• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Bushnell Elite LRHS2

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    945755DD-1372-4A83-B060-F35EED27DE40.jpeg

Buddy of mine sent me this that George posted. I’m eager to see it. ED Prime glass, under $1000, Mil/Mil FFP, locking windage, unknown on the G2H reticle and mag ranges. I’m really hoping the mag range has been changed and moved to a 5x erector. But it looks promising. As much as i like dads v6 conquest and our VX6HD i just don’t like having MOA based scopes in the lineup.

oh man, I just took my lrhsi 4.5-18 off my 6.5prc and put an nx8 on it for a little more magnification. Maybe this will fill the void I was needing filled when I went nightforce.

I didn’t care for the 4.5-18. Never got to use the 3-12. The eyebox was a bit tight on the 4.5-18. I’m really hoping it’s a 3-15 and not just a straight redesign of the old models with new glass. Obviously the locking windage is new.

I didn’t care for the 4.5-18. Never got to use the 3-12. The eyebox was a bit tight on the 4.5-18. I’m really hoping it’s a 3-15 and not just a straight redesign of the old models with new glass. Obviously the locking windage is new.

I use both the 3-12 and 4.5-18, eyebox is a fuzz tight, but not terrible. I like the capped windage on mine, but the markings could be better. 3-18 and 5-25 with 50+mm obj & ed prime glass could be really nice.

Reactions: 5RWill
    Obviously the locking windage is new.
    Just like the rest of the elite line now

Looks like it’s going to be the xrs2/dmr2 pro level glass based on the ed objective label.
    Im guessing it will keep the 30mm tube as it’s spot in the line up.

Reactions: lash
    I use both the 3-12 and 4.5-18, eyebox is a fuzz tight, but not terrible. I like the capped windage on mine, but the markings could be better. 3-18 and 5-25 with 50+mm obj & ed prime glass could be really nice.
    I would kill for that. Hell even if it’s just a 3-15. or maybe a 3.5-18 and 5-25

Just like the rest of the elite line now
    Ah yes it’s been a while since I’ve used an XRSII or DMR II pro

Reactions: beretta_man11
    I just got a 3-12 LRTS and it is fantastic. The glass and eye relief are awesome for the price. If this is an improvement over the original LRTS/LRHS line I’m getting one.

The locking windage was already incorporated in the LRTS line, I forget if the LRHS had capped windage.

Damn! Right after I buy a scope I get word of the new one I really wanted.

Though, I guess, if I waited on the next thing to eventually come out I would never have get anything.
    LOL. This is how I feel waiting around for the Mark5 7-35 with the PR2 or whatever the XRS3 ends up being.

I still love my LRHSi on my long range hunting gun, so I wont be an early adopter, but this looks great. @5RWill I assume "under 1000" is street price, not MSRP? Or are you speculating?

LOL. This is how I feel waiting around for the Mark5 7-35 with the PR2 or whatever the XRS3 ends up being.

I still love my LRHSi on my long range hunting gun, so I wont be an early adopter, but this looks great. @5RWill I assume "under 1000" is street price, not MSRP? Or are you speculating?
    Via George Gardner in his Facebook comments

Update still 4.5-18. So I’m assuming there is a 3-12 as well.

Are you saying you have gotten confirmation one of the models is a 4.5-18? If so, that kinda blows a bit...

Nothing is wrong with that mag range but just like you, I really prefer the 3-15.

Update still 4.5-18. So I’m assuming there is a 3-12 as well.

Are you saying you have gotten confirmation one of the models is a 4.5-18? If so, that kinda blows a bit...

Nothing is wrong with that mag range but just like you, I really prefer the 3-15.

Was really hoping for a different erector and mag range. Curious if FOV has changed at all to be wider. The LRHS glass was already really good for the price. Maybe they made it shorter and lighter? If all they did was throw ED glass into the original design and update turrets slightly this is somewhat of a letdown but waiting to see full specs.
    I may have just lost about $400 on the value of my LRHS if this new one is coming in under $1k, anybody wanna buy my LRHSi - it’s a classic 😆

G3H doesn’t sound that exciting either, was hoping for a G4H reticle that had .2 mil hash throughout. Any word on illumination, be lame if they go the DMR II Pro route and XTR III route and not offer illumination.

If no illumination that may have saved the value of my LRHSi 😁

I may have just lost about $400 on the value of my LRHS if this new one is coming in under $1k, anybody wanna buy my LRHSi - it’s a classic 😆

That scope is too good to lose 55% because a new version comes out... Of course I'm biased as I still own one. ;)

That scope is too good to lose 55% because a new version comes out... Of course I'm biased as I still own one. ;)
    I was just kidding of course. Just a little baffled they are releasing essentially the same scope but with a glass upgrade and minor tweak to the reticle; however, given this crazy year it's probably a smart move by Bushnell rather than spending a bunch of R&D on a new design. I think the GAP deal of yesteryear showed there's a definite market for this type of scope if it is priced right, Bushnell reuses all the tooling and makes a few enhancements so they can keep price down. I'm guessing this LRHS2 will be a big hit, but I do think they need a LRHS2i with illumination as many will be wanting/preferring this.

Yes read the comments on that post if you have FB i asked George if the mag ranges had changed. Here it is for those that don’t have FB. So I’m assuming the same design.
    56D5CC00-25D1-4739-A16E-FA4B8A57326D.jpeg

I was just kidding of course. Just a little baffled they are releasing essentially the same scope but with a glass upgrade and minor tweak to the reticle; however, given this crazy year it's probably a smart move by Bushnell rather than spending a bunch of R&D on a new design. I think the GAP deal of yesteryear showed there's a definite market for this type of scope if it is priced right, Bushnell reuses all the tooling and makes a few enhancements so they can keep price down. I'm guessing this LRHS2 will be a big hit, but I do think they need a LRHS2i with illumination as many will be wanting/preferring this.

