• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some input/dimensions from 650XL and T7 users

jasonk

Very Snipery
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
I'm in the process of designing a new reloading area, the space is a little tighter than in the past due to a new kid on the way and a little remodeling that reduced my man space. I have the T-7 already, but am considering moving it to a Dillon Strong Mount and am going to order a Dillon 650XL soon with casefeeder which will also go on a strong mount. So, hoping for a few answers.....and any other info you want to throw out.

I'm thinking on the new setup the T-7 will be on the right, 650XL on the left, pair of Chargemasters in between them and some other goodies.

Main concern is the size of the 650XL, if I want it to sit so the machine is flush with the front of the bench on the strong mount(so a door could close over it), how deep does the bench need to be (would 18" work)? Also need to know what the overall height is from the bench top to the top of the casefeeder.

For those of you using a T-7 or 650XL on a standard 30-36" bench height, then a strong mount on top of that, are you sitting or standing when you reload? If sitting, I've got to imagine it's some sort of stool setup, a chair would put you to low to see and effectively work the equipment??

Lastly, what's the suggested clearance based on what I've told you? I'm thinking 1' to the left of the 650XL, 3' between the two machines for Chargemasters (or trimming tasks), then maybe 1' to the right of the T-7 (but could probably be a little less). So I need at least a 6' bench and 8' would be MUCH more ideal.

Thanks for anyone who can give me advice on the above and provide some footprint and height dimensions for the two presses on Strong Mounts.

Jason

Re: Need some input/dimensions from 650XL and T7 users

Jason,

I have both presses, and can get it to you later tonight. My counter height is 33" and I have the strong mount on the 650. I use it while standing. There's too much going on when loading on the 650, so I need to be mobile. I also use the auto case feeder, and can get you height and depth dimensions.

Anyone have pics of a T7 on the strong mount? I can't find the ones I've seen before.

And which strong mount for the T7??

Check with "rinsd" I am pretty sure he has his T7 and a Dillon on strong mounts. I wouldn't mind moving my Co-AX up if I had more room on my bench.