• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AI PSR AICS????

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I saw a picture of Scott Seigmund holding an all tan AICs that was the AX style with the PSR buttstock. It was marked USMC M40 on it, but I was curious if they are coming out with a new AICS style to match the PSR? I wonder if they will release the new style buttstock. Id love to throw one of those on my AX.

I got this pic from shooting reviews.com

I'd read in the new Sniper magazine that the PSR folding stock is going to become standard on future AX rifles however I imagine this might filter down to chassis systems too.

If you like the look of the PSR, you might want to check out the Dual Strike chassis by Cadex. Strike 30 - Drake Associates Inc.

It's not a PSR, but it is available now as opposed to 2, 3, or more years down the road.
cadex is nice but at that price point, i wouldn't. Cadex is proud of their stuff but there are too many other chassis around 900-1300 that do the same stuff for less money.

I love the feel of my Cadex, but would I buy it again...I doubt it. Chris at Drake was fine to deal with but the main selling point for me was the interchangeable magwells, that Cadex doesn't want to sell. It is cool having something that nobody else at the range has or even knows about but my AX chassis was half the money and I feel a tougher piece. If/when in 3 years AI sells the PSR AX chassis I bet it will be $2200 or better.

That's my view as well. but then again I own 3 AX chassis and obviously have found my match.
Had the AX not fit me so well (after adjusting all of its options) I still wouldn't be looking at the Cadex. To each his own though.
Hell I bought a Barrett 89B, talk about a company that is proud of their offering!

cadex is nice but at that price point, i wouldn't. Cadex is proud of their stuff but there are too many other chassis around 900-1300 that do the same stuff for less money.

Last edited:
The only chasis that I found that I really do like is the Cadex chassis. But at the price point I'm not so sure it's worth the money. The AICS AX is close but just isn't quite there for me yet. I do love the PSR chassis but AICS doesn't sell just the chassis and I would rather have my own built rather than just buy the PSR. I think if AICS sold the PSR chassis or at least make the butt stock on the PSR and option on the AX then I would buy that when I am ready to build one. Though I really would just prefer the PSR chassis.

But until then, then choice isn't made as to which chassis I will get yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. That you can use different size magazines and/or from different manufacturers, i.e., other than the AI standard? Can you clarify?

The magwell bolts onto the chassis. So my long action 300 win rifle I could change the bolt and barrel and make a 308, swap the magwell and use regular AICS mags. They also have an option for a 338 Lapua magwell, I never got an answer if that was for the CIP length mags though. I would think it might be because there isn't any difference on the mags from 300 win to the 338 other that feed lips. I had talked myself into the being ok with the price because I could in theory have a PSR style rifle for a reasonable cost. At least if they ever start selling the magwells I have the chassis and can go that way when the time comes. In my opinion the Cadex is the more comfortable chassis for me between it and the AX. I personally hate the grip size/shape on the AX and length of pull is a little too short for me. Also without the adjustable butt pad on the AX when I go prone the bottom point of the pad digs into the little corner between my collarbone, shoulder, and pec, its just enough to get to me after a day of shooting.

There is room in the market place for this or the Remington RACS but it is vaporware at the moment, I would build something with the RACS if they ever get around to selling them.

I really liked the looked of the RACS but I agree they are vaporware -- at least currently. I didn't know AI was considering putting out a PSR chassis (or at least a PSR upgrade for the AX chassis). But again, who knows when that's going to hit the market? So a few weeks back I made the splurge with Chris @ Drake Associates and I'm patiently -- OK, not so patiently -- waiting for the chassis and the other components to arrive so I can finally shoot, er, I mean ship them off to a 'smith so I can wait some more. :-(

On the Cadex chassis the base is removable to provide access to the trigger. Is that what you mean by detachable magwell? I don't think it's meant to be so that you can change calibers on the rifle though.

On the Cadex chassis the base is removable to provide access to the trigger. Is that what you mean by detachable magwell? I don't think it's meant to be so that you can change calibers on the rifle though.

When I ordered the Strike 33 chassis there were 3 options 338, 300win, and 308(SA) for the magwell in the long action chassis. I hoped to at least get the 308 but we'll see, I haven't quite given up hope yet. I decided to inlet the AX chassis for a Badger action, and hopefully soon the actions will be approved and shipped.

Any update on the chassis or the USMC link. I like the AX but prefer the PSR version but don't need the full kit. I would build off of that chassis possibly if soon available with remmy or badger 2013. Being a former jarhead I am interested to see if the USMC is also looking at these hence one found being marked as such. Does anyone have any newer info? Jeff.

I don't think so, i's the same exact color as the PSR model and the butt pad is even a different color than all the rest.

The PSR grip is tan, the Surgeon in the picture is black. Could be the photography, but the chassis in the picture looks very shiny and more bronze colored than the plastic. IIRC, the PSR rifles look really dull and flat and more closely match the skins. But that doesn't mean that AI doesn't have a new chassis color going out to surgeon.

Here's one I had for a few weeks working up loads.
All in all, the whole setup ( case, barrels, ect..) is about 90 pounds. Pleasure to shoot just not transport !!

349DF809-2017-45BB-A9A3-FCE2903D8229-4579-00000288D0528941_zpsfc8312e8.jpg

8F53CBF4-8956-4B9C-9D4A-EC73C466F3C1-4579-00000288E7EDC84F_zpscd31a9b9.jpg

C5775F9C-2E1A-42B6-8A06-B761B08F9EF3-4579-0000028A93C94D28_zpsba141bf9.jpg

8A853A9B-1499-44F7-AC08-6BEE8E923609-4579-00000288C689F0E4_zps54e9b59e.jpg

null_zpsea96ff6d.jpg

Here's one I had for a few weeks working up loads.
All in all, the whole setup ( case, barrels, ect..) is about 90 pounds. Pleasure to shoot just not transport !!

349DF809-2017-45BB-A9A3-FCE2903D8229-4579-00000288D0528941_zpsfc8312e8.jpg

8F53CBF4-8956-4B9C-9D4A-EC73C466F3C1-4579-00000288E7EDC84F_zpscd31a9b9.jpg

C5775F9C-2E1A-42B6-8A06-B761B08F9EF3-4579-0000028A93C94D28_zpsba141bf9.jpg

8A853A9B-1499-44F7-AC08-6BEE8E923609-4579-00000288C689F0E4_zps54e9b59e.jpg

null_zpsea96ff6d.jpg

[MENTION=43855]Aimsmall55[/MENTION]
Just curious. When you changed barrels, did you have to re-zero? Thanks. And yes, you're very lucky to have played with the real thing!

ashbury chassis is also nice but I REALLY like the grip how you can adjust the angle and distance from the trigger and how it feels and thats why I want one

[MENTION=43855]Aimsmall55[/MENTION]
Just curious. When you changed barrels, did you have to re-zero? Thanks. And yes, you're very lucky to have played with the real thing!

The only real "changing dope" was 1 moa up with the 175 smk .308 barrel at 100 yards. The win mag and the .338 were VERY close. Close enough to not have to change it.
On another note, while always vertically close, due to the barrel not having a locking mechanism, there was always a little bit of horizontal change. Wasn't a biggy, unless your a Sniper. Overall it was EXTREMELY pleasant to shoot and play with. Barrel swaps were about 6 minutes once you got the hang of it.
Another thing I decided was I would go with one individual rifle for each caliber. There was simply too much stuff to tote around and the chances of losing a part were pretty damned good if you got in a hurry.

Yes I'm aware it's fde, the dark accents looks like patriot brown by my research, might replicate the look on a aics viperskins build