The magnification doesnt bother me much, and if they moved to 5x I would rather have 4 - 20 than 3-15 (for my uses), but all this being said I agree with you re: illumination and that its basically the same scope. But if they keep the price right I think they will sell a lot of them.

The magnification doesnt bother me much, and if they moved to 5x I would rather have 4 - 20 than 3-15
    I'm with you on that, still looking for the lighter 4-20 with good glass to come from somewhere. The 4.5-18 doesn't quite have the FOV that I'd prefer but it's workable

Reactions: chase723
    Good. I really really like the LRHSi 4.5-18 for my hunting rig and have been looking for a second. I really liked the G2H reticle and donut of death. Hopefully Bushnell adds illum and gets these out by mid summer 2021. Wonder if the G3H will have the donut of death also?

Last edited:
    No illumination, no deal... maybe it’s a crutch, but I depend upon it in dark shaded areas.

hmmmm....now I'm second thinking the XRS II as my backup. Very encouraging. The LRTS(i) were nice scopes for the $$.

No illumination, no deal... maybe it’s a crutch, but I depend upon it in dark shaded areas.

I almost never use illumination. In the case of the original LRHS and LRTS, the reticle (at the center) on the non-illuminated models are half as thick vs the illuminated versions. Additionally, the illuminated version, particularly when comparing an illuminated 4.5-18x to a non-illuminated 3-12x seemed to have much better glass. A non-illuminated 3-12 with better glass would have been a stellar hunting scope.

Reactions: bob812
    Oh baby. I really need to re scope my hinting rifle, this looks perfect

G3 Illuminated 50mm obj and 30mm tube all around 26-28oz would an optic I could get comfortable with.

Edit: The FB page appears to shows a non-illuminated version, fingers crossed for some lume!

When will Bushnell officially announce this line?Also interesting with the other elite scopes like DMR and XRS they used the Roman numeral II, but with LRHS they use an actual number 2.

I almost never use illumination. In the case of the original LRHS and LRTS, the reticle (at the center) on the non-illuminated models are half as thick vs the illuminated versions. Additionally, the illuminated version, particularly when comparing an illuminated 4.5-18x to a non-illuminated 3-12x seemed to have much better glass. A non-illuminated 3-12 with better glass would have been a stellar hunting scope.
    I just turned 59, and while I can still outwork most guys half my age, my vision has degraded.
    Bright daylight, no problem, cloudy day with dark timber background? I want illumination to focus on target... ymmv

Has anybody seen the G3H or is it still an unknown at this point? Someone can correct me here, but the following is my understanding of the progression (and I know there's a difference b/w illuminated & unilluminated in terms of thicknesses):

G2
    1608649424606.png

G2H
    1608649481674.png

G3 (wider line width and addition of "mover marks".
    1608649585147.png

I'd assume that the G3H is just the G3 with the donut of death & solid bold outer lines at ~6.5 mil instead of 8 mil, but just curious if anyone knows and isn't guessing.

Has anybody seen the G3H or is it still an unknown at this point? Someone can correct me here, but the following is my understanding of the progression (and I know there's a difference b/w illuminated & unilluminated in terms of thicknesses):

G2
    View attachment 7508821

G2H
    View attachment 7508829

G3 (wider line width and addition of "mover marks".
    View attachment 7508831

I'd assume that the G3H is just the G3 with the donut of death & solid bold outer lines at ~6.5 mil instead of 8 mil, but just curious if anyone knows and isn't guessing.

Hope the donut of death makes it into the new reticle, love the donut of death. Great for quick ranging and close up shooting.

Hope the donut of death makes it into the new reticle, love the donut of death. Great for quick ranging and close up shooting.
    G2 was standard reticle, G2H had the "donut/circle of death" added to the G2. One would assume the G3H would be the G3 but with the donut added, I think this is a pretty safe assumption.

George is saying FOV is "probably the same but it looks better because the picture is so crisp"??? The original LRHS/LRTS was hailed as having excellent glass for the price point. I guess I have to wait and see how much the image is improved vs my LRHSi; however, I am guessing what is mostly improved is control of CA, if resolution and edge to edge sharpness is improved I will be impressed. Waiting for the official announcement from Bushnell - @Team RCBS & Bushnell any ideas when this might come?

Unlikely to get me to sell my 3-12 LRHS. Love it on my hunting right. Glass is plenty good. I don't need better because I use my binos to scan anyways. I was hoping to drop a little bit of weight. The LRHS is not that heavy anyways so there may not be room to play with on that one.

Im a big fan of these scopes (still have one) but a few things should have been fixed. I would call this the LRHS1.5:
    • Length: They are ridiculously long and don't work well with night optics
    • Weight: Its a crossover scope and at 30mm it could stand to be significantly lighter
    • Reticle: Donut of death is awesome and welcome but hopefully the reticle is thinner than the G2H, it was simply too thick for precision work and not necessary since you have the donut anyway
    • Top turret should lock. The arrow works, but still, locking is preferred
    • Why uncap the windage??

It’s locking windage this time. But i think the entire optic should’ve been redesigned from the ground up with a 5x erector, 50mm objective, and a downsized form factor for the larger model. The 3-12 will still be one hell of an optic especially for a sporter or lighter weight rifle. The 4.5-18 is what’s more disappointing.

It’s locking windage this time. But i think the entire optic should’ve been redesigned from the ground up with a 5x erector, 50mm objective, and a downsized form factor for the larger model. The 3-12 will still be one hell of an optic especially for a sporter or lighter weight rifle. The 4.5-18 is what’s more disappointing.

Those are my thoughts exactly...