• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Anschutz 1710 with Carbon Stock

PRDRIVER

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 18, 2005
    SLC, UT
    If you are headed to SHOT, be sure to stop by the Anschutz booth and check out the new Anschutz 1710 in the Carbon Kelbly’s stock. This is going to be one sweet rifle for 22 matches.

Anschutz 54 action, stainless/threaded barrel, 2 stage trigger, carbon Kelbly’s Stock, and an Anschutz rail in the stock (which means there will be an ARCA rail to easily fit this rifle).

Anschutz will be a company to watch this year. They have some sweet rimfire products that are coming to market.

Attachments

• photo86763.jpg
      photo86763.jpg
      85.8 KB · Views: 436
    I’m liking the look of that. I’ll get one and do a Lilja barrel, bedding, and all the other stuff to see how it compares to the 1710 GRS. The GRS version imo is just a flawless setup. Fully adjustable stock and super comfy! This is one I just finished.

Attachments

• photo86768.jpg
      photo86768.jpg
      78.3 KB · Views: 349
    Is this from the factory or Anschutz North America?
    I'd say this is a Custom Shop creation. I've been telling Steve a 54 repeater in a tactical type stock would sell like crazy for several years. This one certainly looks nice, but I'm a little afraid to see the price of admission. It also may be a little late to the game for me since I have a Vudoo in the safe now

And if you're more of a Manners T6 guy...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.anschutznorthamerica.com\/uploads\/1\/9\/9\/7\/19975381\/published\/sw-1_1.jpg?1497389228"}[/IMG2]

And if you're more of a Manners T6 guy...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.anschutznorthamerica.com\/uploads\/1\/9\/9\/7\/19975381\/published\/sw-1_1.jpg?1497389228"}[/IMG2]

Already got one and it's a great rifle, but the 54 action would be the draw to this rifle for most I'd think, at least that's why I'd consider it. The above rifle, at least the one I have, is very accurate but not quite at the level of my Vudoo or what I'd imagine the 54 actioned rifle with custom (or at least hand selected) barrel above would be. Although, let's be honest. We're sort of splitting hairs at this level of 22 rifle. None will disappoint in the accuracy department, it's just a matter of the feature set that's important to you and what your wallet will bear.

Reactions: ZG47A
    I like the look of that one a lot. I've thought about the GRS version as well, but it looks like the GRS stock would be fairly slick without any checkering?

The way it’s designed there is no slip at all. I’m 6ft tall and I’m hand fits the grip like a glove. Here are some pics of the stock.

Attachments

• photo86847.jpg
      photo86847.jpg
      114.3 KB · Views: 182
    • photo86848.jpg
      photo86848.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 180
    This is going to be an offering from Anschutz North America. If someone wants it bedded or a little more attention given to it, the custom shop will have some. I ordered the first 20 from Anschutz. They should start being available around March 2017. I should have some additional details on the rifles this week.

This is going to be an offering from Anschutz North America. If someone wants it bedded or a little more attention given to it, the custom shop will have some. I ordered the first 20 from Anschutz. They should start being available around March 2017. I should have some additional details on the rifles this week.

Interested in what the stock finish options will be, barrel profile, and what trigger will be installed (assuming 5109).

Last edited:
    There will be 4 trigger options. I hope to have finalized pricing tomorrow.

Can the Anschutz sporter 54 action accept the 5018 / 5020 trigger group? I know the sporter 54 is different than the match 54 as far as action screw locations and the sporter usually ships with a different trigger group. Interesting offering, the rimfire world is coming around!

Reactions: GRG
    Subscribed!

ive been looking for a used rifle that is not older than me to build up for cheap (ammo) shooting. A new one for slightly more isbinteresting.

My old (savage?) bolt .22 was super fun. And cheap.

It's looking like this is going to come in at $2,700 with a stainless threaded barrel and single stage trigger. I was told that I could swap the triggers out in my guns for 5109 or 5110 two stage triggers.

It sounds like there may be a mid year price increase coming from Anschutz Germany, so pricing may go up during the year.

