• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Anschutz MPR results so far

long-shot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2003
Missouri
I picked up my new MPR yesterday. The trigger is outstanding. I may have to increase the pull weight to more closely match my other rifles. The first groups at 100 yards were right at 1" in somewhat windy conditions with Wolf Match. Ergonomics are very good so far.

Updated with pics today:

DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0218.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

DSCN0215.jpg

Re: New Anschutz MPR results so far

Thanks brother! I think it could benefit from a skim bedding job, and an adjustable objective scope. I have to be honest this has got to be the finest trigger I've ever shot. I've had a few custom rigs, and shot a whole lot more, and this trigger almost scares me.

I like the patio range. Is that first group at 50 or 100 yards? Fine shooting either way.

Where did you buy your 10 round magazine? I've been looking online, and Champions Shooters Supply seems to have the best prices on extra magazines. They are great folks, as that is where I have been buying my .22 ammunition - but if you've got a better source...

Part of the reason I'm into this whole .22 thing is that I can play off the back porch, and not piss off the neighbors. I've got 200 yards before I need to run to the range.

They were all 100 yards. I picked up the 10 rounders from Champions as well. They are the Weatherby 10 shot magazines. Apparently they're the same mag just cheaper.

Damn fine shooting LS, and that back yard is a field of dreams! Regards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks brother! I think it could benefit from a skim bedding job, and an adjustable objective scope. I have to be honest this has got to be the finest trigger I've ever shot. I've had a few custom rigs, and shot a whole lot more, and this trigger almost scares me. </div></div>

Just think about the poor shooters like me who started shooting with an Anschutz 54 as a junior shooter. After 3 years with the Annie 54 i got my first centrefire rifle. The trigger s****d. 40 years later I'm still searching for a CF rifle with a trigger like the Annie..