• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Never been more PO'ed in my life!!!! I need help!

Re: Never been more PO'ed in my life!!!! I need he

Just gave the basterds a call, here's how the conversation went:
-Hello can I talk to the manager.
-yes
-Hello I am the manager, how may I help you?
-how does it feel to steal a Man's gun pan parts when he's fighting over sea's to keep you safe?
-What are you talking about?
-You stole a bolt and some other parts from someone that is busting their ass to keep you safe!!!! what type of jackass are you?
-Sir we did not steal his bolt and we are working on getting the parts to him.
-so then I told him, I suggest you do it fast because the story of this situation is posted on one of the most popular firearm forums on the net. and that couldn't be good for bussiness. and believe me you are going to be getting alot more calls!!!!
Then I said have a nice day jackass and hung up.

Everyone please call!!! all it can do is help, its not like they can sue you for calling and complaining.

I also called them. I asked to speak to the manager when a younger sounding lady answered. She said that she is the manager. I asked if they felt comfortable stealing a serviceman's rifle parts when he's overseas serving his country. She replied that she wasn't aware of the situaion. I replied "well then you are a shitty manager and that there are a ton of people on the internet that now know of their business practices of parting out customers rifles." I also followed with a shitty email. Hope that some pressure from members helps.

Thanks guys!
I'm contract now, not a service member anymore, but it sounds good anyway!
wink.gif

hey war dog that sucks man those are one of those things u just cant mess with a mans rifle, his women and his food, i called and got hung up on afte asking what was up with taking a mans bolt and rail, manage started with some fancy talk about 12 months this and that blah blah and i called him out on it not so nicely and he hung up so i hope ur situation gets rectified.

Keep calling War Dog needs a bolt and these faggots are getting off easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they need to suffer.

Re: Never been more PO'ed in my life!!!! I need help!

War dog,
Yep this 100% sucks, I am LE AND a FFL dealer in Ohio and I figured cops probably wouldn't touch this. You are taking steps to help protect others (BBB)which I thank you.
I think too that maybe a call to FN is in order, maybe you could get in touch with someone there that would care enough to send a letter or make a call to the dealer, as well I think a letter from a lawyer may help. Are there any signs posted or a policy in the place that says anything left over 30/90 days is subject to getting picked over or re-sold? If not I would document it, and document everything that you did in order to try to straighten the mess out in case it goes to court.
If this is a chain type store I would like to know if the dealer is local to SC then I will not need a PM.
BTW that is a cool pic!

Good luck I hope it all works out in the end for you.
Robb

We'll see how it pans out. Got a few $$ on standby for a different rifle if needed but I really wanted to build this one.

Hey Dog- I just talked to Mike and he seems to be cautiously optimistic that he is going to be able to get you the bolt you need.

Keep up with him--make sure you call back and check the progress. He is a really busy guy--and you know about the squeaky wheel.

E-

Posted on the shops message board:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is no way I would ever do business with any shop that allows their smiths STEAL parts from other customers guns. I am sure this is what happened, a smith needed a part and did not want to wait so he just grabbed the parts off a customer's gun that was already there.

The price of fitting a new bolt is going to cost the shop owner. It just depends on whether the shop is going to do the right thing or the wrong thing on how much it will cost them.

It has already started to make its way through the various message boards and forums on the internet. So far I have seen it on the boards with some of the largest users.

Only time will tell if the shop owner is a standup guy or a common thief.

Dolomite
</div></div>

Dolomite

Just tried calling but they are closed.

Good luck war dog! If half the members who use this board called twice I bet you would get some action.

Cool. I will call him back in a couple of days. if all else fails I can send it to FN for a few hundered and get a new one.

I am not so angery about the parts missing as I am just the lack of communications. I just wanted an honest effort to try and locate it. If it was gone, well, then it was partly my fault and I accept that. I just wanted someone to try. Not catch an attitude and refuse to help me even a little. I would be less mad even so, if they (Chuck, the asst man. at the time) had not agreed to hold it until I returned.

I got a line from a friend who just happens to be a Sniper for the Sheriff's dept and Ex-Army Special Forces Sniper who owns a shop here and trains all the SWAT guys that said I was not the first and will not be the last and they are pretty sure of who took the parts (Jon is the real deal, no bullshit with him). Some guy, ~100lbs over weight who works there, claims he is a certified military smith (whatever the hell that means)with Remmy, FN, HK, and so on,went to Army Special Forces, Delta, Navy Seal, and SWAT training all by the age of 30, stepped on a mine in Afgan and that's why he limps......turns out he put on his mall ninja tacticool gear and went to a rock quarry here and had someone take pictures and then he posted them on his myspace page saying that was him in the "shit". He actually broke his ankle when he tripped over a sandbag at the paintball field in North Charleston....no landmines there and miles away from Afgan........... and all I wanted was someone to help me out a little............!

