• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Needs Cleaning

Balor

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2013
Florida
Looking for a better way to clean the shoulder(s) or lugs that the bolt lugs slot into, anyone have a better way?

I treat all metal parts with FP-10 initially and nothing seems to stick or seize even when dry.
Lots of snake oil out there but that's the one I put my faith in.

Reactions: Balor
I generally take my barrel off to clean, so i use a round brush for the front of the lugs and inside of the action.

Reactions: Balor
I run a patch and rub the action with a patch. Done!
Yeah, this.

I’m just a silly ole hillbilly, and like shoot in’ more than OCDin’. My favorite Stiller action has well over 10,000 rounds on it. In addition to what @Shoots 700's does, I wipe the bolt down and occasionally put a light schmear of grease on the wear surfaces of the lugs. I know that there are competitors that have way more rounds on their actions than I do, but the only lug cleaning I do is the rare cleaning of lugs on my ARs.

Yeah, this.

I’m just a silly ole hillbilly, and like shoot in’ more than OCDin’. My favorite Stiller action has well over 10,000 rounds on it. In addition to what @Shoots 700's does, I wipe the bolt down and occasionally put a light schmear of grease on the wear surfaces of the lugs. I know that there are competitors that have way more rounds on their actions than I do, but the only lug cleaning I do is the rare cleaning of lugs on my ARs.

Same here. Christ, I'm still using Hoppes #9, lol.

Reactions: Stoweit and lash