Last edited:
    I'd say this is a Custom Shop creation. I've been telling Steve a 54 repeater in a tactical type stock would sell like crazy for several years. This one certainly looks nice, but I'm a little afraid to see the price of admission. It also may be a little late to the game for me since I have a Vudoo in the safe now

I received a Vudoo as well. It's well built and if you shoot a 700 or clone, you can build up a 22 trainer to mimic your other match rifle. I personally like the 54 action a lille more than the Vudoo. Both are good options. It's a good time to be a shooter as we have a bunch of great options when it comes to tactical style rimfire.

Can the Anschutz sporter 54 action accept the 5018 / 5020 trigger group? I know the sporter 54 is different than the match 54 as far as action screw locations and the sporter usually ships with a different trigger group. Interesting offering, the rimfire world is coming around!

I'm sure with enough time and $$$ anything is possible...

I went as far as verifying the trigger screw spacing is exactly the same, but didn't get much further as sear location is not the same so it's certainly not a drop in proposition.

The match 54 triggers are not drop in on the repeaters. The actions are similar with the biggest differences coming in the rear tang area. The bolts in these rifles are also different. The simple answer here is for those that must have the 5018 on their Repeater it can be done. The major issue You will find out quick is that it’s a mofo to try and stuff that thing in a Repeater stock lol!!!!

Well, the cat is out of the bag I guess! LOL. Come see me at the Anschutz booth. I'm Brian and have been with ANA about a year now. DJ, are you going to SHOT? You do some fine work and I would like to meet you if you are going to be around

Reactions: 300ATT
    For me I cant conceive having any other trigger in an Anschutz than a 5018 or a 5020, I have just owned so many at this point. However I really like the looks of these rifles and if I were not in the middle of building a 1827B then I think I would make an exception.

It looks like these are press in barrels (I think I can see the pins), or are they threaded like the new 54.30? Also what barrels are these, are they the same as the match rifles or come off the sporter line? Does this action use a sandwiched recoil lug or a mid action lug tenon?

I bet they will be a good seller!

Well, the cat is out of the bag I guess! LOL. Come see me at the Anschutz booth. I'm Brian and have been with ANA about a year now. DJ, are you going to SHOT? You do some fine work and I would like to meet you if you are going to be around

I wish I could but I have way too much work :(. Cerakote should be showing off a 455 I built if they have gotten the chance to coat it. Brian, do you guys have a good amount of the 1710 GRS hybrids? Also when are you guys getting more lots of R50 in?

Jbell, we are using standard 1710 actions on these so you are correct about the pressed and pinned barrel and sandwiched recoil lug. They may start using a lighter trigger spring in the 5109 trigger and calling it a 5110 but that is the only difference I am aware of.

DJ work is a good problem to have! Sorry you won't make it out though. I just made a quick pass through the warehouse... I saw 9 Hybrid stocks back there and plenty of the 23" 1710 barreled actions. I only saw 2 of the stainless threaded actions though. No worries! We have a sea freight container full of merchandise arriving next week. I haven't checked for these specifically but I am sure there will be quite a few more on there. R50 I am not sure about.... We still have 12-15 lots available but we are starting to sell through it and I haven't heard anything about our next shipment yet. If I hear anything, I will let you know

Jbell, we are using standard 1710 actions on these so you are correct about the pressed and pinned barrel and sandwiched recoil lug. They may start using a lighter trigger spring in the 5109 trigger and calling it a 5110 but that is the only difference I am aware of.

DJ work is a good problem to have! Sorry you won't make it out though. I just made a quick pass through the warehouse... I saw 9 Hybrid stocks back there and plenty of the 23" 1710 barreled actions. I only saw 2 of the stainless threaded actions though. No worries! We have a sea freight container full of merchandise arriving next week. I haven't checked for these specifically but I am sure there will be quite a few more on there.

RustyB, Jbell asked: "Also what barrels are these, are they the same as the match rifles or come off the sporter line?"