Hey War Dog,
I have a Winchester long action that I got on an old rifle. I was going to save it for a 300WM build, but it sounds like you need it more than me, or at least sooner than me. It's an older action (built in '67, I think). It's in good shape. Just PM me if you want it. Maybe a dealer in your area will receive it.

CWJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robozebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey War Dog,
I have a Winchester long action that I got on an old rifle. I was going to save it for a 300WM build, but it sounds like you need it more than me, or at least sooner than me. It's an older action (built in '67, I think). It's in good shape. Just PM me if you want it. Maybe a dealer in your area will receive it.

CWJ

</div></div>

That's what makes you guys so great!!

I need short mag.....but tell you what, I will keep you in mind if this does not pan out and maybe I will buy it from you for a build. I have several guys looking and I will keep you up dated as to the progress.
Thank you so much!

Damn..

Wardog, the best of luck to you....

I believe we really do need to set up some donation deal with LL and all of snipershide..if this is wardog's only rifle, WE NEED TO GET THIS BOY SHOOTING!!!!

Message sent. Will be calling tomorrow when they are open. Gonna pass this along to others.

Good luck.

I strongly urge you guys to refrain from pissing off the shop until Dog has reached a dead end. As it stands it appears they are still doing something. Piss them off, and this will become personal, and NOTHING will get done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TehLefty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn..

I believe we really do need to set up some donation deal with LL and all of snipershide..if this is wardog's only rifle, WE NEED TO GET THIS BOY SHOOTING!!!! </div></div>

If that happens, count me in. The Lord was good to me this year and I did receive a few nice presents. I'd be more than happy to share.

Maxwell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TehLefty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn..

I believe we really do need to set up some donation deal with LL and all of snipershide..if this is wardog's only rifle, WE NEED TO GET THIS BOY SHOOTING!!!! </div></div>

No need. I have money stashed for a new bolt or a new/used rifle if that is the way I end up going if they do not resolve this. I'm more or less venting here. I am pretty sure they will not find it, but I would just like them to try, nothing more since I did end up having to leave it longer than I thought. That makes it some of my resposibility and I accept that. I would just like to get the bolt back so I do not have to re-head space and all that, if at all possible. I really only wanted an honset effort to locate it. Not to be ignored when I asked about it. A call or response to my email saying "hey, we are looking for it we will get back to you", and follow through, would have gone a long way to making me feel a little more warm and fuzzy.

you guys should check their guestbook.
EDIT: NVM they deleted my post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I strongly urge you guys to refrain from pissing off the shop until Dog has reached a dead end. As it stands it appears they are still doing something. Piss them off, and this will become personal, and NOTHING will get done. </div></div>

I do agree with 19Scout77. Seems they mentioned they were working on it, why not to me, I do not know, but let's wait and see what happens over the next couple of days. I just wish they would make some sort of effort to communicate with me. Pisses me off to be ignored.

After reading all of the post here, I have to wonder if this is the type of people that really need to have firearms. Seems that most are "hot headed" and quick to jump the blame gun. I have no intent to start a bashing game, nor do I have any intrest to the situation. I just want to play devils advocate to both sides here for a moment. (you can bash all you want for a newbie post. You cant hurt my feelings any.)

