• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Book on Long Range Shooting

On your way out the door, here is the actual cover,
20200329_151245.jpg

Gee No Harris, now say "Bye, Felicia"

And here we see the oversensitivity that made me leave SH awhile ago and be cautious about asking anything as a newbie shooter. Sigh.

We're all fans, Frank. We're literally all posting about how excited we are about your book. Not a great sales pitch...

EDIT: Cover looks great. Excited to read it.

And let me address the "wound too tight' bullshit,

I want to see anyone of you all, build something from nothing, could be a site, could be the podcast, could be the book. Live with these projects for an extended period of time and then presenting it out there for people. In some cases for free, in other cases at a modest cost, but I will tell you up front, none of this is free.

Then have douchebags come into your house, and troll your efforts, or what they believe to be your efforts in a mocking fashion. Ha, Ha, look at that, why is it like that, I thought he didn't want that, but here it is...

Build something, and in the process invite people to heckle you while you are doing it. Then, if it's successful, watch the doors open up to everyone trying to knock you down so they can build it better, it's constant

Every platform, this constant bullshit, you think it's one or two, it's 100s of times.

and with the thinking its a sales pitch and about the money, wow

Frank, people are jealous, assholes, ignorant and petty. Ignore their diatribe and walk away smiling - enjoy any financial gain.

Reactions: camotoe
CRT2 is right.

Also, that poster was none of those things (unless there's a past history with that user I'm not aware of?). Wasn't even close to heckling.

Back to the topic...

@lowlight I noticed the colon in the title...will there be other volumes in the "Precision Rifle Marksmanship" series or is that just the way the title worked out?

Lol,
maybe you can start a typo thread after, mix in some grammar corrections for additional fun,

you don’t get do you, I had nothing to do with the bipod, or the picture you saw, it was a stock photo from Gun digest used as a placeholder because they are required at the beginning of the year to hold the space.

this image is mine, and yes there is a reason, but if you think I am explaining it here, keeping digging though.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Looking forward to reading it and learning.

And let me address the "wound too tight' bullshit,

Yep. Agree. I appreciate all your hard work Frank.
Forget the fact that you have the actual courage to put yourself out there, your creativity, a part of your very soul on display for all to see.
Then they have the balls to complain?! grrr.

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom (freaking excellent content) that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it!" "I'd rather you just say thank you, and then go on your way."

LOL couldn't help myself with the quote. It's a bit of a stretch, but whatever. It holds true in concept.

Reactions: Lowlight
I get it, it’s just super annoying dealing with the same crap every day,

the fact I continue, and even work to improve what I offer should tell people all they really need to know, but even then many don’t get it. You’re too: fill in blank.

it’s not being “oversensitive” , the person making that comment admitted they can’t handle being anonymous and posting what could be a polarizing question. Imagine their sensitivity level getting close to 25 troll type responses everyday. Everything I put out is attacked for some reason or another. Too expensive rifle, too short a guy talking about it, too loud, too much swearing, wrong shoes, bad hat, why is your buttplate upside-down.

I laughed the other day, I posted the YouTube trigger control video, and before you could have watched it, I had two down votes. They had to subscribe to my channel to find it that fast, and they do it just so they can add they personal dislike to everything I do. I was adding a tag refreshed the page and there was more down votes than plus.

it was clearly an attempted gotcha comment, the fact I had to debate the publisher over the image makes it even more annoying because they fought me over it. I was not moving fast enough and wanted more edits so they were trying to get it out the door, so rather than shoot a new cover image, they wanted to use what they had. They liked the Amazon photo and never understood what the problem was. Clearly there were problems.

I asked to swap 5 images, they declined, so pointing out an image is relevant. If you want to use that as a gotcha as well, then like I said, put yourself out and show me how it’s done.

It's your house and I get that, but again for me personally I wasnt trying to have a "gotcha" moment at all. BUT as you've stated, you probably get a lot of shit like that on a daily basis that we never see. I read on here a lot and chime in very little, why in the hell would I try and start shit? Again, I thought it was funny and figured you had a reason. Didnt think it would be the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak and set you off towards me.

I hope folks recognize, Frank's book is no longer on his timeline. He likely had his own timeline for completion, submission, time for review, edits, etc. It is now in the hands of the publisher and while an author may be told certain dates and those dates are shared with the best of intentions (and likely the author is more eager to see his/her hard work get out to the readers), delays may occur that are outside the author's control, desire, and expectations. I have pre-ordered and am sure it will be an awesome resource for myself and many others.

Reactions: R700P308
I just received notification from Amazon that my pre-order was cancelled. I guess there are delays at the publishing side. I hope that they get it going again soon, I was really looking forward to it.

