• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New AICS Borka MG3-SRA Kit comming in October.

AtOne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
Kitsap,Wa.
The new AICS MG3-SRA kit will include everything you need to take care of your rifle plus a completely custom made hex bit for fitting through the AICS trigger housing so that you can use the Borka tool to torque your action to the chassis ! The bit works on both action and butt stock screws and fits fantastic.

11he24w.jpg

The bit came about after I posted some pictures of my AICS stripped down so that I could use the Borka tool to torque with, you can see the thread here.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2473250#Post2473250

Boris has worked relentlessly coming up with the ideal bit to work with the AICS and the Borka torque driver and I've been the fortunate one to help test them all
smile.gif

We started with just a straight 3/16th hex bit but found that with the angle of the skins it was binding on opposite ends of the trigger housing and would actually make the skins separate as you turned the bit.
He then went to work on six other prototypes over the last few months, each of which was tested for function and fit and a detailed review with pictures was sent back to him with the results.
After all this effort we finally have the Borka AICS hex bit to be packaged in the new AICS MG3-SRA kit.

ncij2e.jpg

Note the bit shown is the last prototype made. The production bit varies a little but functions even better.

This has been a long fun road to get to where we are and its been fantastic to go down it with Boris !
He works tirelessly to fine tune things so that their just right, I know we've had well over 70 emails back and forth to develop this and one night after I had emailed him around 11 P.M west coast time I woke up and had emails from him through the night lol.

Thanks again Boris for all the effort and great products !

Re: New AICS Borka MG3-SRA Kit comming in October.

i would like one

First, I would like to give a well deserved credit to Eric (aka AtOne on SH) for his extremely valuable participation in this project. Eric and I were able to develop this AICS custom bit much faster and, I believe, with higher degree of design optimization than it typically happens, as we've cooperated more like an interested individuals and not as corporations. He got AICS based rifle, related knowledge and good will, and I got the rest. It certainly worked out to our own advantage, and I hope, will work to the advantage of AI fans, who should soon be able to purchase MG3-SRA kit, which is even more "AICS friendly". Estimated availability of this MG3-SRA kit with AICS bit included is October of 2011, if everything is on schedule... A relatively small price increase for MG3-SRA kit is expected to take place, due to addition of this custom bit.

These kits will be available from Borka Tools and authorized dealers, who are currently selling MG3-SRA kits. All dealers will be promptly notified in advance when updated MG3-SRA kits with AICS bit become available.

Second, upon completion of extensive evaluation and testing, done by Eric, AICS custom bit is now in the initial stages of production, and is expected to be manufactured in sufficient quantity, which should also make it possible for the current owners of MG3 and MG3-SRA kits to purchase it separately. I'll be making related offer to SH members in Group Buy section of SH. In addition, interested Borka Tools dealers will be able to purchase these bits for re-sale to their customers.

Third, USPS shipping/packaging charges for this bit are really small, estimated to be around $1.25-$1.50, so, realistically, there will be very small difference between purchasing the kit with the AICS bit already included as opposed to purchasing the current MG3-SRA kit configuration without the bit, and adding this bit at the later time.

As I've mentioned above, bits will be produced in relatively large quantity, and it is much more likely that I'll be experiencing certain delays in deliveries of other MG3-SRA kit components, which unfortunately happens from time to time, and causes temporary interruptions in product availability, before running out of these AICS bits.

To conclude, I would like once again to thank Eric for his extremely productive guidance and material contribution to this project, and specifically, for his very fast and detailed responses. I hope that introduction of this AICS custom bit will allow current and future owners of AICS based rifles to free themselves from the need to look for the appropriate tools, highly optimized for servicing of these excellent rifles.

Boris

That's an excellent innovation, Boris. Thanks to you and to Eric for the work on this new offering!!

Looking forward to the new bit. It's about impossible to find a single long 3/16" hex bit socket locally: then to order one results in the shipping cost roughly doubling the cost of the hex bit itself...

--
George

Here's the link to a unlisted Youtube video I did of the whole kit in action to give you an idea of whats included and how it works if your not familiar with Borka tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JSCvpU5RKA

The video was tougher than I thought it would be to do. I give huge props to Lowlight for making it look so easy when really its not lol.
We'll be working on fine tuning the video before the release of the new kit to shorten it up and add more inset info but figured the Hiders should have a first look at how it works and functions.
Btw when watching the video using the two handed method is not as difficult as I made it look, I was trying not to block the camera and had a horrible angle on it.

Thanks for the kind words also
wink.gif

Eric,

Thanks a lot for the link to your video.

I already talked to Eric about using his video as a basis for another video, to be avaiable shortly on Youtube for public viewing, and dedicated to use of MG3-SRA kit for servicing of AI rifles, and he kindly agreed to share his work with Borka Tools.

