• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bling from KRG

Yea I agree with everyone so far this thing is going to be legit. I have a Whiskey 3 on my match rifle but this will 100% going on my spare. I have a traditional stock on it now and like that the Bravo has the same kinda look but with wayyy more features.

There will be a kit available to give it tool-less buttpad height. This is handy because when the pad is raised it can get in the way of a cleaning rod when it's time to clean the bore.

Justin

I'd love to see something like that for the 180-Alpha.

Last edited:
This is everything that I wish the Magpul was. Nice job!

Thanks guys! There's still a lot of work to do before we start shipping but we're pretty excited at the response so far.

Roktoys84 yeah we have a kit like that coming for the 180-Alpha as well, and the X-ray too.

m6z-there is a spot for the QD cup up at the top rear of the buttstock. It's fairly close to the boreline. It will come with one QD cup, you can make it ambi if you get one of the QD cups that has threads cut into it like the Magpul ones.

JBM- The back end should fit on a TRG. There might be some clearancing needed for the TRG trigger but generally this is designed to be modular with our other chassis.

.308 Pirate-There's a couple things with the Howa that makes it so we can't use our standard long backbone, that's why it's a 180- series instead of just being a different inlet for a W-3 or X-ray. However that's not to say we can't put the 180-X front with the Bravo back end but that's all I can say for now...

EddieE- This is a question that's probably going through other people's minds as well. The X-ray has some additional features, whether they are needed or not is personal preference. They are:
1. Interchangeable grips (two sizes available)
2. Cheekpiece adjusts fore/aft (Bravo is one long piece) and has lateral adjustment kit available, also has overmolded cheekpiece option.
3. "Backbone" on X-ray has more detailed machining, Bravo is a bit simpler design.
4. X-ray will take our INVR night vision rail while Bravo does not, Bravo requires Spigot + NV rail
5. X-ray has buttpad height adjustment already
6. X-ray takes a larger range of oversize recoil lugs for Rem 700 version
7. X-ray is more conducive to a wrap-around-thumb grip style if you shoot that way

Depending on your needs and wants, they could be a toss-up or one could be clearly better for you. I hope that helps out some.

Thanks again guys, keep posting questions/comments if you have them,
Justin

Last edited:
other than cost, what makes this something that someone would pick over the W3 or xray? is this meant to be a budget chassis to compete with the magpul, or is this to compete with the manners and mcmillans as well that just happen to cost 1/3rd as much?

other than cost, what makes this something that someone would pick over the W3 or xray? is this meant to be a budget chassis to compete with the magpul, or is this to compete with the manners and mcmillans as well that just happen to cost 1/3rd as much?

I was adding that list of features in to my post as you were typing. It describes some benefits of the X-ray over the Bravo. The W-3 is our flagship chassis and we don't really see guys trying to decide between it and the Bravo as they're just in such different classes. It's hard to describe in words but if you use them side by side it will be obvious. The tool-less adjustments of the W-3, the nicely machined buttstock, it's just different.

We didn't have one specific stock we were going after with the Bravo. Magpul went straight for the hunting market because that's the largest $$ segment and they went for the guys who will use their BDL bottom metal and didn't want to spend too much on their rifle but yet get a bit of improvement. We wanted to bring the precision rifle functionality and superior ergonomics to shooters who are more precision oriented (varminters, match shooters, long range enthusiasts, etc), and make it more accessible cost wise in the way that Magpul did.

The Bravo also wasn't designed to replace a Manners or Mcmillan. I think you'll find that it compares well but those stocks have some features that can't be replaced. They're light and strong and it's tough to beat a good bedding job at providing a very nice fit for your action. Some guys will just want a fiberglass stock, just like some guys want the wood stocks that were replaced by fiberglass. Hopefully that helps some.
Justin

Price and ergonomics knocks it out of the park will be a future purchase for my spare prs rifle. Already love my current w3 chassis, krg has yet to disappoint. Keep up the good work guys!

A Savage SA & LA, CZ455 and Howa Bravo 180A would be great.

The Bravo looks great esp for the price.