First, It seems that a rifle was shipped to a dealer roughly a year ago. Said rifle had to sit in storage (possibly in the way in some points) for an extended period of time. (by admission from war dog) Now, how many of us has had something laying around the house that we have moved from place to place, and has misplaced a piece of it? I know I have. This could be an honest mistake. But instead of handling this as mature adults, we resort to web bashing, and disruption of busieness. Honestly, do you think that everyone calling them will help find the bolt? I dont think so. Do you think that threatning with lawsuits will help either? I dont. With it being so hard now to keep our second amendment right, you hope to bash one of the few establishments that hold out to offer what you feel is the arms that you so feel that you are entitled too. No store is without its faults. You cant name one in the US that has not had employee theft. (theft by employees are in the top 5 losses in a company.) Was there safeguards that could have been improved to prevent this from happening? Yes. ON BOTH SIDES. It is stated on this forum that it was a verbal agreement between someone named "Chuck" and War dog. What happens when "Chuck" no longer works there? Did he let everyone know what the status was with said rifle? We dont know. The only contact we have with the people in the store is brief. Is it enough time to be able to call them criminals? If you answer is yes, what would someone who is just browsing here think of you? There is not enough information here to make an informed opinion of either party involved. Who was there to see all this first hand? None of us. I believe there will always be three sides to every story. Your side, My side, and then the absolute truth of the matter. Neither side will ever see the same thing. So with that said, we have to wonder what really happened. We are so quick to just jump out there and harass, accuse, and pretty much cause hate and discontent just on the word of someone on the internet. I dont know any of you that I know of, as none of you know me. So, would you take my word that I am a multi-millionare with a house in the keys? If you would, then you are naive. I am not a millionare. I am just some poor joe like yourself behind the keyboard. So, I propose that instead of making this into a hate forum,(yes, the anti-gunners do love to see us fight among ourselves. Gives them fuel to draw more anti-gunners to the polls.) Why dont we try to help the situation instead of compounding the issue. If we call, that takes someone away that might be looking for the bolt. If we mass produce bad publicity, we could drive away a shop, and then we lose access to firearms little by little. Google how many gunshops are closed every year by ATF. Look at how restrictive gun laws are becoming for us law abiding folks. Do we really need to help them by closing another one? 19SCOUT77 said it right. Too much and it becomes personal. Then both sides are pissing in the wind with the only thing acomplished is getting wet.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATP HAS JOINED THE PARTY!!!!!!

Yep, never said it was not partialy my fault, agreement or not. All I ask for is a little communication and an honest effort to find these parts(though, if it is thought by the owner that someone who works ther took it, it should be replaced or made right). Thing is, all parts were attached to the action, not loose in the box. They were removed. If it was in the way, why did no one call. My phone works all over the world. Arrangements could have been made. My number was right on the box. I have refrained from out right bashing, I have been level headed, but it comes to a point where a little bit of "communicate with the customer" would go a long way. I have spent several thousand dollars there and you would think that kind of loyalty would go somewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATP HAS JOINED THE PARTY!!!!!!
. </div></div>

yep....figured it would not be long. A phone call or email would have gone a long way, not ignoring me while I stood in their shop asking for someone to help......

I'm betting Low Light will lock this up pretty soon anyway. I just felt the need to vent because no one would help from the shop where I have been a good customer...........
frown.gif

gunrunner_sc, welcome to the hide.

I think all W-D-N wanted in the first place was some communication and someone at ATP to actually care like they gave a damn that he was missing parts of his rifle.

I think a read your post a couple of times now, it seems to have plenty of "you guys should cool it" and little to none of "we're working real hard to find his parts and we will make this right".

So, I guess my question is, are you planning on making it right?

I just sent the guy a message, told him that all he had to do is give you the amount for the bolt or the amount for shipping to FN if they will replace it for free. that would be a good start.

I just want to get this thing together and move on at this point. I just hate being ignored, I would almost have rather had them tell me to get out of the store and never come back than refuse to help me when I asked if they could look for the parts. LOOK, TRY.....that's all I ever asked for.

LOL what he sent me back!!!!:::
"I see that you like proving my point. You know nothing about me, nor can you say that I am a lying stealing ass. Before you bash me on my profile, Yours has SOOOOOOO much more info than mine. I offered my 2 cents on the topic, and it didnt agree with yours, so I must be from ATP. LMFAO."
By the way nemo, I dont see why LL would lock this, no real bashing and these d bags stole your gun. that is a official complaint.

I love it. Automatically, I must be from ATP because I do not have the same outlook on this as you do. As to answer the above questions, How can I possibly make this right? As I am not involved in his situation, I wouldnt know where to start other than contributing to the fund that was mentioned quite a few post back. Other than that, I am just a reg joe, that has been in the same situation as War dog. ( well, close situation.) At least his rifle wasnt sold as mine was. All I was doing was trying to get everyone to reflect on the attitude on which this is being shown. I am sure that once everyone steps back, and takes a deep breath, things will cool down, and get resolved. But if it continues to get out of hand, I can almost bet that nobody will win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunrunner_sc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love it. Automatically, I must be from ATP because I do not have the same outlook on this as you do. As to answer the above questions, How can I possibly make this right? As I am not involved in his situation, I wouldnt know where to start other than contributing to the fund that was mentioned quite a few post back. Other than that, I am just a reg joe, that has been in the same situation as War dog. ( well, close situation.) At least his rifle wasnt sold as mine was. All I was doing was trying to get everyone to reflect on the attitude on which this is being shown. I am sure that once everyone steps back, and takes a deep breath, things will cool down, and get resolved. But if it continues to get out of hand, I can almost bet that nobody will win. </div></div>

so when the ffl doing your transfer sold YOUR gun and refused to compensate you for it, what exactly did you do to resolve the issue? did you just let it go and consider it a lesson learned?

i think if you sat back and read the original post, nothing was getting resolved between the involved parties. i have a feeling with the way things grow on the internet, the dealer now will have a bit more motivation to make things right.

When mine was sold, I went to the dealer and explained the situation. The first person I spoke with was a regular sales person who really couldnt help me. Yes, this was aggravating to me because all I was looking for was my rifle. When I realized that he would be of no help, (wasnt because he was unwilling, he just wasnt able.) I spoke with a manager. They told me that they would look into it, and get back to me. I gave them a few days to see what they could find, and heard nothing. I went back to the shop, and again tried to resolve the issue. The manager told me that I would have to wait for the owner to come back into town, and he would talk to me to see what we could do. I spoke with the owner, and a few days later, I had a new rifle, that was just as good if not better than the one I bought online. If I would have pestered them, threatened them, they might have just gave me the money, but I would still have been out of a rifle. I did learn a valueable lesson there, since then, I dont let my transfers stay there overnight when they arrive. I call when I get the tracking notice, and proceed to go pick it up that day. I know that I am not there only customer, and sometimes mistakes are made.

I see where you are saying nothing was getting done, but then again, we only have one side of the story dont we? Sometimes perception is distorted by what we want right now rather that what we really want. They may have the motovation to do the right thing, or they may just get disgusted and stop altogether. In that case, more than Nemo loses. Gunshops here are hard to find, I would hate to lose another one.

it is true that we only have one side of the story. i'm no lawyer but if the op is making this whole thing up, i would think the gun store would have a serious defamation case against him. if his story is 100% factual, that gun shop deserves everything they have coming to them. i have seen things get ugly, very ugly for shady people thanks to internet wildfires.

I would have to agree. If it 100% fact, there is a major problem. I would ask that they both try to work it out before any fires are started. Fire has no concience, and not everybody that gets burned deserves it. I feel sorry for Nemo, I also feel sorry for the shop. Lets face it, Both have a hand in this mess. If Nemo is getting no satisfaction from the manager, why doesnt he try to go up the ladder to try to get results. Sometimes its a pain, but most of the time, it gets resolved.

I've had parts go missing from my transfer rifles handled by a local shop here - nothing as drastic as a bolt, but they did "misplace" a Spas 12 folding stock for several days and have blamed the disappearance of several sets of rings and bases on the person who sent the rifle.

Thieves are the worst. Piss poor integrity is the seed of every evil thing.

I have no dog in this fight, and I think the whole problem stinks. I have to commend Nemo on his unreal ability to maintain his cool in a way I myself wish that I could. In many ways many of us should review his actions as a model of behavior we should duplicate in ourselves, I wish for myself that I had more patience. I far too quick to fight, than to resolve as a man should....through reason, and patience.

Gunrunner_SC, you're trying too hard to pass yourself off as not being ATP, whether you are or not, I don't know, don't really care, but your mannerisms in your typing just screams "Hi guys, i'm with ATP". Couple that with a lack of creativity to dispell the 'myth' by using the state abbreviation in your screen name which is the same state as where this problem resides.

I sincerely hope that this issue does get resolved and all parties involved perhaps can sit down and talk like men about lessons learned, and devise means to prevent it from occurring again.

Gunrunner_sc, if you are in fact NOT ATP, I apologize, however perception in type is all we have to devise conclusions on the internet.

Branden

I live a few miles from ATP and the place is overpriced to go along with their horrible customer service. They do a very large volume of business and generally have half a dozen yahoos on duty at any one time. I would be more than willing to drop by and ask to speak to the thief in charge, but that is unlikely to be beneficial. Trader World, located on Cross County road, has better prices and very good employees that have worked there for years.

Wardog - like all the guys here I'm really sorry to hear about this case.

My only (to date) experience of litigation has been when a garage wrecked one of my cars whilst it was in for servicing. They came out with a whole story about a parts failure contributing so they were not liable.

Like you, I was calm, respectful and tried to sort out the issues amicably....THIS WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I MADE.

Unfortunately experience has shown me that the perpetrator (even if you have a long trading or business association) is liable to use this to thier advantage to avoid liability.

In the end I unravelled their bullshit thanks to the witnesses (including 4 LE officers from the local Police Trainng College who were on a driving excercise and directly behind the car when the accident happened) and independent engineers examination of the wreckage...but it took three years and the bastards only settled out of court two weeks before the hearing was due.

My advice FWIW....remain calm, respectful but take an immediarte stand...just as they gave you a "take it now or it goes back" ultimatum...set a deadline for them to put the matter right either by returning the original parts or parts to the same value/standard...or face the legal consequences.

In the end thay have more to lose than you if their reputation is sullied.

Hope it gets resolved easier and quicker than my experience.

HunterBear71 is correct in what he said but if your'e not satisfied then Carolina Rod and Gun is a great place and have always done me good. Best of luck to ya War-Dog-Nemo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunrunner_sc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see where you are saying nothing was getting done, but then again, we only have one side of the story dont we? Sometimes perception is distorted by what we want right now rather that what we really want. They may have the motovation to do the right thing, or they may just get disgusted and stop altogether. In that case, more than Nemo loses. Gunshops here are hard to find, I would hate to lose another one. </div></div>

Why on earth would you "lose" this gunshop? You sure seem to take a personal interest in this thread for someone insisting they have no part in it. Just sayin'...

CR&G...just in there and I do like the guys.

All in all....all that needs to happen is a little communication and some one needs to make and effort to locate the pieces...then contact me and let me know if they were found, if something can be done, or if I should go jump off a cliff....that's it....all I ever wanted!

Also.....It was stated by the "other" poster on this thread that I should go talk to someone in charge like the owner.....well let's see, he was called when I was in there (he was out), went no where, that's when I was told and I quote "it was what it was and that's the way I will have to take it. This is out of my hands", and then was promptly ignored when I tried to ask if someone would please try and look for it. I called and asked to speak to him, he was too busy to take my call. I left a message directly for him, no return call. I sent an email, no reply. Either he has no interest in speaking to me and trying to work it out or someone is intercepting my messages.......what's wrong with someone communicating with me? I have been more than nice and respectful throughout this and my messages and calls were polite.

What reason would I have to "make up" something like this? Is there really anyone (bet no one here) that would buy a barreled action for that much money and not get a bolt? There are always more than one, two, or possibly even three sides to every story, I do agree, but the fact is, the parts were there, the parts were removed, and the rifle is a usless chunk of steel without them. I do not care where they went, how they went, why they went or who the parts might have went to, I'd just like to get the right parts back on the rifle.... I believe that one other poster called and they said they were working to resolve this....although I have not heard a word......, that statement alone should let everyone know, this is not something "made up", they would not be working to resolve something not true. I have made several calls and sent several messages trying to locate a new or used bolt that I could buy. I would have nothing to gain by ranting and venting here and then buying a bolt out of my own pocket if this were some made up story. The first words out of my mouth when they sat the action on the counter was "where is the bolt?", then "where are the other parts?", then they bow up, catch an attitude and say, do you have a photo showing proff what he sent you and what it looked like.....well guess what dudes....I sure do.....

Let's face it, nothing will be resolved. The reason I see it that way: No one will call, or even just send me a message via email or post it here (we are not stupid). I have waited quite a few days (6) and no one will respond.

WDN, sounds like you have been patient enough, a lot longer than I could have ever. Time for the shitty shop to make things right.

I will say, I have not, and will not say bad things about them on a personal level, I actually like the owner, always done me right before, but whatever is going on in there that makes important parts just go missing is just not cool. I just don't know why this is so difficult, but I would just like to have my things made right. Be it by fixing this rifle or some other offer. I'm not looking to get over on anyone or get more than I have vested. Hell, I paid almost nine hundered big smackers for a barreled action that is completly worthless. They can't find the parts, fine, I'm a good guy, let's work out something. But, it all starts with a return phone call or reply to an email......

And yet another day is in the books (6:15 pm, close doors at 6:00 pm) and still no return call, no email, no fax, no bird with a note tied around its leg on my window, just nothing........called this afternoon and whoever answered hung up on me when I said my name.......could have been an accident.......it's just sickening though, I'm just not so optimistic they will find it.

I hope everything works out, things like this is why I drive 3 hours one way to my FFL/SOT and gunsmith. They have earned my trust and I'll drive for 6 hours to know someone has my back and my stuff will be right.

Got a message ( I was on the phone when they called) that they are "tearing apart the back room looking for it. Call them when I get a chance." They are closed now so I will touch base with them tomorrow. Seems like someone is trying!
smile.gif
We shall see!

man, best of luck to you i hope they find the bolt and rail. that just isnt rite. if my smith did that to me i would go ballistic. best of luck to you

War Dog,

Count me in on donating some money if you need it to get up & running......

Also, if they don't come through with the part & refuse to pay for the missing part....I'd start a letter writing campaign in the local paper & also speak with the news media about possibly doing a story. I bet the owner would get in touch with you in a New York minute when he looks out the window of the business & sees a TV reporter speaking into a camera in front of his store.......

I'm just saying......

I dont have a lot of mula to spare, but pm me an addy Ill send a check to help you get a rifle going!