• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

"new and updated AWB" summary

ugadeer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2009
Athens, GA
i looked for this on here but if its a repeat post i apologize

here's the summary of feinsteins newest version of the AWB straight from her site

Summary of AWB to be put on House Floor Jan 3

here's the NRA/ILA summary

NRA summary, same bill

not real sure how they would actually "enforce" the registration of all firearms "grandfathered" in

they are going for all the nuts and bolts in this one

if you haven't already done so, please make your/our voice heard in every place you go and especially to your elected officials whether you like them or not, call, write, do what you can

Re: "new and updated AWB" summary

The bill includes increased funding for the BATFE for the implementation of registration and confiscation. Then they will systematically start with ranges looking for people using the newly illegal weapons. They can also use the authorities under the Patriot Act to electronically search emails, text messages, phone calls, financial transactions, etc... for evidence of such weapons; with a nice long list of names and addresses to begin searching. The software alreay exists, it's just a matter of data management.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://m.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172661/-How-to-Ban-Guns-A-step-by-step-long-term-process
</div></div>

Yeah, I wouldn't take the ignorant opinion of anybody on DailyKOS, especially somebody who ignores the US Constitution as well as precedent-setting SCOTUS rulings.

The author's violence-free utopia simply doesn't exist...

Trial balloon. Let's see if it floats and we'll go from there.

We have our heads pretty far up our asses if we don't think our "high powered sniper rifles" aren't next.

It's actually a very smart proposal on their part because it covers many of the loop holes of the 94' ban, but does not go so far as to sound overly restrictive to the scared non-gun sheeple. They've also worded it to make it sound like the only guns they are trying to restrict are evil "assault" weapons. Notice in the bullet points (all anyone is going to read or report about) they don't really tell you what those 120 banned by name guns are, they don't really get into the list of features that it only takes 1 of to ban a weapon, and they don't really tell you how it's going to affect "grey" area items. For example it says they will ban any gun capable of taking more than a 10 round detachable magazine.

Does that mean every handgun that can currently take a higher capacity than 10 rounds will be banned, or will they go back to the 94' method of allowing manufactures to simply provide only 10 round "blocked" magazines? Two very different results from the same general statement.

The non-gun (un)reasonable person reads it and goes, "hey why do you need more than 10 rounds?, do you really need a military assault weapon? They aren't confiscating your hunting/target guns just asking you to simply register the evils ones to keep track of them. They are still letting people buy tons of other guns, so it's not a total ban" They are only "banning" 120 guns (by name specifically) but letting the majority of 900 guns still be unregulated"

I also think it's a trial run, propose it, get feedback and modify, it could be a bargaining point, maybe they end up with only half of those things.

Also I'd be willing to bet the really damaging stuff is buried in that bill proposal that is not being talked about in the talking points/summaries. There also appears to be (at least that I could find) no draft version of the whole bill available yet, so all anyone is getting is the summary to review.

Anyone have a link to the Text of her bill, the way I'm reading bits and pieces it don't look good.

Like changing from three to one of the items making a rifle an assault rifle. Bayonet Lugs.

Does that mean my 1898 Krag, M1917, 1903a3, Garand. (My carbine is already listed as a future AW. I'll assume my 1876 Remington Rolling block would be exempt even though it has a bayonet lug.

And funding ATF, the way I read that, I'm gonna have to get a $200 stamp for the above rifles, plus my ARs M1A,FAL.

I'd sure like to read the text of her bill. Seems to me instead of preventing crime, its going to create millions of criminals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trial balloon. Let's see if it floats and we'll go from there.

We have our heads pretty far up our asses if we don't think our "high powered sniper rifles" aren't next.</div></div>

There's no good reason you'd ever need to shoot that far. IT'S FOAR THE CHILDRUN!!!!!111

wink.gif

Guys, maybe someone on here can help by attaching or opening a new topic with "The effeciency of militia bill H.R. 11654". I can't do it as I am posting from my crappy phone at the hunting camp. This bill also know as "The Dick act of 1902" completely and fully restricts any weapons ban of any kind and the bill CANNOT be repealed. Please help by posting a link to the bill and send it to everyone you can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: herro prease</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trial balloon. Let's see if it floats and we'll go from there.

We have our heads pretty far up our asses if we don't think our "high powered sniper rifles" aren't next.</div></div>

There's no good reason you'd ever need to shoot that far. IT'S FOAR THE CHILDRUN!!!!!111

wink.gif
</div></div>

THIS.

Im guessing that from the volume of recent sales not a lot of folks are interested in compliance. This should get interesting. Quickly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im guessing that from the volume of recent sales not a lot of folks are interested in compliance. This should get interesting. Quickly.</div></div>

This bill would make a lot of people felons overnight. Even if everyone went to register a firearm, I don't think BATFE would be able to handle the volume of applications.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im guessing that from the volume of recent sales not a lot of folks are interested in compliance. This should get interesting. Quickly. </div></div>

But were they new to firearms, or were they merely defiant gun owners who decided to hock Granny's dentures to buy one more EBR while they still could?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E. Bryant</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://m.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172661/-How-to-Ban-Guns-A-step-by-step-long-term-process</div></div>

Reading through the comments was actually encouraging - that jackass got lit up by his fellow liberals. </div></div>

nothing anyone can say really encourages me....the only thing that will stop what is coming for our country is if the leo and military stand down and stop following orders that are unconstitutional -- but that wont happen -- it has never happend in history -- and the US leo dont do it now anyway -- honestly there is no hope at this point its to far gone -- just my honest opinion

if you want to see what is in store for us just study hitler or any other tyranny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f0sBA61L0Y

Following orders is no excuse for wrongdoing. Several people were hanged for following orders ." Just doing my job" will not save you. International law. Quoting our forebears and heroes will help less than emulating them. "Just say NO".

I think in general everyone overestimate's these jackass's attention spans. If we can hold off that hag feinstein for at least even a few weeks, I can almost guarantee something else happens that makes everyone completely forget about all this. You're already seeing much less talk about it in the news...

Hard to say what is going to happen? But I would suggest that those same Senators who are going after our constitutional rights take a cold hard look at the role of the media, violent video games, mental health, and our society as a whole before passing judgement.

Lastly, how about people lock up their dam guns before their asshole kids use them to commit atrocities. Not your kids of course!

There's going to be a LOT of criminals in America- i just don't see the American people complying with that law.

That link above about the registration - questions!

OK if I purchased a gun in 2001 there is a federal paper trail of that gun to my name or not?

The FFL's are required to turn those 4473's in after 7 years or if they go under - so doesn't that create the paper trail/national registry right there?

I'm betting they already have one.

So the incentive is for everyone to sell their guns and buy guns under the table, which *will* happen...who wants someone knocking on their door?

I just don't see compliance on this - even if ATF went door to door, even if local cops did it.....and even if they had a search warrant people would just bury them in the back yard.

If we learned one thing from history is that Hitler did this, Stalin did this, all the bad guys did this before communism took over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's going to be a LOT of criminals in America- i just don't see the American people complying with that law. </div></div>

True, and sadly the worst of them will have the heavy stuff. At least the real criminals. Unfortunately as you say this would turn a lot of stand up citizens into criminals.

I have a feeling the rest of the nation will have to operate as California has been since bullet buttons and ten round mags.