Thanks guys! There's still a lot of work to do before we start shipping but we're pretty excited at the response so far.

Roktoys84 yeah we have a kit like that coming for the 180-Alpha as well, and the X-ray too.

m6z-there is a spot for the QD cup up at the top rear of the buttstock. It's fairly close to the boreline. It will come with one QD cup, you can make it ambi if you get one of the QD cups that has threads cut into it like the Magpul ones.

JBM- The back end should fit on a TRG. There might be some clearancing needed for the TRG trigger but generally this is designed to be modular with our other chassis.

.308 Pirate-There's a couple things with the Howa that makes it so we can't use our standard long backbone, that's why it's a 180- series instead of just being a different inlet for a W-3 or X-ray. However that's not to say we can't put the 180-X front with the Bravo back end but that's all I can say for now...

EddieE- This is a question that's probably going through other people's minds as well. The X-ray has some additional features, whether they are needed or not is personal preference. They are:
1. Interchangeable grips (two sizes available)
2. Cheekpiece adjusts fore/aft (Bravo is one long piece) and has lateral adjustment kit available, also has overmolded cheekpiece option.
3. "Backbone" on X-ray has more detailed machining, Bravo is a bit simpler design.
4. X-ray will take our INVR night vision rail while Bravo does not, Bravo requires Spigot + NV rail
5. X-ray has buttpad height adjustment already
6. X-ray takes a larger range of oversize recoil lugs for Rem 700 version
7. X-ray is more conducive to a wrap-around-thumb grip style if you shoot that way

Depending on your needs and wants, they could be a toss-up or one could be clearly better for you. I hope that helps out some.

Justin

Thanks for the details Justin.

A few features of the X-ray I couldn't care less about, others I do...so it will be interesting to read the reviews on the Bravo and decide.

I'm really interested in the new Bravo stock. I had been thinking about an X-Ray, but frankly prefer the more traditional stock like look of the Bravo. I can't wait to see how pricing ends up being outside the US, though I don't expect to see any for sale on this side of the Atlantic before Spring 2018 at the earliest.

I think this chassis looks incredible, but I'm a TRG fanboy so It's easy to like the looks of this one.

I would love to see this available for Howa SA and LA. I know there isnt a huge market for it but I would also love to see it available for the Sako M995 inlet. I could finally build a "TRG" copy in 6.5x55 Swede that wouldn't break the bank account.

Will the R700 LA be CIP length like the Whiskey 3 and X-Ray? Also, can these be milled for the Badger M2013 action? Or is there something that would prevent that from being done? Thanks!

It would also be nice to see this stock available for the Howa Mini actions. Great barreled actions at good prices, but currently the few stocks that are offered for them suck.

.308 Pirate-There's a couple things with the Howa that makes it so we can't use our standard long backbone,
Your competition doesn't have a problem designing and machining a chassis for Howa rifles with a full length (from tang to well fwd of the recoil lug) aluminum backbone.

However that's not to say we can't put the 180-X front with the Bravo back end but that's all I can say for now...
After watching several videos today of shooters loading bipods on your 180-Alpha chassis, I could not help but notice the amount of flex on the plastic fore end. It was alarming.

Very disappointing

Your competition doesn't have a problem designing and machining a chassis for Howa rifles with a full length (from tang to well fwd of the recoil lug) aluminum backbone.

After watching several videos today of shooters loading bipods on your 180-Alpha chassis, I could not help but notice the amount of flex on the plastic fore end. It was alarming.

Very disappointing

I'm new to the chassis craze and I have heard complaints about some chassis systems flexing. I wonder about the reason for having plastic over the aluminum. It would seem like "weak link".

Looks great, been following the tease photos and development on Instagram.

I wonder about the reason for having plastic over the aluminum. It would seem like "weak link".
That's not what I'm talking about.

My issues lies with the design of the 180-Xray in specific, which is their only choice for Howa rifles and where the forend is completely made of plastic with no metal substructure.

The 180-Alpha is the same way but it matters less to me because it's made for rifles that I don't and won't own.

All other KRG designs are fine.

