• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW 2012 Honda FOREMAN

SAKOstalker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2004
USA
got a new quad
Seriously considered the 420 rancher with PS, and the yamaha grizzly 550 but got a:
2012 Foreman 500 (actually 475cc) 4wd with power steering and manual shift (foot)
I didnt want stock tires so I ordered 26" Maxxis bighorns and added honda aluminum a-arm guards

I didnt want any belts and love honda reliability, i know they arent the most powerful but for hunting and trail riding they work well
FOREMAN THE GOOD:
-Power steering is awesome, effortless
-love the new electronic fuel injection
-EZ starts thus far
-manual shift works smoother than it did on my rancher
-love the gauge, all the information
-powerful engine and smoother operation than the 329cc rancher I had
-seems to run/idle a little smoother, quieter than the rancher
FOREMAN The Bad:
-plastic skid plate? my rancher was metal
-plastic brush guard? mines already scratched up as is my skid plate.
-no option for front Differential LocK although some say lightly pumping the front brake will send power to both front wheels
- plastic on body scratches easily
- dont know how much more "power" i really get over the 420 rancher when I factor in the heavier weight of the Foreman. I know the gearing is a little different but i assume the rancher is quicker
- no IRS option
- drum brakes in the back, not disc

I might add a HONDA aluminum skid plate as I did with the A-Arms

I went on trails mainly and the BH's performed flawless. I crossed a small creek and didnt use 4wd. I did use it climbing a decently steep hill in 1st gear and it did it so much easier and less scary than when i had the rancher...

The BH's are awesome looking. Mine are at 5psi right now and i might lower them. 26" is a sweet spot on the stock rims. I dont feel like the power was really robbed compared to when i rode the stock tires. Nothing i noticed...
ALthough i wouldnt say they are a "MUD" tire, im sure they will go through any mud i do because i dont go "MUDDIN'." I wanted a durable, all around tire...

i love 4wd and alothough i didnt need it yet, i used it in spots that i had more difficulty with my 2wd rancher and it was effortless...

foremanfrontb-1.jpg

foremanside-1.jpg

foremanfront-1.jpg

foremansideb-1.jpg

Re: NEW 2012 Honda FOREMAN

What width and rim size are the tures

Think the 26 " would clear on a rancher

As another guy with a 03 Foreman 450s and Rincon 680, I use the Foreman for all the hard work. I'm looking to get rid of the Foreman 450s for the new 500. You just made me want it that much more.

Good decision on not going with the Rancher. I have a 2007 model and have to front/rear differential seals in it regularly. According to some Honda fans, it's a design flaw with the motor mounts.

Might be fixed on the new 420's but I won't be buying another one anytime soon.