• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Never been more PO'ed in my life!!!! I need help!

Re: Never been more PO'ed in my life!!!! I need he

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triplecelectric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait to find out what happens. </div></div>

Me either, but I will say this. I returned their call from last night as soon as they opened today. "We are still looking and we will call as soon as we find it", I said "please keep me informed". "We will and if we can not find it we will work something out" did not elaborate on this but "something".

So I will say it does appear that they are trying and going to do something (at least hopefully). I am easy to work with and easy to please, I just want to get shooting with this rifle or another before I end up out again and play time is over.

I do not know if any one person's call or email, or message alone helped get the ball moving more than another's but I would like to thank all of you guys that helped and showed interest in gettting me behind (straight behind...LL
smile.gif
)my rifle again. Thank you to all and I will post a final out come as I expect a resolution of some form within a day or two at the most........

whistle.gif
waiting, drumming fingers, looking at all the new builds posted today....#$@$#%$#^&%

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: War-Dog-Nemo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My father (left) just after being released from the hospital in Japan and Nemo preparing for transport back to the states.

http://www.uswardogs.org/id16.html
</div></div>

I just read that story - Damn you gotta choke back leaky eyes when you read it...

Here's to Nemo!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: War-Dog-Nemo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My father (left) just after being released from the hospital in Japan and Nemo preparing for transport back to the states.

</div></div>

I just read that story - Damn you gotta choke back leaky eyes when you read it...

Here's to Nemo!
smile.gif
</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: War-Dog-Nemo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Here's to Nemo!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Good book on WWII war dogs.

Always Faithful: A Memoir of the Marine Dogs of WWII - William W. Putney

Unless I'm mistaken one of the War Dog programs on the History Channel is based on this book.

I'd be livid, at least. That said, sounds like you probably are not going to find the parts.
But, I'd sure be enough of a pain they would remember me. Start nice, then move towards small claims court with photos, statements, etc.
An intelligent business man will not want the bad press. Today's corporations typically don't give a "darn."
Best wishes; the best revenge is living well!

Sounds like they are working on something for you. To be honest I would keep what say from here on out quick and too the point. I was threatened with a lawsuit a few years back when a local gun shop sold my rifle during an 8 day waiting period. I had filed the 4473 and was just waiting on the 8 days to expire, while the rifle(that I had transferred in to me) was sitting in the shop the shop sold it on me.

I made an accusation that I thought selling an already sold and signed for gun was in fact selling stolen property on another forum. Shortly there after recieved a phone call that I was going to be sued for internet lible.

In the end they got my rifle back from the original purchaser unfired, and I have it now --but not a cool scenario. Although they did in the end do right for me.

So walk easy my friend walk easy, had I seen this thread earlier I would have warned about even posting thier name on the net.

I hope this works out --and thank you for your service.

When I saw the complete rifle photo I got excited as I thought it worked out for you. Then I read the post. This sucks dude. I hope in the end everything will be ok. You are doing a good job by staying on top of everything. Keep up the good work, and it will pay off. Good luck.

We shall see. I am just going to wait and see..........all I ever asked for was someone to communicate and try to locate the missing parts and we shall go from there......got a funny feeling though...... If they come through, I will praise them up one side and down the other for doing things right.

To Gunrunner_SC (if you're still lurking here): in the posts WDN said the rifle was wrapped in plastic w/all parts accounted for, when he returned the rifle was opened with the bolt and rail gone... how in any way is this his fault? Someone took the time to open the box and plastic, inspect the rifle and say "Ima steal this shit". ATP is completely at fault here; they verbally agreed to hold (safeguard) his rifle while he was called OS, they should’ve taken the time to transfer it when he showed up in the first place, he was in before closing time, he should receive service. I can't count the number of times we locked the doors on our business at closing time to keep new customers from coming in after hours, but we never kicked anyone still in the store out if they were trying to conduct business.

WDN, best of luck. Hope things still turn out favorably for you. The only lesson learned here is not to deal with ATP again.

