• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Bergara rifles for 2020 ?

AZHUNT1121

Twice baked potato
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2019
I see Bergara is introducing some new models for 2020 but I cannot seem to locate anything but the basic information on them. I have contacted Bergara directly as well as their parent company BPI Outdoors but sadly their customer service is rather poor and the are not responding.

I see the are now making a Terrain model as well as many Wilderness option for the Highlander, HMR, Ridge and Hunter models. New features include an Onmi muzzle break, digital camo pattern and new calibers such as 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC and 28 Nosler.

Anyone else have more info on these or when they will be available ? January for the SHOT show, perhaps but I am in the market for a few rifles now.

Thanks

I am also interested in this. Where did you find the information that you are referring to?

Too many hours scouring the internet, I have found that Bergara is less than helpful when it comes to new product answers and I have to do a lot of their customer service work for them. I honestly don't understand the gun industry and waiting for the SHOT show in January for the big reveal of new products, it is always anti climatic. Past the new Terrain model, which you can see on the Greyboe website and looks like the non popular Approach model, they are showcasing the same rifles with new calibers and an addition of the Omni muzzle break. Ok, why wait and miss the holiday season sales ? That doesn't seem logical especially when their CEO Nate Treadaway stated the addition of the PRC calibers way back in October would be available for immediate shipment. Clearly that was not the case and comments like that just make him look like he doesn't know the workings of the company he leads.

I agree with you about SHOT and waiting until after Christmas does not seem logical. I actually like the Premier approach, but you are right that it seems unpoplar because i cannot find any info from customers on it. It may sound a little silly but i was just hoping they would release some more color options in the HMR and HMR Pro.

I was thinking the same thing on those rifles too. If you go on the Bergara website and click on the rifles drop down menu there is a Dealer Exclusive Rifles option on the bottom left side. Click there and scroll down the the Scheels Exclusive rifle. It is a B-14 HMR but it looks better with the grey stock and blued barrel. I contacted Scheels and they said they should be getting the new PRC calibers in this rifle too. They will ship the rifle to an FFL if you don't live close to a store, you just have to call the store that has the rifle you want and make the arrangements. Past that, I am thinking the HMR PRO and Cerakoting the barreled action myself. It's actually easy and I have done this on numerous rifles.

There is one more option I just thought of too. If you go on Davidson's website and search their Gun Genie you can purchase a Bergara barreled action alone. Greyboe stocks, which is what Bergara puts on the rifles, will sell you a stock in a variety of color choices. Bergara list their barrel contours on their website and the guys at Greyboe are super helpful in assuring you get the correct contoured barrel channel.

So i was just browsing that section (thanks for that), and what is the difference in the two Bass Pro exclusives? One has an L at the end of the item # but is still a 6.5 with a 24" barrel.

The 20 MOA rail is a nice touch. I wish they could machine it in, but for sure sell it with because that is the first thing anyone with one of these rifles has to do.

I agree with you about SHOT and waiting until after Christmas does not seem logical. I actually like the Premier approach, but you are right that it seems unpoplar because i cannot find any info from customers on it. It may sound a little silly but i was just hoping they would release some more color options in the HMR and HMR Pro.
The whole SHOT hype is really just ticking customers off. TriggerTech's big SHOT 2019 intro, and announcement of 2-stage Rem 700 triggers for "Q2 2019" still has not materialized and looks like maybe sometime after SHOT 2020. I can understand the industry getting together to make contracts and get distributors on board and to find development partners, but sitting on products to introduce them at SHOT and dazzle the competition is actually hurting their business.
I'm just waiting for some to wise up and to introduce new products before Black Friday, and Christmas and make money instead of ooooh-aaaaaah brownie points. Having a product that is already selling like hotcakes would actually get them more floor traffic and contracts come SHOT Show, ... yet, here we are...

I am not sure either why the gun companies think the SHOT show is the holy grail of marketing. I had been having such a hard time finding a Bergara premier rifle to actually see that I contemplated going to the SHOT show just so I could finally touch the rifle before spending $2000 on it. I can get tickets thru my work but after looking into it they were $450 per person. Ridiculous in my opinion.

The only company that introduces new products regularly is Springfield Armory. Look at all the hype a few months ago about their new Hellcat, smart on their part.

Beragara just ignores me now, their customer service seems horrible from my point of view. They are a newer rifle company but seem very late to the party when it comes to products and how to sell them to people like myself that actually want to spend thousands on a rifle.

I just hope they can catch up on production. They make a really nice product. Still waiting for BXR that were ordered, several other caliburs that were ordered earlier in the year. Idk why wait either.