That's not what I'm talking about.

My issues lies with the design of the 180-Xray in specific, which is their only choice for Howa rifles and where the forend is completely made of plastic with no metal substructure.

The 180-Alpha is the same way but it matters less to me because it's made for rifles that I don't and won't own.

All other KRG designs are fine.

Thanks for the clarification....

Massoud said:

Justin

I am not asking about compatibility with your chassis. Will this fit the factory TRG to replace the rear section as your folder does? Just asking for a little clarification.

Thanks

Thanks for compliments guys!

Boone sorry we missed hunting season, we did want to get it out in time but things always come up.

Blue Oval- We do have the W-3 for the M995 just so you know.

We'll get some more pics up before long and have a side shot in there, if not, hound me.

Will the R700 LA be CIP length like the Whiskey 3 and X-Ray? Also, can these be milled for the Badger M2013 action? Or is there something that would prevent that from being done? Thanks!

Yes the R700LA will be a W-3 front paired with a Bravo back end, same as how the X-ray is set up so it will be CIP length. We do have the spacer block so you can run the shorter mags. We might do a shorter magwell in the future. Whichever one we make, everyone wants the other one, haha. We're unsure on the Badger inlet, Marty at Badger thinks it can't be done but we've never tried it. We are taking a list of names of people who want Badger chassis and we might do another run.

JBM- The back end should fit on a TRG. There might be some clearancing needed for the TRG trigger. I didn't make it clear that the other back ends fit or can be made to fit a TRG also.

Regarding the 180 series forend, it flexes some, no doubt about it. If we could make it not flex for a reasonable cost and weight penalty, we would. For some shooters it's too much, for some it's fine. Some other chassis makers have Howa or Savage chassis with a forend that doesn't flex at all. Some of those chassis are pretty good and would be the best option for someone concerned about forend flex.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Last edited:
Thanks for compliments guys!

Boone sorry we missed hunting season, we did want to get it out in time but things always come up.

Blue Oval- We do have the W-3 for the M995 just so you know.

We'll get some more pics up before long and have a side shot in there, if not, hound me.

Yes the R700LA will be a W-3 front paired with a Bravo back end, same as how the X-ray is set up so it will be CIP length. We do have the spacer block so you can run the shorter mags. We might do a shorter magwell in the future. Whichever one we make, everyone wants the other one, haha. We're unsure on the Badger inlet, Marty at Badger thinks it can't be done but we've never tried it. We are taking a list of names of people who want Badger chassis and we might do another run.

JBM- The back end should fit on a TRG. There might be some clearancing needed for the TRG trigger. I didn't make it clear that the other back ends fit or can be made to fit a TRG also.

Regarding the 180 series forend, it flexes some, no doubt about it. If we could make it not flex for a reasonable cost and weight penalty, we would. For some shooters it's too much, for some it's fine. Some other chassis makers have Howa or Savage chassis with a forend that doesn't flex at all. Some of those chassis are pretty good and would be the best option for someone concerned about forend flex.

Thanks guys,
Justin

So the spacer will allow to use AICS 300WM mags in the CIP Chassis? Would it work in the TRG 995 chassis?

So the spacer will allow to use AICS 300WM mags in the CIP Chassis? Would it work in the TRG 995 chassis?

Yes the spacer fits all our long backbone chassis including the M995. It can be used to set magwell size like in your case or to block the spigot mount hole in the front of the chassis. Some guys like to cover that up.

Boone thanks for your business, we'll make sure you get them.

Thanks guys, I personally find the stock very comfortable, I might have mentioned it but it probably beats a TRG for me. Not everyone will feel the same but generally I think you guys will like it. I would say the ergos are a blend of A-series with some TRG and our some Whiskey-3 shape in there too. It really has a nice, natural feeling thumb shelf too.
Justin

Take badger ordnance recoil lug? When can we expect to see a left handed one? Also any chance of creating steel butt and cheekpiece spacers for those of us who might want a little more weight and balance?

Is there going to be a Bravo for Savage actions coming? I have Savage 308 that needs a new home.

