• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some help please

Vektus

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2013
Idaho
So i want to join the Marines really really badly. My only problem is with the VA sending their letters disarming vets scares me, Of course i love guns so if i join, and i come back what if they put on my record that i have mental disabilities and i cant buy guns? I would probably die if that happend haha. any advice? Should i join or not? I know its my decision but i just need help.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Don't come back crazy, that's a good option. But seriously:

If you happen to suffer an outcome that leads to you being considered mentally unstable, above and beyond suffering from PTSD, it would already be noted in your medical file, you would be informed of that diagnosis, and you would have to lie to buy a gun anyway.

The VA letter isn't disarming vets, it's informing them that their condition prohibits them from purchasing firearms under already existing statutes. By the time someone gets the letter, they're already diagnosed.

Assuming you're not already mentally disabled for wanting to enlist in the Marines, you'd probably (bureaucracy does screw up, so probably) have much deeper issues than just buying guns if you got that letter.

P.S. You're thinking about enlisting in the Marine Corps. Quit thinking so far ahead. Fuck, fight, & worry about the rest of the shit later.

Last edited:
join the navy so you will already be trained in how to prison purse any item you wish to keep it all secret like

I know what you're referring to, I read the same article, and a few others. My previous comments still stand.

If you were a civilian who went bonkers, you wouldn't be allowed to purchase a gun, and any guns you had in your possession would likely be confiscated. I'm not a lawyer or LEO though, so that last bit requires verification from someone in the know.

Now if VA incorrectly labeled you as bonkers, you'd have to appeal, go to court, etc... You could make it right, but it wouldn't be fast or easy.

Again, you're worrying about one tiny IF when there's a lot of other things you should be concerned about.

Are you ready for boot camp, physically and mentally? Do you have the ASVAB scores to go into your desired field? Which one is your left hand?