barrel purchase. My prior WOA barrel and BCM block easily went together by hand. I had bought some spare blocks as they were on sale, all measure ~0.7505
Agreed it can be luck, I’m Glad you stated your block measured .7505 because that’s exactly what BCM told me my first one measured and I can’t physically feel the difference between the 2 (don’t have the proper plug gauges to know for sure) I was thinking about a SOLGW gas block only issue is that it’s nitrided and I’m not really fond with nitrided parts, the only difference betwwen your experience and mine is I don’t have a barrel that either of my BCM blocks go on that feels tight. Thanks for the response

Can I ask what your WOA barrel measured that was tight fitting if you know?

Clamp style is the easy option. LMT blocks are press fit, but I don't think that they are sold separately. They're out there, though, from those who have done an AGB conversion. They take straight gas tubes and d. wilson (unclemoak) might be able to help.

Can I ask what your WOA barrel measured that was tight fitting if you know?
Checked my notes and didn't note that but did note .995 on the barrel ext as that was undersized and needed a shim on a BCM upper. IIRC I had to open the block up just shy of .004

Reactions: URGILOVERR
Its definitely luck of the draw. I had a white oak barrel that I removed the gas block from, to remove the old HG, and it needed to be torched, and then still assaulted with a rubber mallet, to get it to budge.