Manufacturers of precision rifles are very welcome to contact Borka Tools, if they are interested in compact tool kits optimized for servicing their products, provided as a standard or optional component of their weapon systems. At this time, Brock&Norris of U.K. and Grande Armeria Camuna of Italy supply Borka Tools torque driver kits with their custom rifles. I would certainly welcome Accuracy International as a customer, with consideration that most of the work has been already done thanks to the pro-active attitude of one of their loyal customers. In any case, I'm happy to deliver something of additional value to AI products users and will continue to do so as fast as I can.

boris, how much just for the extension?

Triad will be stocking the new kits and the replacement bits as soon as they are available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlouie87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">boris, how much just for the extension?
</div></div>

Not sure yet, as I need to account for all costs involved, but it will be certainly less expensive than high quality general purpose extra long hex bit socket, which typically sells for around $8-$12 + shipping, if you can find it... Such hex bit socket works, but it is much longer than needed, which may sometimes cause tool stability issue. Borka AICS bit is specifically designed and tested to fit and work with AICS action screws, is made from S2 alloy hardened to specs and has optimized length and shank diameter to match AI stock.

But my wild guess at this time that retail price of this custom bit may be somewhere between $6.00 and $7.00, and probably less (per bit) for pack of several bits, if such pack proves to be a good idea to offer...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triad will be stocking the new kits and the replacement bits as soon as they are available. </div></div>

Steve and I were also communicating in regard to AICS specific bit, and he advised me on certain aspects of this idea, and naturally, I'm very grateful to him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Selva</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want one, so you are selling please let me know </div></div>

When I have them, I plan to run a short term group buy, in hopes of getting feedback from SH members, which, for me, is always a very valuable source of info.

Interested Borka Tools dealers are expected to be the primary source for these AICS bits for customers who would like to purchase them separately.

Borka Tools custom made AICS bits just arrived. This bit will be offered as an included component of multi torque driver kits, and also, is planned to be sold separately in retail packaging. Borka Tools dealers will be supplied with upgraded kits and retail packaged bits within the nearest weeks.

Price increase for the kit with AICS bit included is $5.

Everybody interested in purchasing the retail version of AICS bit should be able to do this in the nearest future.

Borka AICS-SH.JPG

Excellent news, Boris. Thanks again for the update and your continued support of the membership here! I'll be in line for the AICS bit when they become available.

MG3-SRA with AICS bit included is called MG5, with MG5 retail price of $130. If you see MG3-SRA (or MG5) being offered for sale for $125 instead of $130, it means that these kits do not include AICS bits. Complete switch from MG3-SRA to the new configuration of MG5 may take a few weeks, so if you have doubts which kit is which, compare prices ($5 difference), carefully read product description or simply ask the vendor.

I just ordered one earlier this week and got it today! Fast as hell shipping. Wish that I would ahve seen the option off the site? oh well. Give me an excuse to order more stuff!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Update:</span> MTD-15x72-12FS-MG5 kit, aka <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">MG5</span></span>, is now available for purchase from Borka Tools.
MG5 kits and certain quantity of retail packaged AICS bits were also shipped to <span style="font-weight: bold">Triad Tactical </span>and <span style="font-weight: bold">Mile High Shooting Accessories</span>. <span style="font-weight: bold">Rifles Only</span> also will be offering MG5 combined with TAB GEAR pouch in camo pattern. Other Borka dealers are being informed about availability of the new products.

MG3-SRA-W.JPG

That is good to hear!!!

I have been happy with the 2 other torque drivers I got from you and am looking for just such a bit.

Heltsley,

Please check with Steve (Triad Tactical) early next week, I believe he is already set up to sell retail packaged AICS bits.

Boris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new bits and kits have arrived and are ready for order:

http://www.triadtactical.com/MISC-Shooting-Gear/ </div></div>

Is shipping really $9.25 or will it be adjusted after checkout?

Update:

Borka Tools AICS action screws bit was recently tested by Stacey from Mile High Shooting Accessories. According to his observations, it works real good for what it was designed for - <span style="text-decoration: underline">original (legacy) AICS stocks with AI and Viper skins</span>.

However, this bit was not originally designed to work with just recently released new AX stock skins, for which AI chose to have smaller access hole for rear action screw. So, if you happen to have AX stock, please be aware that this bit is not suitable for torqueing action screws <span style="text-decoration: underline">with AX skins attached</span>, but can certainly be used with skins removed.

Boris

We have the MG5 kits, MG5 w/AICS bits and the AICS bits separately all in stock currently. Feel free to pm, email or call to place your order and make sure you mention you are a hide member, LE or military for applicable discounts please. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Video is made by AtOne:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JSCvpU5RKA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JSCvpU5RKA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>