• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bolt handles for the T1x and B-14R

Kisssofdeath

House of Yates
Minuteman
  • May 9, 2018
    Virginia
    Finally got the swept bolt handles in from Anarchy Outdoors. I wanted black but it was going to be another two weeks and I didn't want to wait. I can send it back later on for a black one if I want to. Overall they are pretty nice. The way they are made allows you to adjust the elevation of the knob. It is also threaded for the standard 5/16-24 threads. Only real negative thing is the finish on the handle is not what I would have expected. Machine marks are visible, having said that I'm 99% sure I'll return both for the black version. I will post photos and give commentary where needed.

Bergara B-14R up first. I will not be keeping the Grenade style knob on this. It is too long and also rough on the skin. I will be sending this back for a different style and shorter. I may just go with the round red knob and swap out the Bix trigger for my Elftmann with Red trigger and safety lever. The second photo is showing knob clearance with the mag ring on the scope.
    IMG_20200328_200622.jpg
    IMG_20200328_200633.jpg

I'll get one of these Red knobs probably the round one.
    1585445898788.png
    1585445944681.png

Tikka T1x. First off, as much as I like Anarchy Outdoors...this is no Sterk. If you still want the best, it is my humble opinion that Sterk is still #1. Again, someone may ask, "why didn't I buy another Sterk"? Well, because I like to try different things. As with the B-14R handle, this one is also threaded for the 5/16-24 knobs. This one option may tip people over to this handle than the Sterk. But, if like me and you put a ball on the end you are gaining nothing because Sterk comes with a smooth round ball. This is also coming from a guy who, in the beginning, didn't really like the Sterk. Talk about eating crow on that one.

I may keep this bolt knob even though it doesn't mate up nice to the handle. It is smooth, in a good location so why buy another?
    IMG_20200328_200709.jpg

There are three pieces here, the handle, the locking collar and the "adapter" to blend the flats together. The B-14R doesn't need an adapter.
    IMG_20200328_200717.jpg
    IMG_20200328_200729.jpg

The Sterk, on the right is a little more swept back and not as long. The Sterk finish when compared to the silver Anarchy version is nicer.
    IMG_20200328_200831.jpg
    IMG_20200328_200837.jpg

There you have it, The two newest bolt handles on the market.

Also, I buy everything you see. Nothing is given to me to test Nothing is sent to me to test.

KOD, you stated the AO bolt handles allow the elevation of the knob to be adjusted. This verbiage may be misconstrued...;)

Seriously though, I like how the AO bolt knob on the Tikka looks. It's a nice simple design that looks like it won't dig into your finger(s) when cycling the bolt. That's just me though.

Keep up the reviews, please. They are always appreciated.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
    Can you tell me what the thread pattern is on the bolt side (not the knob) of the Bergara version?

Reactions: Schütze
    SIR KOD, how is your IBI CALFEE4 barrel doing?sorry too too much question about the calfee4.I just want to know more about that because I have custom calfee4 chamber coming to me soon to try for my new project (sorry if I sound off here).

KOD, you stated the AO bolt handles allow the elevation of the knob to be adjusted. This verbiage may be misconstrued...;) What I was trying to say is that you can rotate the handle itself up and down and this also affects the height of the bolt knob. Hope that clears things up a bit.

Seriously though, I like how the AO bolt knob on the Tikka looks. It's a nice simple design that looks like it won't dig into your finger(s) when cycling the bolt. That's just me though. You are exactly right. This knob isn't too long like the Grenade style is and it's smooth surface it makes for a nice feel.

Keep up the reviews, please. They are always appreciated. Thanks again.
    My answers in red.

Copy sir! Thank you. so the straight chamber is.... (ooppsss) secret

KOD,
    How hard was it to get the stock bolt handle off your b-14r? I just got my new handle this weekend and can not get the stock one to budge. Did you have to use some heat, or do you have any tips to get that dang thing off?
    Thanks!

J-bird,
    First, did you get the black or silver handle? If you got the black please attach a photo for us to see what it looks like. I originally bought the black but was taking a long time to get it in and when I called the rep said they would have the silver in, in a few days and the black would be another couple of weeks to get the finish applied. I told him to just send the silver. He said I could swap them if I wasn't satisfied.

On to the boIt knob removal, remove the bolt from the receiver and locked the bolt section in a bench vise. I would recommend wrapping it in leather or other heavy non marring material if you don't have soft vise jaw covers. The vise doesn't have to be very tight, but tight enough to hold the bolt in place. From there you can use channel lock pliers, positioned at the intersection of the bolt and bolt handle to easily remove the bolt handle. Again, use something in the channel lock jaws to prevent damage, that is if you plan on keeping it. Nothing else was needed.

I finally settled on what I will be using. As shown below, I bought the Dragon Scale and red round bolt knobs from Anarchy Outdoors. The Dragon Scale style is the short one, they make a long one also but it's as long as the Grenade style as shown below. The short style is 1.5" and is as long as I would recommend to be able to easily access the trigger. I had actually planned on using the red ball knob but after looking at it I noticed about 1/4 of the knob has some discoloration on . As luck would have it the dull part showed up on top when mounted to the B-14R handle. So, I put the Dragon style on and never took it off except to add loctite. I had planned on sending the round knob back, but since I had it I decided to try it out on other rifles. I put it on the T1x and the discolored section was on the bottom and out of sight. The length was perfect so instead of going through the hassle and cost to send it back I just kept it on the T1x.

The angle of these two photos are off to much to give an exact comparison but I'm trying to show the length difference between the short and long knob AO sells.
    IMG_20200404_150034.jpg

IMG_20200328_200622.jpg

I went with red because I wanted to use the Elftmann trigger with this rifle and use the Bix Tacsport PRO on another TBD rifle later on this year. Besides, I think the red scheme stands out without being too blingy.
    IMG_20200404_150042.jpg
    IMG_20200406_123234.jpg
    IMG_20200406_123256.jpg

Here is the red ball knob on the T1x.
    IMG_20200406_123112.jpg
    IMG_20200406_123140.jpg
    IMG_20200406_123129.jpg

KOD you mean this little guy,they are shipping, ordered mine through A and J sporting
    20200406_163622.jpg

Yeah, I need that. I just couldn't wait. I don't mind the silver on the T1x but I believe the B-14R needs black.

I go the black handle with the titanium spiral fluted knob.
    I did end up having to heat the factory handle just a bit to get the lock-tite to loosen up, after that it cam out no problem!
    bolt handle.jpg

Reactions: jeronimo
    I guess some of the handles are on a little tighter than others. Looking at yours I have to have the black one for the Bergara now. I think it looks a lot better than the silver one I have.