Will the 700SA be available in lefthand like the X-ray and W3?

Excited about the price point. Are there any out in the wild in the hands of people who review them? It would be nice to have a little bit of real world knowledge before they hit the shelves to know how they perform.

Hey guys, good questions.

-The Bravo will not take a Badger lug without some cutting. The Bravo will take thick lugs but the "wide" ones like the Badger won't work. We would suggest guys to ideally use lugs the same shape as the Rem lug but just a bit thicker. Large-surface-area lugs are not necessary in a chassis. The Bravo was really meant more for a stock Rem than a full blown custom rig. It can be opened up to be the same as the W-3 and X-ray and take the Badger lug though.

-We're not sure on lefties. We don't sell a ton of lefties in our other chassis.

-There are spots in the buttstock where extra weight could be placed to tweak overall weight/balance. We probably will not do metal spacers but I think you'll be able to get what you're looking for.

-There won't be a Bravo Savage, at least for awhile. The Savage is different in how it's set up, i.e. rear action screw in front of trigger, etc. which is not compatible with the Bravo.

-We have several that will be going out to reviewers in the coming weeks, hopefully they'll have time to get some use in by the time we open up ordering. We'll do an official announcement here on the hide when we're closer to shipping and we'll put links in there to whatever media is available.

-The Bravo comes with a rear QD cup. On the forend sides it takes MLOK stuff, on the forend bottom, you can add our QD Plate up front or use the MLOK slots on the bottom.

Thanks guys,
Justin

So just to clarify there will be no lateral adjustment on the cheek piece for this?

(left and right of the centerline)

Will these be released in a Howa inlet? Seems like a better option than the 180 alpha or whichever is the Howa inlet for the Xray, having only the polymer forward of the mag well was a huge weakness in the 180 for the Howa.

That's a bummer that you aren't sure on lefties. I own two lefty Whiskey 3 chassis because I like them so much. Both are match rifles. I was thinking of possibly a 223 on the Bravo as the Whiskey 3 is pricey just for a practice rifle. Hopefully you guys reconsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bummer that you aren't sure on lefties. I own two lefty Whiskey 3 chassis because I like them so much. Both are match rifles. I was thinking of possibly a 223 on the Bravo as the Whiskey 3 is pricey just for a practice rifle. Hopefully you guys reconsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I also understand from a business standpoint the apprehensiveness to put R&D into a limited capacity market, but unlike your other offerings where you have a dozen competitors at those price points, the Bravo would stand alone in the market at its’ price point.

Hey guys, good questions.

-The Bravo will not take a Badger lug without some cutting. The Bravo will take thick lugs but the "wide" ones like the Badger won't work. We would suggest guys to ideally use lugs the same shape as the Rem lug but just a bit thicker. Large-surface-area lugs are not necessary in a chassis. The Bravo was really meant more for a stock Rem than a full blown custom rig. It can be opened up to be the same as the W-3 and X-ray and take the Badger lug though.

-We're not sure on lefties. We don't sell a ton of lefties in our other chassis.

-There are spots in the buttstock where extra weight could be placed to tweak overall weight/balance. We probably will not do metal spacers but I think you'll be able to get what you're looking for.

-There won't be a Bravo Savage, at least for awhile. The Savage is different in how it's set up, i.e. rear action screw in front of trigger, etc. which is not compatible with the Bravo.

-We have several that will be going out to reviewers in the coming weeks, hopefully they'll have time to get some use in by the time we open up ordering. We'll do an official announcement here on the hide when we're closer to shipping and we'll put links in there to whatever media is available.

-The Bravo comes with a rear QD cup. On the forend sides it takes MLOK stuff, on the forend bottom, you can add our QD Plate up front or use the MLOK slots on the bottom.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Is the Bravo going to be radius contour or v-block for the T3?

Thanks

So just to clarify there will be no lateral adjustment on the cheek piece for this?

(left and right of the centerline)

No lateral adjustment as it ships. We might add a kit later if guys are asking for it. We do have some upgrade kits in development. Try it out and you might find the lateral adjustment is not needed.

Our Arca rail stuff does fit the Bravo. We still have one or two Arca things coming that we're still tweaking but we wanted to get out the base package.

We're always listening as far as what guys want to buy. If there's a certain threshold hit for lefties then we'll do it. We have to get the standard stuff out first of course then we can work on additional versions like long action, lefty, etc.

The Bravo T-3 will be a radius bedding system rather than the V. It's not to have any better or any worse performance, it's not related to the barrelled action or chassis much really.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Very disappointing

I'm here to eat crow, issue a retraction, and issue an apology.

I made those comments based on what I had been told and what I had seen in videos, not from first hand experience.

I like to know what I'm talking about so after some thought this Sunday I bought a 180-Xray for my Howa 1500. Since Brownells is the only place that sells them and their return policy is ironclad, I figured I had nothing to lose but a little bit of time and shipping both ways. It came in a few hours ago.

I'm here to say that the 180-xray exceeded my expectations. The forend was the first thing I examined and it was stiff as a board. Once I bolted the action in, squeezed the barrel and forend together and saw some flex, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly the barrel flexing. When I did the same test with the rifle in a Manners T, I saw the same thing to s slightly lesser degree. Whatever, it's nowhere near enough to cause any problems.

After bolting everything up, I got into my dry fire spot in the basement and it took no time to get the stock adjusted to me. What immediately struck me was how stupid easy it was to get truly straight behind the rifle with no tension. This is something I have struggled from day one with the more conventional (old school) Manners T. So I went shooting and once I had the scope rezeroed I shot a five shot group with three shots literally touching each other (two through the same hole), the other two were 1/2" away from the center cluster on a perfect waterline. I'm pretty sure that if I had been a bit more patient I wouldn't have shanked those two and would have had an incredible group.

Regardless of group size, this stock gives me the confidence that I can start making progress on drills suh as the dot drill since attaining a correct NPA is now a breeze. As I said getting a solid, stress free NPA with myself straight (really straight) behind the gun was something that was virtually impossible behind a more traditional stock design.

I am sold. Needless to say, Brownells is not getting it back.

So to Justin, I apologize for slamming the product before trying it. I have been humbled.

One question: what torque should I apply to the bolts that hold the forend together and hold it onto the backbone?

I'm here to eat crow, issue a retraction, and issue an apology.

I made those comments based on what I had been told and what I had seen in videos, not from first hand experience.

I like to know what I'm talking about so after some thought this Sunday I bought a 180-Xray for my Howa 1500. Since Brownells is the only place that sells them and their return policy is ironclad, I figured I had nothing to lose but a little bit of time and shipping both ways. It came in a few hours ago.

I'm here to say that the 180-xray exceeded my expectations. The forend was the first thing I examined and it was stiff as a board. Once I bolted the action in, squeezed the barrel and forend together and saw some flex, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly the barrel flexing. When I did the same test with the rifle in a Manners T, I saw the same thing to s slightly lesser degree. Whatever, it's nowhere near enough to cause any problems.

After bolting everything up, I got into my dry fire spot in the basement and it took no time to get the stock adjusted to me. What immediately struck me was how stupid easy it was to get truly straight behind the rifle with no tension. This is something I have struggled from day one with the more conventional (old school) Manners T. So I went shooting and once I had the scope rezeroed I shot a five shot group with three shots literally touching each other (two through the same hole), the other two were 1/2" away from the center cluster on a perfect waterline. I'm pretty sure that if I had been a bit more patient I wouldn't have shanked those two and would have had an incredible group.

Regardless of group size, this stock gives me the confidence that I can start making progress on drills suh as the dot drill since attaining a correct NPA is now a breeze. As I said getting a solid, stress free NPA with myself straight (really straight) behind the gun was something that was virtually impossible behind a more traditional stock design.

I am sold. Needless to say, Brownells is not getting it back.

So to Justin, I apologize for slamming the product before trying it. I have been humbled.

One question: what torque should I apply to the bolts that hold the forend together and hold it onto the backbone?

That's a stand up thing to do. Kudos!