I am willing to think that they (meaning, present staff) may not have stolen any of the parts. Seems as if there has been quite a turn over and I would speculate there could have been some "mis-handling' of things. I am not accusing anyone of stealing. I just wanted someone to care and do their best. That being said, I did get a call today and the parts could not be found, so they asked me to bring in the rifle and they are sending it back to FN for a new bolt I am happy with that. They are doing what they can to make it right and I do praise them for that. Over the past 3 days, everyone has been very polite and wanting to work it out, all calls have been answered and they have kept me informed. As it stands now I will still do buisness with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: War-Dog-Nemo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am willing to think that they (meaning, present staff) may not have stolen any of the parts. Seems as if there has been quite a turn over and I would speculate there could have been some "mis-handling' of things. I am not accusing anyone of stealing. I just wanted someone to care and do their best. That being said, I did get a call today and the parts could not be found, so they asked me to bring in the rifle and they are sending it back to FN for a new bolt....if FN can get together a bolt (CT plant is suposedly closed where these were built so...??... we will see what FN says). I am happy with that. They are doing what they can to make it right and I do praise them for that. Over the past 3 days, everyone has been very polite and wanting to work it out, all calls have been answered and they have kept me informed. As it stands now I will still do buisness with them. </div></div>

And all it took was a few friends from the hide calling in for you and maybe a tip off to the shop w/ a link to this thread w/ over 3000 views on one of the biggest gun forums on the net. lol I hope it works out for you man.
-Felipe

Glad to hear its starting to work out for you. In my experience, as long as you are talking to the people with the authority to make decisions, most businesses will make things right when given the opportunity. Your case seems to have taken a little longer and a little more arm twisting, but better late than never. Good luck with the final resolution enjoy the (hopefully) completed gun.

I wouldn't cut ATP any slack, and definitely wouldn't do any business with them after this gets resolved - at least not based on what I've read on this thread.

1. ATP never contacts WDN in the first place to let him know the rifle has been received by their shop ...

2. ATP refuses to transfer the rifle to WDN because it's "too close to closing time" and asks him to come back later ...

3. WDN gets shipped over seas for an indefinite amount of time, but asks ATP to hold the rifle until he gets back. ATP 'gladly' obliges, and sets aside a completely packaged, well labeled and boxed rifle that should be SIMPLE to keep together and keep track of ...

4. WDN finally gets to pick up the rifle, and it's been completely unwrapped and critical parts are missing. ATP (in a nutshell) says "this is it, take it or leave it" ... they make no attempt (initially) to even try to find the missing parts, or even acknowledge that they existed in the first place ...

5. After lots of phone calls, emails, trips back and forth to ATP's shop - all of this done by WDN, Hide members, and possibly others - ATP finally decides to at least start to look for the parts, even though they have to know that they've been pilfered by someone and are not in the shop ...

6. On and on, here we are now ... and WDN still doesn't have what is rightfully his.

Customer service is NOT something that happens when you have to threaten the company/shop ... it's something that happens because treating the customers with dignity and respect is something you just do. ATP obviously doesn't give a damn about WDN or his rifle outside of the "bad press" they seem to realize they've gotten because of this thread.

WDN ... once this is all over - however it turns out - that you tell ATP to stick it up their ass, and make sure you continue to tell everyone about this experience with them so that they can know what they too might have to go thru if they use ATP's services ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: War-Dog-Nemo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am willing to think that they (meaning, present staff) may not have stolen any of the parts. Seems as if there has been quite a turn over and I would speculate there could have been some "mis-handling' of things. I am not accusing anyone of stealing. I just wanted someone to care and do their best. That being said, I did get a call today and the parts could not be found, so they asked me to bring in the rifle and they are sending it back to FN for a new bolt....if FN can get together a bolt (CT plant is suposedly closed where these were built so...??... we will see what FN says). I am happy with that. They are doing what they can to make it right and I do praise them for that. Over the past 3 days, everyone has been very polite and wanting to work it out, all calls have been answered and they have kept me informed. As it stands now I will still do buisness with them. </div></div>

That CT plant was the WInchester New Haven factory - all operations are now in South Carolina, so a proper bolt should be available from the FNH/SC facility.

Good luck and glad it seems to be turning around.

I have a different take, since they did hold the rifle - anyone knows that if you leave something - someone somewhere will walk off with it.

Had a motorcycle left in a shop and when I finally got it back half the engine was missing - the half I wanted FIXED, one wheel, and some levers.

