• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New build options. 6.5 vs. 7 PRC?

I tried 143eld-x, 140eldm, 131 HH, and 140 Bergers.....best performance on deer was 140eldm. Others tended to pencil right through leaving a small exit wound, unless hitting bone. Our deer are smaller, thin skinned and bullet expansion can be problematic. I'm switched to a 7mm prc with 175eldx and not having the same problems with expansion.
i like the 140 eldms too but don't be afraid of the 147 eldms. we also have smaller deer (axis hawaii)this was an exit from last weekend (approx 2279 impact fps). they don't go far

Attachments

• PXL_20240302_185305713.jpg
    PXL_20240302_185305713.jpg
    873.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldogce
Really what I should do is put the extra money needed into bedding my weatherby Vangaurd 6.5 Creedmore into a nicer stock. That should give me the accuracy I would like in a rifle I already have and like to handled for and shoot. Then again I took my 8-point whitetail this season with my Swedish M96/38 rifle with a scout scope and hand load. Neck shot. DRT. I’ve had it 30 years and it was made in 1903. Still shoots great!
Two birds of the same feather. Creed has nothing on the Swede- esp if you handload. Love these old cartridges that are still relevant- my 54R's loaded with .30 cal boolits give me velocities between the .308 and the Springfield...

My son’s new rifle is complete. He has a Proof carbon fiber barrel with 1:7.5 twist. What would be best bullet weight range for this twist barrel? I normally load 140-147 grain for my 6.5 Swedes and 6.5 CM.
Buy the Hornady factory 147 ELDM ammo. or the bullet if you're gonna handload. Not gonna get an equal or higher BC bullet in 7mm unless you step up to the 180 ELDM, 184 hybrid, or heavier...