I would be interested in the answer to that question also. There was a time when Anschutz claimed that all of the bbls were the same and only the profiles were different but I always figured that the match rifles received hand selected tubes from the stack of stuff. I own two Annies from the cold war era (Late 50's and Early 70's). One is a Super Match and the other is a Flobert sporter, While tye both shoot good the Flobert cannot out perform the M54SM. Maybe it is only the better trigger that makes the difference? It truly is a great time to be a rimfire shooter. Lots of nice sparkling objects to consider.

Irish

Irish the 1710 and 1712 are part of our sporting line rather than our match line.... They are 54 series actions but are slightly shorter in length than the 19XX actions and take the 5109 triggers rather than the 5018 match trigger. They are also repeaters where all of our match rifles are single shots.

As far as barrels go, I can't really shed much light on that. I asked some questions a while back because I wanted to know myself. Basically I was told that our barrels are made in house at the factory in Germany and were not discussed outside of the factory... So far they haven't invited me over there yet! Maybe one day

After talking with Steve B. at the ANA Custom Shop, the price has changed to $2,750, but now includes an extended magazine release and a 10 round magazine with enhanced aluminum base. ANA put details on the rifle up on their website last night.

I'm running a SHOT special which will include a free 25 MOA rail and extra 10 rd magazine for orders placed for this rifle before the end of the Month.

http://www.specialpurposerifles.com/rimfire/anschutz-1710-precision-trainer-rifles

Are there any pics anywhere of the Black/Gray/white stock? It looks like the current pics are only of the other two colors. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures here. Steve has been doing all the testing on the prototypes out at the custom shop in Las Vegas.... I haven't seen one in person yet myself.

Thanks for confirming. I had seen those pics and was hoping it wasn’t that. Looks like I’ll have to stick to camo.

Reactions: PRDRIVER
    Sounds like these should start shipping very soon. I have the Kelbly's stock they had on display at SHOT in my hands and should have a barreled action here this week to start playing with.

I spoke with Anschutz today. It sounds like the Kelbly's stocks are starting to roll in. The Anschutz custom shop is inspecting the first batch of stocks and will be mounting up Anschutz rails on the bottom of them next week when the hardware arrives. I'm hoping to start sending these out to customers in the next 1-2 weeks.

We grabbed all the 1710 stainless threaded barreled actions that Anschutz had in stock before SHOT show. We have about 10 rifles that are still available under the initial pricing of $2,750. FYI - if you are interested in one of these rifles you may want to act sooner than later. Pricing will be going up on the next batch of barreled actions that are scheduled to arrive from Germany in May, which will raise the price of this rifle by approximately $200, bringing the price to around $2,950.

Whats for sale. . Hybid GRS stocks with . . What Barrell ? What Trigger . . ?? trying to order from Anschutz . . No commiment . . ?? 40 pallets devlivered last week according to Sales, never talk to Custom Shop . . Ok so this seems like the most informed site I'v e found so far . . Yet still havent found any report or reviews . . Looking ? 'm the New Guy . . Oh No . . its Mr Bill . . Guys that bought (? is what u expected . . Thanks and Apogies if this is addressed elewhere . . Later . .

I ordered a 1727 GRS Hybrid with threaded barrel in the middle of March from the ANA Custom Shop. I was told it would be several weeks so hopefully they should be shipping it in the near future.

I cant believe I missed this thread.

There was a review of this rifle along side the Vodo on facebook couple weeks ago. They both performed flawless, other than the Vodo getting dirty and not working from suppressor use. I may try to find and copy paste here. Was good stuff.

Looking forward to more reviews. I just don't see how a factory rifle can compare with a full blown practically BR rig like the Vodo is, but if the tolerances are too tight on the Vodo, maybe one of these would suffice...ugh.

Regards,
    DT

Expecting delivery tommorrow from Anschutz on 1727 with 23" blued barrel, 5020 trigger, Fornter gear, been working on order for over a month . . . so . .guys I went to a Benchrest event here in SC, everyone had Custom rifle, barrells, rests and 8 out the 10 shooters using Weaver 36 X ?? I was surprised ?

Going with that unless anyone has SUGGESTIOS and experiencwe I am all ears . .

Thanks in Advance to everyone emjoying the chats . . Later

Last edited: