• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Bass Pro Shop....no help for the powder flow here..

Infidel45

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2014
Bristol, VA
Have a brand new Bass Pro here that just opened a month ago....this was all that was on the shelves recently when I went in there. One lone bottle of powder...

Thankfully, two locally owned stores are stocked somewhat. For anyone interested/local, Colgards in Norton, VA has a huge supply of TAC and a very decent offering of the IMR and H/Extreme line. I never leave there with less than 3lbs of 4064 or 4895. Mahoney's in Abingdon, VA is stocked very intermittently but I did pick up 3lbs of H4895 recently, which cleaned them out of that. All are running around $32/lb. TAC is $28/lb at Colgards..

Like the name implies, Bass Pro and Mr. Morris are primarily fishing oriented. Hunting is a sideline, more so in some stores than others.

Our local Bass Pro is more hunting and shooting than fishing oriented.

It's weird, but this new store is like a "Bass Pro-Lite". It is small compared to the one 1.5 hrs up the road in Sevierville, TN, which is 2 stories. This one is mostly taken up on the inside by boats, fishing gear and ATV/UTV's... minimal clothing and a small (by comparison) hunting/gun section. Hell, most of the building footprint is taken up by the restaurant and bowling alley in there...no idea what that is about. But I think it means good things for Cabela's which will open here on the Virginia side of the border next year. I like them better anyway...

I was in the Dania Beach (Miami/Ft.Laud.) Bass Rape Shop on Saturday and they had a few pounds of RL 15/17/19 and 22, which was nice--maybe 8-10 cans total, a 4320 IMR and a couple of other cans. All$30.99.

Bullets were there, but nothing I'd call 'over-flowing.'

I didn't see primers, as they keep them in the back, but $4-$5 a sleeve has been the price going back to GWB's first term, so screw them on that.

Anyhow, for me, it's a broken record.

Chris