• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bling from KRG

NewsShooter, yes there is a LA Bravo, it has the full W-3 front half and is a bit more money. It will take CIP mags and shortly it will have a spacer to take standard magnum mags if desired.

I should have been more clear, Tikka action, not Rem700

@Massoud, hey Justin, glad to see you guys are still rocking it. I'm waiting on a long action ARC Nucleus and plan to run it with a barloc. I think the Bravo 700 LA will be excellent for this build, especially since it accepts long mags, so with a switch barrel setup I can do up to 300 RUM and seat bergers long.

What are the chances the recoil lug and barloc will just drop into the Bravo? Have you guys dropped a short action Nucleus into the Bravo by chance? Or know of someone who has? Obviously Josh at PVA is with the John Hancock but those don't have a barlock.

Last edited:
Reactions: slkzic
Anyone run the newish Accurate Mag 6.5 double stack single feed mag for the Tikka in one of these?

not a bravo but an xray. no binder plate. flawless

Thanks b6graham. That was what I wanted to know. Seems like Accurate Mag and MDT teamed up to bring these to the market. Plus the Tikka CTR mags are double stack single feed so was hoping they would work well with the CTR in a KRG chassis.

Does anyone have an X-Ray or Whiskey 3 and a Bravo? Will the cheek piece from them fit the Bravo? Since they have the Overmold cheek piece available seperately, I wonder if that would be an option with he Bravo.

Yes, over molded cheek piece will work, but it's shorter than the Bravo comb. It will allow multiple positions fore & aft on the original Bravo pins.

Attachments

• 20190405_153734.jpg
    20190405_153734.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 20190405_152346.jpg
    20190405_152346.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 231
Try the Highland Green Cerakote. It is much closer to Sako green than the OD is.
I'm doing a black TRG 22 with a KRG folding rear in highland green Cerakote next week...will post some pics when she's got her clothes on.

Reactions: bunsen27
Might be worthwhile considering the distance the rear of the bolt has to come rearward to come out of the action
I bought the overmolded cheek piece for another build. Just showing it as an option for the Bravo. I plan to wrap my stock Bravo cheek piece with a layer or two of 1/8" black silicone rubber sheet. $7.59 on eBay. Here are a few more pics of the overmold option mounted to a Bravo.

Attachments

• 20190406_003117.jpg
    20190406_003117.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190406_003050.jpg
    20190406_003050.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 20190406_003128.jpg
    20190406_003128.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 190
  • 20190406_002944.jpg
    20190406_002944.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 195
Yes, over molded cheek piece will work, but it's shorter than the Bravo comb. It will allow multiple positions fore & aft on the original Bravo pins.

I tested it once too.
Competition shooting it is great, you dont mind the look of your rig, the working point is the point.

Reactions: SR361
Pretty impressed with these guys! Second KRG build coming together this week.
This one, a Sako TRG folder in 16.5/308 for quiet work & a 26/6.5 for paper punching.
Folder locks up tight, several grip sizes included, overmolded rubber cheek piece & pic rail as well.

Attachments

• 20190408_105627.jpg
    20190408_105627.jpg
    893.7 KB · Views: 212
I would love to see overmolded cheekrest for the Bravo too.
I have these on my X-ray and Whiskey, and love it.
Something similar fro the Bravo would be awesome, or what do you think, my dearest Bravo owners?

Reactions: Macca
I would love to see overmolded cheekrest for the Bravo too.
I have these on my X-ray and Whiskey, and love it.
Something similar fro the Bravo would be awesome, or what do you think, my dearest Bravo owners?
I suggested it in an email. Until then, this is my DIY fix. 3/16" adhesive backed foam rubber...also available in 1/8 & 1/4.

Attachments

• 20190417_191514.jpg
    20190417_191514.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: viking78
Thanks for compliments guys!

Boone sorry we missed hunting season, we did want to get it out in time but things always come up.

Blue Oval- We do have the W-3 for the M995 just so you know.

We'll get some more pics up before long and have a side shot in there, if not, hound me.

Yes the R700LA will be a W-3 front paired with a Bravo back end, same as how the X-ray is set up so it will be CIP length. We do have the spacer block so you can run the shorter mags. We might do a shorter magwell in the future. Whichever one we make, everyone wants the other one, haha. We're unsure on the Badger inlet, Marty at Badger thinks it can't be done but we've never tried it. We are taking a list of names of people who want Badger chassis and we might do another run.

JBM- The back end should fit on a TRG. There might be some clearancing needed for the TRG trigger. I didn't make it clear that the other back ends fit or can be made to fit a TRG also.

Regarding the 180 series forend, it flexes some, no doubt about it. If we could make it not flex for a reasonable cost and weight penalty, we would. For some shooters it's too much, for some it's fine. Some other chassis makers have Howa or Savage chassis with a forend that doesn't flex at all. Some of those chassis are pretty good and would be the best option for someone concerned about forend flex.

Thanks guys,
Justin
That would be good advice if customers found/read this post BEFORE they had purchased,

I for one own a savage 180 alpha full custom build $$$ because I seen great potential in this chassis and was later majorly let down by the forend “it’s terrible” (touches Varmint barrel) I would say major design flaw. The worst thing is my bedded rifle chassis now has no resale and I’ve no options to improve the forend, if you ask me it’s a major oversight by KRG to rectify this and I can assure you I’ll never purchase a KRG product again!

An aluminium forend could easily be manufactured as a drop in replacement from KRG to address this problem they’ve sold, they don’t care to that’s the point and to me that’s a bad company agenda, this product has been the Alpha and Omega of KRG products for me...

Last edited:
That would be good advice if customers found/read this post BEFORE they had purchased,

I for one own a savage 180 alpha full custom build $$$ because I seen great potential in this chassis and was later majorly let down by the forend “it’s terrible” (touches Varmint barrel) I would say major design flaw. The worst thing is my bedded rifle chassis now has no resale and I’ve no options to improve the forend, if you ask me it’s a major oversight by KRG to rectify this and I can assure you I’ll never purchase a KRG product again!

An aluminium forend could easily be manufactured as a drop in replacement from KRG to address this problem they’ve sold, they don’t care to that’s the point and to me that’s a bad company agenda, this product has been the Alpha and Omega of KRG products for me...

That's nice. Remind me again what this has to do with this thread? Smh...

Reactions: spife7980