• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New Armasight Units (Sidekick and Jockey 640s)

Copied the BIN file to the Mass storage on the Sidekick. When I inserted a battery and turned the unit on after the download it didn't seem to update.

Anybody have any luck with this?

Last edited:
Copied the BIN file to the Mass storage on the Sidekick. When I inserted a battery and turned the unit on after the download it didn't seem to update.

Anybody have any luck with this?
Looks like there might be an issue with the new update per Armasight.

Last edited:
Sidekick dovetail adapter coming in hot for testing soon.
Proto1_1_lowres.jpg

Sidekick dovetail adapter coming in hot for testing soon.
View attachment 8364557
I'm assuming that means you'd be able to quick detach the sidekick from a bridge right? Would be nice to have, but means i'd have to buy another bridge, presumably the mod armory one. How much is this going to be? Do you have a business where you make stuff like this and put it on a website?

I'm assuming that means you'd be able to quick detach the sidekick from a bridge right? Would be nice to have, but means i'd have to buy another bridge, presumably the mod armory one. How much is this going to be? Do you have a business where you make stuff like this and put it on a website?
You're right, it's just a way to give some people more flexibility in mounting options.
If you already have the Rayvn bridge or another bridge that allows you to mount the Sidekick via the mini-rail and that is your dedicated setup and you are not interested in a quick change capability, then the dovetail adapter won't give you any benefits.
If you have a bunch of different bridges that accept dovetails and you want to change back and forth between them, this might come in handy. Also for the very brave who want to test the (nonexistent?) Sidekick recoil rating, this will allow you to mount the Sidekick as a clip-on in a Wilcox flip mount.
Right now I'm doing this stuff as a hobby, but I have a website for these projects at jv-innovations.com

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhereNow&How
Also for the very brave who want to test the (nonexistent?) Sidekick recoil rating, this will allow you to mount the Sidekick as a clip-on in a Wilcox flip mount.
Exactly. I believe the Sidekick will make a very nice and light clip on for 556. The Flir Breach worked out good in this role and I think the Sidekick will be even better given it is a 640 unit instead of a 320 Unit like the Breach.

Being able to put the Sidekick in the Wilcox FTS mount will make it a great versitalile short range clip-on.

Reactions: wigwamitus
You're right, it's just a way to give some people more flexibility in mounting options.
If you already have the Rayvn bridge or another bridge that allows you to mount the Sidekick via the mini-rail and that is your dedicated setup and you are not interested in a quick change capability, then the dovetail adapter won't give you any benefits.
If you have a bunch of different bridges that accept dovetails and you want to change back and forth between them, this might come in handy. Also for the very brave who want to test the (nonexistent?) Sidekick recoil rating, this will allow you to mount the Sidekick as a clip-on in a Wilcox flip mount.
Right now I'm doing this stuff as a hobby, but I have a website for these projects at jv-innovations.com
Honestly the only thing I don't like about the rayvyn bridge is that I can't quickly remove the sidekick so I can use it as a monocular, it just sucks that I'd have to buy another bridge lol.

it just sucks that I'd have to buy another bridge lol.
It dont suck. Just about anything NV or Thermal is a great investment these days. Especially if you are a shrewd buyer.

Having a bunch of "tools" in the toolbox makes you a well rounded handy-dandy man. :D

Reactions: Jip4012
It dont suck. Just about anything NV or Thermal is a great investment these days. Especially if you are a shrewd buyer.

Having a bunch of "tools" in the toolbox makes you a well rounded handy-dandy man. :D
As long as you have deep pockets

Reactions: stefan73
Looks like there might be an issue with the new update per Armasight.
Hello,

We did run into an issue with the roll out of our firmware updates that are now available through Armasight.com for registered users. We have identified the issue and are currently working to resolve it. We expect that this issue will be resolved before the end of the week. We greatly appreciate everyone's patience - and THANK YOU for choosing Armasight!

Deep pockets always helps but prioritising, pinching pennies here and there combined with shrewd purchases can make things a lot easier when it comes to NV and Thermal.

Prioritising, means is a vacation in Cancun betta dollars spent than buying a NV or Thermal Device is what I am getting at type of stuff. A lot of people waste money on what I would call "junk" but some peoples "junk" are other peoples diamonds.

The will to have something can open up a lot of avenues.

Hello,

We did run into an issue with the roll out of our firmware updates that are now available through Armasight.com for registered users. We have identified the issue and are currently working to resolve it. We expect that this issue will be resolved before the end of the week. We greatly appreciate everyone's patience - and THANK YOU for choosing Armasight!
Great to see the Manufacter on the site. That is impressive. (y)

I have great faith in the rebuilding of Armasight to its previous Glory pre Flir aquasition.

I will also throw my 2 cents worth of advice in. Wigwamitus (Joe with Strictly Offensive Kit) would be an excellent source of real life feedback and advice on any thermal devices as he is a real world user expert with Thermal.

I think many in the community are pulling for Armasight as a US based manufacter to have great success.

Thanks again for showing your presence on the site.

Last edited:
Hey all, I haven't been here since the website major reconstruction. (a decade?) I received my 640 back from Armasight Friday. My gate was open, but UPS decided to just leave it along side the road.
So the new updated firmware is 5067. Is there a newer version out already?
Frankly I'm not seeing any noticeable change from the firmware upgrade. I guess I need to get out and learn it better. The weather is forecasted for cold and dry the next few days so I'll chase some coyotes around and get a better opinion.
I'm thinking about the Rayvn bridge. I have the Mod Armory bridge and cannot get my pvs14 and thermals to align. Do you think the Rayvn will work better?
Is Bolt Tripper still around?

Hello,

Sounds good. Customer service over at Armasight has been great.

Do we know if the release for the Jockey 640 is accurate or are those moving goal posts?

Question for people who already have a thermal clipon or experience with one, do they work pretty well in front of a red dot with a magnifier? Just curios if that setup works at all.

Question for people who already have a thermal clipon or experience with one, do they work pretty well in front of a red dot with a magnifier? Just curios if that setup works at all.
Yup, can be a great option since a lot of clip ons (smaller units) are designed to work within the 2-6x magnification range from a day optic.

I have seen people run small clip-ons like a SKEET on a flip to side mount with a red dot and flip to side magnifier for this very reason.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Yup, can be a great option since a lot of clip ons (smaller units) are designed to work within the 2-6x magnification range from a day optic.

I have seen people run small clip-ons like a SKEET on a flip to side mount with a red dot and flip to side magnifier for this very reason.
flip to side thermal clipon, interesting.

flip to side thermal clipon, interesting.
Yep, a thermal clipon works well in front of a 1x red dot and even a 3x magnifier behind that.

If you can rig the clipon thermal to be on a Wilcox FTS it allows you to quickly switch to using your day sight if need be.

The above is a great combination if you not shooting way out there (say 300 yards or more) with thermal.

Reactions: hmjgriffon
Yep, a thermal clipon works well in front of a 1x red dot and even a 3x magnifier behind that.

If you can rig the clipon thermal to be on a Wilcox FTS it allows you to quickly switch to using your day sight if need be.

The above is a great combination if you not shooting way out there (say 300 yards or more) with thermal.
I will be trying that.

Does the ax14 dovetail arm mount work with the Sidekick640 and g24 mount? Ordering stuff currently for my first helmet setup. Only interested in running a single monocular at this point.

Can I run both usb power and a 16650 at the same time?

If so, will it draw off the usb until dead, unplugged then switch to the battery?