Reactions: seansmd
My order appears to be just fine. I wonder if you possibly have a setting that cancels back orders if not filled in XX days

Your Amazon.com pre-order (#D01-4027441-9161825) has been canceled

profile_mask2.png

Amazon.com <[email protected]>
2:35 AM (14 hours ago)
to me

LgUwsgyQDkjnz9cjksQpueO3-0RmqFQ1PGA7wpfcSGLYQxrhC5JRjK9KOQ5cA0A93Gxb20aUdmLsvBMurMUh6p49jjzNkY1_TEqx24hRp00RaUktziOBBM8DES1QuKlmP57J7GDXuF6uqTlRUP2HdnnsgeLQfC5ivP-eYrDuCDuvisP85FqeLtqOOMxa8KF-gF3ImFJjaahQ_kVrbok4Zwcq8e428oWe0ws5x6FYEhfh97mlICS_nZM4c72lB0t8RUyZd20wQf_vjdFojqdOnDu_1WBtoEw8E6agKkmLpROp4o_h-Olm8-oTUgf3Ypau3rW_4sSJlommjGBTBOwGBUoYx7XdwGaY_pBL19V5R2CzqUdz1vm9aIg6iOAd56TlouU_ks7fxIbu_RZRCyk2Ml8O3sGZESM=s0-d-e1-ft

Hello Rick,
The release of the item in the order below has been canceled by the publisher and we have canceled your pre-order. You won't be charged for items that are canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Canceled items
Order #D01-4027441-9161825
Placed on Sunday, March 29, 2020
Got questions? Learn more in Help & Customer Service.
Thanks for shopping with us.
Amazon.com
Why was my order canceled?
While we do our best to adhere to our delivery estimates, availability of digital content can change based on information we receive directly from our suppliers. Occasionally, unexpected issues arise that result in a canceled release.

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Your Amazon.com pre-order (#D01-4027441-9161825) has been canceled

profile_mask2.png

Amazon.com <[email protected]>
2:35 AM (14 hours ago)
to me

LgUwsgyQDkjnz9cjksQpueO3-0RmqFQ1PGA7wpfcSGLYQxrhC5JRjK9KOQ5cA0A93Gxb20aUdmLsvBMurMUh6p49jjzNkY1_TEqx24hRp00RaUktziOBBM8DES1QuKlmP57J7GDXuF6uqTlRUP2HdnnsgeLQfC5ivP-eYrDuCDuvisP85FqeLtqOOMxa8KF-gF3ImFJjaahQ_kVrbok4Zwcq8e428oWe0ws5x6FYEhfh97mlICS_nZM4c72lB0t8RUyZd20wQf_vjdFojqdOnDu_1WBtoEw8E6agKkmLpROp4o_h-Olm8-oTUgf3Ypau3rW_4sSJlommjGBTBOwGBUoYx7XdwGaY_pBL19V5R2CzqUdz1vm9aIg6iOAd56TlouU_ks7fxIbu_RZRCyk2Ml8O3sGZESM=s0-d-e1-ft

Hello Rick,
The release of the item in the order below has been canceled by the publisher and we have canceled your pre-order. You won't be charged for items that are canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Canceled items
Order #D01-4027441-9161825
Placed on Sunday, March 29, 2020
Got questions? Learn more in Help & Customer Service.
Thanks for shopping with us.
Amazon.com
Why was my order canceled?
While we do our best to adhere to our delivery estimates, availability of digital content can change based on information we receive directly from our suppliers. Occasionally, unexpected issues arise that result in a canceled release.

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.
Sorry, this is Kindle also. I ordered both Kindle and softcover, however, I only received cancellation for the Kindle.

Mine's for a hard copy and it's still still there, but it did change from preorder to not yet shipped and dropped from the first page to where it should be in the chronological order.

my May 11th expected delivery has just been updated to this Thursday, May 7th. Per amazon

Just ordered Kindle version. And.... just got it! Cool.

I've written a book (self-published).... it's a LOT of work. Kudos, Frank. Looking forward to reading... will start tonight. :geek:

My hard copy preorder arrived today. Woo hoo. I just had time to page through it but I really like what I see.

Thanks for your efforts, Frank.

Stoked! Just arrived. Can’t wait to dig in.

Attachments

• D92CBC7F-37A9-451A-8843-5A1A2DF64199.jpeg
    D92CBC7F-37A9-451A-8843-5A1A2DF64199.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 37
Kudos to Frank!

I received my copy from Amazon Monday and have read up through chapter twelve, I'm impressed!
Although I was convinced that Mil/Mil was the way to go, his chapter on wind calls settled any lingering questions I may have had.
Also, his instruction on setting up a new rifle was so purpose driven that I will probably take my RPR apart to make sure it is all adjusted properly then remount my scope as he explains.

Ken Taylor