SO if he gets it back intact it'll be a good deal, I would have pulled it out of the shop when I got notice I had to leave only because this has happened to me before...there may be a former employee that grabbed it on his way out, hard to say.

Bottom line is that it already happened so the future is what the future is based on the present actions.

Still waiting on FN, or the shop, hell if I know now.

I have a major stock pile of 30-06 ammo so I am going to try and build myself a hvy barreld 06 for the heck of it. Always wanted one so I might as well. I was going to try and just slap it together real quick but I do not see that working out. I just think I will take my time and build a nice rifle instead of some thrown together POS.

If I may recap on the whole thing to make sure I have this correct? You bought a receiver with bolt, barrel, mounts, ect. The gun store you had it shipped to was where you could fill out the FFL / 4473 to do your back ground check and show that that weapon has changed hands and its now yours. The gentleman you made the deal with got his money, and you may or may not have had to pay the store for its transfer service for them to just log the weapon in, call NICS, complete your background check and then log the weapon out. You have picture(s) showing what the receiver had on it when it was sent and you would be able to fill out an affidavit of witness stating that the parts were there when it came in, before you had to leave to do your job. Humor me please I know you dont live where I do but.
I would have to say that you have a Theft case. Here in Ohio I would charge it under Theft Beyond Implied Consent. 1 the gun store has to log the weapon in within I think its 12 hrs as per the ATF. They also have to keep a log of when it came in, who signed it in and most likely who logged the weapon in. 2 you find out who was working at the store when it was logged in. The ffl/4473 just ensures that you are able to own the fire arm and updates as to who now owns it and has the clerk signature verifying that the weapon/part with the serial number on it mathces up and that he called it in to NICS ect.The thief is ultimatley liable for criminal charges and restitution as so requested by the prosecutor and ordered by the Judge. If the parts missing are above 500.00 its a F-5 if its below that its a M-1 here in Ohio. I am sorry that this happened to you and be safe over seas.
Respectfully submitted by the FNG.

Tis done! Everyone smile
smile.gif

I am, at least on the inside!

Now I need to find the biggest meanest L/E dude in Lyons, MI to go find my AWOL 17 year old daughter and kick her square in the ass, all the way back to Charleston...........all you dudes out there, do not allow your daughters to grow into teenagers, trust me!!! Sacrifice is much less painful!

My little girl is 3 right now. I am hoping when she gets older really cool badass weaponry in the house will deter the guys with bad ideas.

Damn bro, That shop screwed me bout a year ago on a pistol trade in big time. I hate those phukrs! Best of luck and as I said earlier if you need a stick to run I have a loaner for ya!

Hey War-Dog, I've been kinda following your misfortunes.. when you said Tis done, did you mean you got some kinda resolution?

As for the teenage girl... that's the mother of all overwatches :} I dont have any kids, but i have a niece that I helped raise, and she is more of a lil sister to me. As she grew up into the rebellious and noticing guys stage...... I grew into the quiet, omniscient, psychotic, protective uncle :} I've had... conversations with a few guys, and cursed her out as well. supposedly we were all little hellions at that stage, so i guess its a vicious cycle

Oh, Mclovinguns, although I know what u meant, 2 things wrong bud. #1, as much as she'll always be daddy's little girl, and daddy's angel, she is gonna be able to play you like a fiddle, and its not always the guys you gotta worry about.. i speak from personal experience... and #2, those badass weapons are nothing more than tools, no worse than a hammer, or axe. Its the guy behind the tools you gotta worry about :}~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: War-Dog-Nemo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tis done! Everyone smile
smile.gif

I am, at least on the inside!

Now I need to find the biggest meanest L/E dude in Lyons, MI to go find my AWOL 17 year old daughter and kick her square in the ass, all the way back to Charleston...........all you dudes out there, do not allow your daughters to grow into teenagers, trust me!!! Sacrifice is much less painful! </div></div>

What the hell is she doing up here... Lyons is about an hour drive from here.... Glad the gun issue was resolved, however that was ha

Fill us in on the resolution when you get a second, how it worked out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fill us in on the resolution when you get a second, how it worked out. </div></div>

+1